Peru VS Ecuador 7 de Junio WCQ 2014

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, May 30, 2013.

1. rabustam04

rabustam04 Member

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    guagua is been good in the air... paredes allows the ball to coming in the 1st goal.. he backed up... and then ayovi and erazo made a mess out of the clearance... castillo is not playing well.. i will also switch the wings... i think montero would have more chances on the right side..

2. rabustam04

rabustam04 Member

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chucho is out for the next game.... guy is so dumb... I believe one of the yellows was for taking his shirt out against paraguay

3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    God we are so shit.

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Castillo is slow as a freaking turtle! He isn't doing ANYTHING in the mid!

5. rabustam04

rabustam04 Member

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Our coach sucks.. his tactics killed us.... had no clue what he was doing...

6. rabustam04

rabustam04 Member

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    game against argentina is a must win!! if we dont we can drop to 4th.... and if venezuela wins it will be a 1 point difference...

7. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ok, lets be realistic here, it was an even match, they scored, we didnt. now what bothers me is that we should have scored lets point out all the wrong things we saw today.
    1) And Most important, RUEDA SCREWED UP, 14 millions of ppl knew Guagua was a bad idea, he's slow, clumsy, terrible passer and decent header. to call him up was one thing, to play him? this is on Rueda big time.
    2)Paredez showed what hes been showing in BSC which is mediocre playing, guy let all kinds of crosses come through, always kinda late and sometimes looks lost in transition.
    3)Valencia, guy's lost his edge, I mean his signature move now is, get the ball run 3 meters, stop, Look for Paredez, give Paredez the ball. thing is idk what Ruedas intentions with Valencia were today.
    4)Montero....PASS THE FKNG BALL.
    5)Rojas....again Rueda!!! not a forward, guy spent half the time offside or subconsciously going to the right wing.

Now we find ourselves in a familiar position, we have to beat Argentina, lucky for us our best player is back, Olimpico Atahualpa.
    Finally, props to Peru, they won.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'll start off with saying, we deserved more. A tie was a fair result in this match. Although Erazo, Paredes, Montero, and Benitez didn't have good games, i'd say the worst player in today's game was Rueda. HUGE screw ups on his part. And let's begin with:

1. Guagua- I think it's clear as day that he is garbage. He shouldn't be on the NT and if it weren't for Jairo Campos and Morante's absences from our roster, he wouldn't be there. I think Rueda's plan to "save Achilier from a yellow" to have him against Argentina was really stupid. I feel like Erazo got insecure knowing that Guagua was playing by his side because IMO this was Erazo's worst game...and who was he paired up with? Yours truly, Jorge Guagua. Coincidence? I don't think so. OH! and that miss he had in front of Fernandez!!! that was the freakin 1-1. The clearest opportunity we had and he missed it!! F U Guagua!

2. Montero- he was guarded like CRAZY! Couldn't connect well with Walter Ayovi and seemed lonely on the wing. His one and ones were not successful b/c every single time he attempted to get by, 3 people were guarding him. Lost the ball too many times and DID NOT deserve to stay on the field as long as he did. I think Felipe Caicedo should have came in for Montero and Rojas had to move to the left wing. THATS where Rueda failed miserably. That IMO stopped us from achieving the tie which could have been possible if Rojas had stayed on the field and connected with Felipao.

3. Valencia as a center mid. BAD IDEA! His first half was crap and his second half was good. Well, at least better than what he did in the 1st. I think Rueda screwed up by not moving Antonio back to the wing.

4. Chucho- Bad game. he seemed like he was covered by the entire peruvian defense whenever Rojas or anyone would center the ball to him. He was lonely up front in the first half, and when Caicedo came in the second half that didn't help at all because Rueda had taken out Rojas, IMO the best player we had against peru, and spaces and opportunities weren't being created. He got himself a yellow and now he's missing the game vs. Argentina. Horrible Chucho, just horrible!

I had a bad feeling about this game once we got scored on. Scoring in this game was going to be hard b/c Felipe wasn't going to start and he's not at a 100% and Rojas and Benitez lack a strong physical presence in the box to compliment each other.

