Peter Bosz and the New Ajax

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not really, they are all play for Jong Ajax!:D

2. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Shame about that goal. What's the use of being a big guy like Dijks if you can't even block a 36 year old veteran.

Feyenoord was the better team for 80 minutes but I wouldn't have minded to steal the points. Feyenoord did good in constant pressing and high tempo. I think the away game in Spain also had it's effects on the fitness of our players. Especially Ziyech, who I must say does so much work, I never expected that of him before he got here.

We're still going to win the league though. Count on it!

Orange14 repped this.
  3. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Ziyech is so overated to me...I was saying it even when he was shining with Twente, answering some members here calling him "the second best dutch player in activity behind Robben".

He is good technically but not that great, he shines thanks to the mediocrity around him.

4. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yes he is. Ziyech is by far better than Klaassen, Promes, Wijnaldum, Propper, Strootman and others. Today it was tough for him against a fantastic El Ahmadi, who i think would be very useful for the Dutch in DM position.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  5. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    You sound as they could not play together. Modric and Kroos playing together at Real, Rakitic, Iniesta (Barcelona), Ozil, Ramsey (Arsenal). I remember that in, Milan Ancelotti was play along Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka. This is not the fault of Ziyech if Nouri is not playing. I'm sure they would form a great duo.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I agree with Laurent75 about Ziyech; he was not worth the money Ajax paid for him and I'm not sure they will ever get that money back.

@Rinus127 - Bosz will never play Nouri and Ziyech together which is why I've selected that name for our expensive purchase. Of course he is better than all the midfielders you mention above because all of them have major deficiencies. In the two EL matches Ziyech has struggled. I don't think he's anything more than a mid-table EPL midfielder and likely not even that given the roughness of the English game.

7. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ziyech was the transfer of the season & if Ajax are smart expect 30-35M off him atleast.

These are Ziyech's stats this season -

Matches - 13
    Goals - 5
    Assists - 9

He has more than 1 G + A per match, 1 G/A every 78 minutes. This is while he has come to a new team with a dysfunctional midfield. Can you imagine next season or 2nd season when Ajax have a decent midfield.

There's only De Bruyne who has this kind of stats. He has 1 G & 1 A in the 2 EL games & he has these kind of stats in the Cup n League!

8. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    The English league is not my absolute reference. The game is very uncouth and unrefined. Very good players with great technical struggled to shine there. I think of Di Maria or Veron, for example. Ziyech I see him more play in Germany or Spain. Personally, I think he has the potential to reach the top.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well I hope you two are not delusional. I think when Bas Dost transfers out of Sporting for €60M, Ziyech will fetch the €30-35M that Mr. S notes. Yes he is putting up interesting statistics in a league where defense is not at a premium. Anyone who puts faith in these numbers, I have one name to remember Afonso Alves! EPL teams are the only ones who would pay that kind of money for Ziyech. Do you think a club like Bayern or Madrid would buy him???

10. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Did you include his games with Morocco ? He only scores PK' in friendlies with Morocco...Otherwise he is a sub there, Belhanda get the starting spot.

I really really doubt Ajax will sell him for big money, he had crazy stats with Twente and nobody came to pay the little 10millions fee Twente was asking for.

11. Well, nobody here thought Cilessen was worth what Barca payed for him, so if you want silly money for a player, put him at PSV or Ajax. That puts on an extra 5 to 10 million. Due to the CL heritage of both teams.

12. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Clearly the first keeper of Oranje with a long contract was worth more than 10 million...

Remember Milik?

@Twente. If he get's similar stats at Ajax I do no doubt that a club will come to spend big money on him.

13. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Feyenoord : True, but if Ajax could only get 12 millions for Eriksen (1 year contract left) while being only 21 and one of the biggest talents in the world, they won't get 35 millions for a 24 or 25yo Ziyech...

14. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Milik was a lucky transfer. Napoli sold Higuain for huge money and Ajax took advantage of the situation...If Napoli came three months before and offered 15-18 millions for Milik, there would be very good chances Ajax accepts the transfer.

It was just totally stupid for Napoli to announce they want a new striker just after selling Higuain for huge money, obviously the clubs would ask for much more than the players regular value.

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Point is that it can and does happen and it's not only Real and Bayern spending those kinds of sums. For all we know Ziyech decides to cash out in China in 2 seasons.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He can join Graziano Pelle!!! The only clubs that have big money to spend these days are EPL teams, Bayern, Barca, Madrid, and PSG. Juventus will occasionally splurge but everyone else requires income from transfers. Napoli could not have purchased Milik for that inflated price had they not sold Higuain for really silly money (what was Juventus thinking; spending a huge amount of money for a 29 year old striker?).

China is a wild card. Most of the big money has been spent for over the hill players and even they they usually don't stay for long. We'll see what happens with Ziyech in a year or two.

17. From being a player plucked from a beach by Feyenoord to , within 4 seasons, the 7th best payed player on the planet is a story book event. He could join Everton with Koeman, but prospect of winning something noteworthy were slim, so he chose the bigger, well very much bigger pay check. And noodles were brought to Italy by Marco Polo, so food like he can accomodate too.

Orange14 repped this.
  18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    7th best payed player on the planet??

Come on now :ROFLMAO:

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rinus127 and Orange14 repped this.
  20. Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  22. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Starting to like this guy :D

[​IMG]

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Tim Krul may not get any matches with Ajax!

24. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  25. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How far away from fitness is Krul?