Peter Bosz and the New Ajax

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Other than scoring goals he's a much better player than Klaassen. I've also been quite impressed with Frenkie de Jong as well.

2. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nouri is a much better player technically than Van de Beek, who is more mature physically. I think that Nouri will improve with time, it will have to be patient with him.

3. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sure but everyone thought that van der Vaart would be better than Sneijder also. I'm just saying van de Beek has always been a really impressive player also, but has kind of been overshadowed a bit by Nouri. Now that they're starting to step up to the first team and really push for a spot Donny is the one that seems to be adjusting better. Obviously it's still early but I think it could be an interesting development.

4. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    When Klaassen if offloaded & Van de Beek makes it with Nouri close in the heels, it could open a gateway for guys like Eiting & Frenkie de Jong too - Potentially exciting times!

5. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bosz - After talks with Riechedly I assume there is a big chance that he is not with this team anymore after the winter break!
    Against Standard I want to play young players so they can get used to this international level

My guess -

Cerny Cassiera El Ghazi
    Nouri Riedewald Van beek/de jong
    Dijks De Light Westermann Tete

If Van Beek doesn't start, I think De Jong will, or perhaps De Jong will come in as a sub!

6. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Newspapers say this:
    Cerny Casseirra El Ghazi
    Nouri Klaassen
    Vd Beek
    Dijks Riedewald De Ligt Tete
    Onana​

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #932 Orange14, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    ^^I guess Klaassen is starting to get game fit for this Sunday.:D I wonder if he might be the deep lying MF. He has played deep before when he was suffering from the groin injury and I thought he was OK there. Otherwise, it was the lineup that I expected to see though I thought maybe Boer would get a shot at keeper.

UPDATE: Cerny is not starting because of fitness so Younes plays on the left wing. Boer is starting at keeper.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow this is definitely not good. How do these guys get in with flares and fireworks?? UEFA should call for immediate forfeiture of the match when this happens!

9. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Bosz has really taken the level of Ajax up compared to what they were with de Boer. It's really impressive to see how they've progressed from the beginning of the season. With the young players they have coming through right now they could even mount a decent showing in the CL as early as next season, IMO. De Ligt, Tete, Nouri, van de Beek, Riedewald, Dolberg, Cerny, Ziyech, among others. Things are looking good!

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Great goal from El Ghazi. Standard Luik doesn't seem to be aware they need a win.

In a case like this they should clear the stands and then continue playing imo.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lots of missed chances by both teams. This match could have very well ended up 6-5 or something crazy like that. Some very good individual plays on defense but as a team, things were quite shaky in the final 40 minutes. Dijks was all over the field and seldom in the right place. Riedewald might have done better on the goal as the attacker he was defending is shorter than he is.

Player Ratings:

Boer (6.5) - had nothing to do for 50 minutes and then had to be on the top of his game as shots were coming in from all over
    Dijks (4.5) - decent going forward but constantly leaving his wing exposed to Standard attackers
    Riedewald (6.5) - some very good interventions and passing but maybe he should have done better on the goal
    de Ligt (6.5) - decent enough but again was occasionally caught out of position
    Tete (7) - locked down the right side completely
    van de Beek (6.5) - some wonderful passing and some very poor defending
    Nouri (5.5) - didn't get to see much of the ball but when he did things happened; should have converted one of the two chances
    el Capitan (6) - ran a lot in the match but his poor touches were still more than the good ones
    Younes (6) - continues to be less selfish as the season goes on which is a good thing
    Cassierra (6) - worked hard and was denied by the keeper when he was in on goal
    AeG7 (7) - goal was beautiful but he could have easily had two more with better finishing
    Dolberg (5.5) - quiet match coming on as a sub
    Ziyech (6) - on late for Nouri and had a good pass that AeG7 couldn't put away

Off to Enschede to play FC Twente on Sunday

12. Abhirup

Abhirup Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Kolkata
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Early days but Ajax look like Ajax again after almost a decade! Except for the last 20 minutes of the game, they resembled their former selves, the pioneers who revolutionized modern football and engendered the brand espoused and advocated by the likes of Barcelona, Arsenal and each and every attacking team in world football. The mercurial midfield duo of Van de Beek and Nouri weaved their magic in midfield(although the latter was a bit quiet during the early stages), supported by a terrific backline consisting of Tete , De Ligt (hard to believe he's still only 17 and made his first-team debut a few weeks back) and Riedewald. These youngsters need CL experience as soon as possible and should they keep up their development, the much coveted Oranje call ups aren't far away.
    Expecting an Oranje revolution after a frustrating period of transition. Props to Bosz for playing the 4-3-3 and sticking to Cruyff's philosophy. Optimistic!

aveslacker repped this.
  13. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    De Ligt has to be a serious serious prospect. I mean seriously he is 17 or something & that good!

