Peter Bosz and the New Ajax

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I believe this was Kluivert's first appearance on the Ajax Sr. bench, am I right??

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes, his first Jong Ajax appearance was only a couple of weeks ago.

3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Making excellent progress then

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax A1 will host Juventus A1 in early February to see which team advances in the Youth CL.

5. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Bazoer for 12mln in the Bundesliga. This means they could have sold him in the EPL for 20 mln. easily. Whatever, good luck to the kid.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    His brother is the agent and he was never going to England.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    A number of Jong Ajax players in the selection for the cup tie against Cambuur tomorrow. de Ligt, Frenkie de Jong, Nouri, Clement, and Cerny. Given Jong Ajax defeated Cambuur several weeks ago, Bosz may use these players in the squad rotation. I have been very impressed by Frenkie de Jong in the Jong Ajax matches that I've seen. It's quite likely he will force his way into the first team quite soon. Let's hope the club can off load Gudelj in January as he is excess baggage right now. The same could be said of Klaassen but they are not going to deal el Capitan right now

8. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Good for the kid, not so good for Ajax's finances.:)

9. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
  10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Overmars was a dumbass and signed black on white a month ago that Bazoer would be allowed to leave for 12 million. So if he went to the EPL he still would have been sold for only 12 million. In fact, Telegraaf reported that 17 clubs were willing to pay the transfer fee. Bazoer just decided to choose the worst team for some reason.

11. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Maybe he just prefers to be a big fish in a small pond, who knows.

12. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Incredible that a young talent not given a chance by Bosz what a mess Ajax has become.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    All the Jong Ajax MFs are better than Bazoer right now. Bazoer's handling speed is just too slow as Wolfsberg will discover. I don't think he will be missed

14. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If so then they should play bring in the youth and let them learn and develop.

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They have been playing in cup ties and even some of the EL matches. Biggest problem is that the MF will continue to be dysfunctional as long as Klaassen remains a starter. He has the worst touch of any "highly rated" MF I've seen play. There is a good reason that his teammates won't pass to him.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Disappointing play from Los Chicos in the first half. Cambuur up 2-0 off of some mental mistakes which is surprising as pretty much the same team won in a Jupiter League match several weeks ago. Turnover from de Jong for one goal and some very poor positional play from de Ligt allowing his man in free on Boer.

17. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Overconfidence and underestimation were punished. Hope kids will learn.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Los Chicos dug the team in too big a hole to climb out of. Even with three first teamers coming on after the break, Ajax could only pull one goal back and are now out of the Beker Cup for the sixth straight year. Not many positives at all in this match with only a few chances on goal that were not realized. The lone goal came off a long corner from Schöne to a totally unmarked Clement who made no mistake and headed it home. The three young midfielders all had very poor matches which was disappointing for both them and those of us who see them as the future for Ajax.

Player Ratings:

Boer (6) - could do anything on the two goals
    Dijks (5) - just ordinary and nothing more
    Viergever (5) - had a great chance on goal that was well saved
    de Ligt (5) - very good in the 2nd half but has to eliminate the position mistake that conceded a goal; those are always punished at the higher level
    Tete (4.5) - offensive liabilities were well on display and even defensively was below what he can do; maybe his heart is not with Ajax any longer
    van de Beek (3) - woeful performance with too many turnovers
    de Jong (3) - poor ball handling and a turnover conceded the first goal
    Nouri (4.5) - best of the three starting midfielder and had a couple of shots on goal
    Cerny (3.5) - mediocre at best
    Cassierra (3.5) - total non-factor
    Clement (5) - created a little bit of danger and managed to score the lone goal as he was not defended on the corner kick
    Dolberg (4) - contributed nothing as a sub
    Schöne (6) - still capable of creating some offense
    Younes (3) - too much selfish play that led to turnovers

PSV on Sunday and Viergever will be missed.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pretty much the same team beat Cambuur 3-1 a couple of weeks ago. Go figure, football is a strange game.

20. Well, the benefit is for you that PB doesnot have to tell them that against PSV one cannot have those kind of comedy capers passing and defending (I really am old, think the last two generation have no clue who the Comedy Capers were). I watched the highlights and it was kind of surreal.

Orange14 repped this.
  21. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Very disappointing with the overall game play, the 3 Midfielders had a good chance & didn't do their job! Shows the gulf of quality between Kindergarden & Senior level. Let us be patient with these guys & not hype them too much.

This is also the reason why Schone & Ziyech must stayed with Ajax till 2018 atleast as 2 key players - Nouri, Van de Beek, De Jong can slot in here & there but you need an experienced (or somewhat Exp) spine.

Dijks, Tete should be let go for younger higher potential players. This was a good opportunity for the young players & they will get better!

22. I posted in another forum that Tete was the best defensive player of the Eredivisie and a few hours later he produces a stinker of a match.
    As if he's part of the bunch that want to proof me wrong with whatever I say.:D

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He was terrific last season. Remember how he totally shut down Elia? I think his being passed by for Veltman has changed his outlook and he appears not to be interested these days when he gets on the pitch. Even if he transfers in January his offensive liabilities are too big right now to be a regular RB for a top club.

24. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Very poor first touch from Ziyech. He could have won the match there.

25. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    This Cassierra guy should have won the match three times over. And what was that De Ligt for Cerny sub when we needed a winning goal? I'm confused.