Peru VS Ecuador 7 de Junio WCQ 2014

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, May 30, 2013.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    1) Rojas may have played well but he was in the wrong position. He is NOT a forward. He can do everything to get around defenders and into good positions, but he's not a finisher which is what we need up front.

2) Our attacking line is decimated. Chucho, Felipao and Yoya are the only 3 forwards we have that have done anything at this level. 2 of them are out and one is at 50% fitness.

3)Not sure what's going on with Castillo but he was beast against Chile and Venezuela.

4) Yes the goal was a result of Paredes and Guagua being nervous and losing comcentration. That was not a hard cross to stop. This highlights why our defenders need to gain experience abroad, even in Mexico, anywhere where they can develop as professionals and learn to play outside of their comfort zone.

5) We're wasting Valencia by playing him out wide like he does at Man Utd. He gets double-teamed and then he slows down the play. He needs to be more central. A lot of these guys like Sanchez for Chile and Farfan play different roles for their clubs, same should go for Valencia, we should use him where we need him.

6) Rueda should consider a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 next game with Caicedo up top and Ibarra and Montero on the wings. Valencia, Noboa and Castillo in the middle, and same defense except Achilier instead of Guagua. I don't think you can start inexperienced guys like De Jesus or Anangono into a game like this and expect anything. As far as Rojas, I like him but we have better wingers and he's not a forward, so he gets left out of my lineup.

7) The #10 ranking has been a curse so far. I rather have opponents underestimate us. We're better as the underdogs and not with the pressure of being "favorites". Plus I honestly don't think we're Top 10.

2. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We're getting killed in the right because of parades sloppy play and they' re having a field day against our wack ass defense with guaguas or achillier's stupid mistakes.we're going to have to take our chances with quinones,Castillo is not contributing enough.peru figured out how to stop our attacks ,contain montero,chucho and Valencia and that was enough,we really needed felipao to bulldoze his way thru their defense to have a better chance to score.is time to make room for renato ,he's good with the ball and creates plays.we also need someone else to cover the right flank because paredes is looking very sloppy.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i think they need 1 more point. or maybe they're already in, im not too sure. some people say we need 4 points (for a repechaje at least), but I feel like we need 6-7 pts to make it in directly. 7 to be 100% positive. And the only way we can get those 7 are beating argentina tuesday, winning in la paz, and AT LEAST getting a tie vs. uruguay at home which is a lot to ask for in that game. Against Colombia it ain't gonna happen and vs. Chile, i doubt it could happen. we have 3 games left where we can get points, i wouldn't count on the other two.

4. Ecuador4life

Ecuador4life Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Sunnyvale,CA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dominguez 7 - good saves, needs to direct traffic a little better when crossesmare coming. a bit to hesitant
    Gaugua 2 - nervous, was out of position, looked very uncomfortable and overall bad game.
    Erazo - 5 lack of confidence, clumsy positioning, below avg performance
    Parades 6 - good runs up the wings, needs to have better decision making. Played ok on D
    Ayovi 6 - better offensively, most attacks came from the othe side or the mifpddle so wasn't as tested as much, please stop taking the set pieces everytime.
    Noboa 5- wasteful with the ball, not many good passes to link up play, you have to expect more from this position and even more from this position.
    Castillo 6 - positioned ok defensively, out muscled opponents, not much offensively.
    Montero 7- indefensible, great first and 2 nd moves even some nice shots and crosses. Needs to work better to link up with teammates. A little to much individual play. Second half seemed a little lack luster.
    Valencia 6 - ok wing play really didn't demonstrate anything special. Liked him as a right fullback. I felt the D was more solid just by his presence alone when he moved back.
    Chucho 5 - was he there? Seemed like a lot of energy early then disappeared he needs a lot of touches to get his game going.
    Rojas 5 - demonstrated some amazing speed and skills. Out of place on a number occasions. Lack of finishing ability.
    Sub Ibarra 7 - full of energy, speed and pace..,would like to see more.
    Sub Felipe 4 brought nothing to the game.out of form and still injured should of not been brought in. Although he is essential to the long term success of this team.
    Sub De Jesus - to late of a call up really didn't add much.

Coach Rueda 2.5 he didn't help this team much, possibly made it harder for the team to pull out a victory. Rojas out of position. He is not a striker. Guagua call up and inserting to the starting line up? wtf? Caicedo insertion. Had zero impact, he was not ready physically. Subs were also late. Only good tactical move was to move Valencia back at the end. Also I like that the team is loose before the games. Let them sing dance that is awesome. However, the coach needs to make sure he gets his team prepared from minute 1 to 90. He has not. Oh and still embarrassed about the Germany game... Ugh...