I thought the big mistake was to play with Klaassen, Van de Beek & Nouri in midfield which created defensive instability. Westermann should have played @ CB with Riedewald @ DM & Klaassen benched.

Van de beek was probably the best of the midfielders - Nouri has talent but why is adjustment so slow vs Van de beek?

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    van de Beek is like Klaassen in that he has great endurance and it's easier playing the holding MF in terms of getting the ball. Nouri needs to be more active in getting into positions where he can receive a pass. Once he has the ball he makes things happen. You can see on the pass map how things worked.

[​IMG]

Sybe Pals repped this.
  15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just watched the Jong teams from Ajax and PSV play in the Jupiter league. Ajax prevailed 1-0 on a nice header from Sierhuis at the 6oth minute off of a nicely placed free kick from Frenkie de Jong. Jong Ajax dominated the match and Krul really didn't have to make a difficult save all match long. Remember this is a team that was missing four starters who were on the senior team squad yesterday. They are now second in the Jupiter league. Justin Kluivert started on the right wing. Serero played the full 90. I think Sierhuis is a solid prospect and hope he plays regularly with Jong Ajax (other than the A1 CL matches). He needs much better competition right now. Both Karel Eiting and Frenkie de Jong had nice matches and are also going to be good players. It's nice to see Ajax have a lot of good players coming up through the youth program.

Rinus127 repped this.
  16. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yeah i'm also really optmistic about the future. The depth is amazing. The question now is : Can this lads perform as the Michels boys or the Van Gaal boys and win a trophy in Europe?

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Only the Europa League as no Dutch teams will be playing in the CL once it is reorganized plus the fact that the league coefficient is heading down the toilet these days.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I am stunned that a team is paying €12M for Bazoer. I would have loaded up the transfer fee with a lot of conditionals as I don't think he is worth that much. Maybe I am wrong.

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not surprised at all actually. He's shown that he has immense potential. He has all the prerequisites to reach a very high level. Just hasn't come out at Ajax. According to Telegraaf almost 20 other clubs were willing to pay the transfer fee, including the likes of Juventus and Everton.

20. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    12M is nothing in today's world where higuain went for 95M, Pogba 110M - Any decent guy goes for 40-50M, so a good prospect can fetch that much money.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I know that they were talking ridiculous money last year and a lot of clubs rumoured to want him. Problem is that his handling speed right now is way to slow for top level football. You saw this a lot last season when he would get a ball and sit on it for what seemed to be forever. If he had Clasie's ability he would be right up there. He did score a couple of amazing goals and I really do hope that he succeeds wherever he ends up. IMO, Frenkie de Jong and Donny van de Beek are much better prospects and Karel Eiting could end up being in that ranking as well.

In other news, the game day roster for tomorrow's match with FC Twente was posted. Sinkgraven, Traore, Cerny and Tete are all out injured. Guess who gets a call up? Ready for it>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JUSTIN KLUIVERT!!! Dad must be proud. Nouri, de Ligt, and van de Beek are the other teens in the squad.

adri and Rinus127 repped this.
  22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  23. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I stopped watching this excuse for a football game after the first half. What strikes me though isn't the final score but coach's reaction. All he did was subbing his top scorer for a player that has yet to score and kept players like Riedewald, Nouri, vd Beek, De Ligt on the bench. What point is he really trying to prove?

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    A loss is a loss even when it might not be deserved. Just when I was thinking that Viergever was the best player on the pitch he gets his feet tangled up falls down and swipes at the ball right in front of Onana. He knew it was a stone cold penalty. Not really much to say that is positive from this match. Most of the starters had Thursday night off and they really looked bad other than Sanchez's winning every aerial duel that came his way. Passing was the worst of any match this season and good first touches were non-existent. I hate to continue to harp on Klaassen but until he leaves the club there won't be a functioning midfield and I don't care how many goals he scores this season.

Player Ratings:

Onana (6) - guessed wrong on the penalty
    Dijks (5) - all around average
    Viergever (4.5) - played very well until the hand ball
    Sanchez (6) - great intervention to save a goal when Dolberg turned the ball over; only fault was several outlet passes right to Twente players
    Veltman (3.5) - horrible passing and a cross that sailed 10M over the crossbar
    Schöne (5.5) - yes he was fouled in the last 20 seconds and deserved a free kick and no it would not have mattered
    Ziyech (4.5) - a couple of good passes amidst great mediocrity
    el Capitan no touch (4) - typical match from one who cannot control the ball; does Bosz not see this?
    Younes (5.5) - great chance in the first half and was looking to create danger unlike his teammates
    Dolberg (3.5) - horrible touches and give aways
    QeG7 (6) - played quite well and was surprised at the end of the half when he beat three players and then could not get a shot off
    Cassierra (5) - had no impact as a sub

Cambuur cup tie mid-week and now a home match against PSV that is a must win if Ajax harbor any title chances. They are not going to make up the current goal differential that Feyenoord enjoys.