Peruvians Playing Elsewhere 2005 edition part 3

Discussion in 'Peru' started by condor11, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    I like this Pantera better ;)

[​IMG]

2. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    From the highlights that I just saw, Mendoza was one of the best players on the field!

Let's hope he has a long good stay at OM.

3. PERU CAMPEON !!

PERU CAMPEON !! Arriba Peru !!

Universitario de deportes
    Peru
    May 9, 2005
    MONUMENTAL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    were did u get the highlights from? :confused:

links please :D

4. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Saw them on TV, Fox Sport Noticias.

5. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    saw his goal on the bbc, he just unleashed his left foot and the keeper didnt stand a chance

6. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    just saw it on fox sports report...

no chance for the GK, fue un bombazo...

7. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Ahhh, classic Mendoza

8. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

I watched the entire game, with my limited understanding of French ...

Mendoza played a decent game. In the 1st half he was close to scoring after tapping one touch a long ball. the keeper saved well.

2 things to add ... Mendoza was taking all the free kicks and the corners from the right. Nothing like a Solano service, but it denotes confidence in him.

The 2nd goal was a beauty ... almost puts himself in offside. And this is what Mendoza needs to improve. He was very little in touch with the ball, it looks as he "hides" behind defenders, which makes his team mates impossible to find him. Olympique is a very fast team ... lots of talent and dribbling as well. Mendoza would put himself in offside, unnecesarily, several times when the counter had them on 3 against 3. Obviously, he was not delivered the ball eventhou he was wide open a couple times. This would stall the attack and OM would lose the ball.

After his goal, Mendoza was running on the right (yep the right) and received a pass which he flicked with his left heal, which in turn opened the right back to move forward and cross the ball to #7, who scored the 3rd. Very nice goal.

He was subbed by #18, ironically the guy we were talking abou when the jersey # posts. :D The coach did it to give the fans a chance to give Mendoza a round of applause. Mendoza appaluded back to the fans.

Highlite of the nite ... when Di Canio is subbed early in the 2nd half. The OM fans shouting: Di Canio, va fanculo! (bis) :D

Good game for Olympique. Good team, fast and with very good one touch passing and movility. Next up is Deportivo La Coruna ... tuff.

9. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    http://www.peru.com/futbol/AutoNoticias/DetalleNoticia64344.asp

"Chochera" Castillo fue despedido del FAS

(FUTBOLPERUANO.COM) El entrenador peruano Agustín Castillo fue despedido del cargo de entrenador del Club Deportivo FAS, institución con la cual logró varios campeonatos salvadoreños. La razón fue por haber criticado al presidente del club, Reynaldo Valle.

10. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Nice analysis,lol. I just watched the 1st half of that game, I'm surprised at how much camera time Mendoza got. He got alot of nice touches on the ball during the 1st. Wasnt sure he could hang with the rest of the OM front, but he was just doing fine. I'm DL'ing 2nd half now, so I'll see whats up with that goal he puts in. I guess the French already know who Mendoza was since his Brugges days. Hope he lasts long on OM, for Peru's sake :D

11. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Solano to move on?

Así lo informan la página web del Aston Villa, la columna de noticias de la BBC y la página Clubcall, donde se afirma que el Manchester City, Atlético de Madrid y Newcastle se habrían más que interesado por “Nobby”.

www.elbocon.com.pe

12. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
  13. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I would hope he goes to Atletico Madrid. Didnt he say he wanted to play in Espana.

Whats up with this pic
    [​IMG]

And finally WTF:

Pizarro y Guerrero no pudieron con el paraguayo en lucha por formar pareja con Makaay

Wasnt this Paraguayo gone?

14. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    I heard that. I like it. I hope he goes and rips up La Liga.

Give the Peruanos in Spain something to cheer about. They have it tough there do to the spanish blaming their entire sh!t economy on the immigrant Peruanos. Kinda like over here and the Mexican immigration.

15. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    jlsccrub.....WHY? :(

16. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Awww you know he has to always defend mexican immigration,lol

17. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    Oye!!! I know I'm an Alianza fan but damn man not even I would put another team on top of my beloved team from my country, what's with the Cruz Azul emblem?

18. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    WTF is up with that picture.... no wonder you guys didnt win saturday, most players got their minds in other things,

19. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    Someone should give him a chance in Peru, maybe return to Sullana but this time to coach the first team, I don't know why they waste their time with 'Chepe' Torres.

20. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Let's not be naive, they have a problem with immigration from ANY Latin American nation, not just Mexicans.

Which is why it's incredibly moronic for us to ridicule Mexican lawn mowers, dishwashers, etc. If Peru had the US as its northern neighbor we'd be in the exact same position... maybe even worse.

Imagine a bunch of palomillas from Barrios Altos running around Los Angeles?

21. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    I just heard that out of all latin american countries, Spain receives the biggest influx of immigrants from Peru.

22. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Well dont believe everything you here in THE EAST LA :D

23. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    I heard it when I was in Peru.

24. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Are you serious, so Spain complains to Peru about too many immigrants? Schitt, I had no idea they felt like this. Solanos chances are getting smaller getting over there then :D