Overall disappointing game, results,

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree with this 100%! Couldn't have said it better. We need to go with 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 against Argentina. We need the extra quick mid field to counter them. They are too quick for Castillo and Naboa alone. Then around the 65th minute to sub in Colon for a spark at top. Also sub in De Jesus for Felipao if he can't play full on. That would give us a great boost in the offense when Argentina is really tired.

6. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Is anyone else superpissed at how many early goal they score on us? Venezuela, Chile, Paraguay, Alemania now Peru? how hard is it to start the game focused, I remember Draskovic always saying the first 15 minutes are VITAL.
    Why is Ayovi taking all our free kicks, we have got to be the least threatning team in free kicks I swear.

7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Yes this is the biggest problem we have right now.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Out of all those goals I think the ones vs. Chile, Paraguay and even Germany can't related entirely to the others, but in some way they do. The goal vs. Chile was JC Paredes scoring an own goal, so i'd discard that. Remember Paredes isn't a natural right back, so when it came to clearing ball or attempting to do so, he screwed up big time. That's something he needs to work on. The goal Paraguay scored was a lucky rebound more than lack of concentration. Paraguay over crowded our box and clearing the ball became difficult to the point that a rebound fell luckily into their hands, they shot, and a goal was made. Vs. Germany, we already know the story-let's just say the NT went to Miami as a vacation more than to focus on the game vs. Germany, if they even did at all.

But, the games vs. Venezuela and Peru are actually a great example about what you're talking about. Both teams gave us a wake up call early in the game and both games made it seem like we were either nervous or not concentrated. We gave too much space for Arango to shoot in the game vs. Venezuela and Castillo wasn't covering well from what i can recall. And vs. Peru, we all saw what happened. Paredes and Guagua f*cked up, and once the center got through Paredes, Guagua caused the ball to bounce awkwardly when he attempted to clear, it was really difficult for Erazo to block Pizarros shots because it was elevated over him. the MAIN screw up after the ball was crossed was Guagua's FAIL at clearing the ball, he caused the ball to have the weird bounce and got the entire defense confused. So while we may blame our entire team for not being concentrated, it think the major fault lies on Guagua and Paredes. What followed after their f*ck ups was hard if not impossible to defend against for both Erazo and Dominguez.

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Either way, 5 games in a row is no longer a coincidence. It's a problem related to the team's mental preparation. I don't want to see any more dancing videos, I don't want to read anymore tweets or Facebook messages. 5 games to go, I want to see an "all business" attitude from here on.

10. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Manolo b9d23m89 Either way, this isnt something new, Vizuetes era we had the late goals problem, The loss to Argentina didnt the first goal come at like the 5th minute, theres seriously a concentration problem, I dont know how much we can blame Rueda for this.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think this headline explains exactly what we all agree with

http://www.teradeportes.com/futbol/...a-hay-exceso-de-confianza-eso-nos-ha-generado

"hay exceso de confianza"

I'd agree that the top 10 position probably got to their heads. But thank God the game against Peru was a reality check. On a positive note, i also know that when we get "checked", we always come back strong and focused. So hopefully this NT doesn't prove me wrong, but I think that loss has a positive side to it. Now, can they handle the pressure of having to win?

as far as the game goes, it seems like Argentina is going to play a 5-3-2 formation which is unusual. So it seems like they're coming to defend and counter attack when given the opportunity. Last time Bolivia came to Quito and crowded their defense it was a huge problem. And from what I recall it was really tough for our strikers and especially our wingers to get through. In these type of games you need a player with great vision and creativeness to play in the middle- Alex Colon comes to mind. If Caicedo starts tomorrow, we'll have him coming down the field to get in touch with the ball and start something from the middle up. And if that's the case, I'd go for either Anangono or Marlon and not Rojas as a partner w/ Felipe. I just thought about it and Rojas would probably get squashed if Argentina plays defensively tomorrow and forms a blockade. If Felipe doesn't play we are screwed.

line up with Felipe:
    Dominguez; Paredes, Achilier, Erazo, Ayovi; Valencia, Noboa, Castillo, Montero; Caicedo, Anangono (De Jesus)

w/o Felipe:
    Dominguez; Paredes, Achilier, Erazo, Ayovi; Valencia, Noboa, Castillo, Montero; Colon; Anangono (De Jesus)

12. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Please,you believe that bs,Peru simply outplayed us in 15 min,the rest of the time they pulled back and were able to hold on ,that's all.plus ruedas calling up players who don't deserve to be in nt anangono?should have called up Mina instead.the most important reason is that our defense is sucking ass big time.if our defense comes out all erratic,watch out ,the Argentinians will be having a field day.all they need is an early goal and that'll will force us to attack and we all know how that turned out last game,felipao playing hurt,chucho out,who do we attack with dejesus,rojas,? really hope renato plays ,we may have a chance with this kid.my nails are going to be extra short tomorrow.