I'm really worried against Argentina. If we don't win that game, it could possibly be game over for us. It's a win or win. We have no choice. The must win games we have left are vs. Argentina tuesday and then in La Paz vs. Bolivia. Defeating Uruguay at home is a difficult task for us almost always and getting points in Colombia isn't going to happen- let's be real. And finally getting points in Santiago isn't easy either. Last time we did it was 8 years ago and it wasn't against a strong Chile side. Today's 3 points were vital, i said it earlier. THESE two games specifically are the ones where we GOT to get points. 4 at minimum, and unfortunately we aren't going to meet that goal this time. Things just got tough..

9. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What a disappointing game, I honestly thought that we could get more out of it, I really wish we could have at least got a tie, things just got really difficult... I'm kind of scared to say that we might be a step outside of Brazil 2014 now if we don't win vs Argentina on Tuesday and tie or beat Bolivia.

10. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Peru was very lucky on many chances where Raul Fernandez blocked the shots from point blank range, I think this game should have ended differently , what a massive disappointment, I wanted to teach those Peruvians assholes from their press a lesson in underestimating us as well as many of their racist fans. It's like God isn't there to do us justice when we need Him. On another note Chile is very lucky to bounce back like they have recently from what seemed like a terrible slump, if only we could put the garra that they put who knows where we could be. At this point I see Chile qualifying ahead of us if we continue the way we have recently, it almost makes me want to cry.....cmon be a man....

11. rabustam04

rabustam04 Member

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Valencia played as a center mid? What game were u watching?

12. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I do think Ecuador deserved a point but have to admit I was surprised with Peru's play. With that said I think the racist irresponsible behavior by their press and fans should be reported to Fifa.

Now I have to say something about the players and their Napoleon complex -those videos of them dancing, I don't see the purpose it's just showing arrogance and it's unwarranted. I recently saw a commercial where the Ecuadorians are talking in fake Portuguese. This seems a bit pretentious behavior. I think all this other bs like trying to prove they are a family of friends and that they are friends having fun it's all mind games and unnecasary. The best way to succeed is to focus on the things that matter, focus on the present only and not let your mind wander and think about these external things like what might happen what people think of me etc. Why put all that pressure on yourself and set yourself and complicate things? The players need to just train their asses off and have their minds on LOCKDOWN before games not think about making videos or make tweets, posting pictures to the Myspace.. Just train and focus on that when the game comes focus on your play and do the best you can. All that other bs just adds unnecarry pressure before a game. Their minds have been thinking about everything but what the task at hand is -> TO PLAY FUTBOL, it's that simple and yeah it's just a game I'm not saying they can't have fun but do it other times when it's appropiate.... Now please don't hate I am half Ecuadorian and support those players who play with heart it's just sometimes we need tough love :))

13. AL#7

AL#7 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Don't get held up on the racist stupidity from some fans. These kind of 'fans' exist in all places, in Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, Colombia, etc (http://trome.pe/deportes/1586897/noticia-fotos-ecuatorianos-nos-vacilan-nos-llaman-gallinas / http://trome.pe/deportes/1586995/noticia-fotos-ecuatorianos-responden-memes-peruanos).

The Peruvian press are very cheap. They are not the reflection of most Peruvian people. Good luck on the rest of the matches. From the outside, it looks like you guys are panicking but it seems to me that you will at the very least qualify as fourth due to the difference in points. Its more likely than not to happen.

14. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Just want to say:

Vs. Argentina. Dominguez, Paredes, Achiller, Erazo, Ayovi, Quinones, Noboa, Valencia, Montero, Caicedo and Ibarra

15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I am seriously so mad at this game. I can't believe the dumb lineup and the SLOW start (ONCE AGAIN!). Like I have being saying... WTF is Guagua and Castillo STARTING!!! Castillo didn't add ANYTHING to the mid. Naboa was doing all the work from recovering the ball to passing (HE WAS THE ONLY ONE DOING ANYTHING IN THE MID!). Not once did I see Castillo do anything productive to the attack OR defend. Seriously, Naboa needs a much better partner. We are getting killed in the mid AND in the right flank!

Paredes made hella mistakes this game but he did save some counter attacks with his speed. The worse player was Guagua. He is so slowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!! He gets turned around by the FW like nothing! We are seriously lucky to come out with one goal against us. I saw so many f***k ups from Guagua that I am surprised we were only down by one goal. He seriously shouldn't even be on the team anymore! WE NEED CAMPOS BACK ASAP!!!! Erazo has to do SO MUCH freaking work because of Guagua and Paredes messing up so much!

At front we really missed Caicedo. Benitez cannot do all of it by himself. Rojas is NOT an answer at the front when Caicedo or Benitez are out, even though it seemed like he had a good game. Benitez had so many players on him once he had the ball it was crazy. If we had a better FW, he would have made them pay for all that attention Chucho got.

Montero was also all alone at the left too. He had NO ONE in the middle! Like I said before... Naboa was all alone in the mid so he couldn't do much. He got surrounded just like Benitez did throughout the whole game. And since he doesn't get ANY help from the middle, he pretty much has to take on 3 people at once.

Valencia not his best game at all but he got NO help from the middle either.

We pretty much played with 9-10 players... Castillo and Guagua were missing in the game. Right now Argentina must be foaming at their mouths thinking about playing us right now. We have ONE middle, One Center Back, and NO RB. We are seriously in trouble!

I agree with this line up. This is the best we really have for the next game. I would try out Colon. For God sakes maybe he can do something in the middle to help out because Naboa cannot do it all by himself.

16. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What are you guys complaining about? the important goals is qualifying. I would have loved to see most of you guys watching Ecuador in the 80's and 90's, Mass suicides. lol

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How many times did you see Valencia on the wing? the only times I would see him there was when he'd help JC Paredes make an advance. He was in the middle a good 60% of the time! What game were you watching? I didn't know wingers stay positioned in the center of the field that long. He was farther from the sideline than he usually is. Valencia played more freely yesterday than he has the entire qualifier. Definitely can't label him as a winger in yesterdays game.

I'm sure the people from Radio La Red and Radio Deportiva aren't blind idiots, before the game they said that Valencia would play a more central role against Peru, and that was the case yesterday.

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Colon is good but if we pair him up with Noboa he'll feel out of position. Colon does little to no recovery in Deportivo Quito b/c he's used to having 2 players behind recovering the ball. Offensively, he has a lot to offer but I think vs. Argentina it might not be such a good idea to try him out. I'd leave that for a friendly match or possibly as a sub. The main objective is to bring back Achilier to the line up in get Guagua out of there. The second concern is who is going to play up front with Felipe- who isn't in top shape right now? Benitez f*cked it up big time for us! His dumb fouls and yellows are really hard to forgive. Straight stupid if you ask me.

the two real options up front to play with Felipao are Joao, Marlon and Anangono. If Joao plays like he did against Peru, i'd go with him. He was the best on the field yesterday. He's fast, creates spaces, and will definitely be tough for the defense to cover.

If we go with Marlon, our physical presence in the box is better. He's fast and can play inside and outside the box. Of course we all know there's a huge worry everyone will have with Marlon up front b/c his finishing is God awful and most of us don't want to suffer from a heart attack on Tuesday and see our chances be terminated b/c of Marlon. But if he can assist Felipe and compliment with him well, I think it possibly could be productive. I just hope that if Marlon starts, the pressure doesn't eat him up. The ecuadorian press is hard on this kid and I'm sure just making it to the NT and hearing all the negative comments about himself aren't helping his confidence at all.

And finally the last option is Anangono. Doesn't offer what Rojas and Marlon can offer but he can also play as a #9 up front allowing Felipe to move down a bit and bring the ball up the field to him. The problem is that he sometimes tends to disappear. Physically we gain a good presence in the box, but again we've never seen Anangono play on the NT and it's hard to imagine what the outcome would be.

The toughest decision for Tuesday is finding Felipe's partner. As far as those of you who want Pedro Quinonez to play over Castillo, you might want to re-think that. Quinonez fouls a lot to the point where he gets reds, and Argentina is a team that will create many opportunities and situations for a player like Quinonez to foul them. More so than not if Messi is on the field.

19. Kr0nika R0ja

Kr0nika R0ja Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big Apple
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I would say after that disastrous "assist" by Guagua, he shouldn't be called up again. As mentioned before Castillo is just so damn slow, his physical presence is great but it just isn't do much. I would line up this:

------Dominguez------
    Ibarra--Achilier--Erazo--W Ayovi
    Valencia--Quinonez--Noboa--Montero/Rojas
    ---------------------Colon------------
    -------------Felipao/de Jesus----------

Ibarra was a great RB in the U-20 when we went through. Felipao isn't in the best shape but if so the de Jesus gets the go. In this Formation I see Colon contributing A LOT to the offense. Other than that a must win game, The group is getting tighter and we can't afford flops.

20. rabustam04

rabustam04 Member

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

You said "3. Valencia as a center mid. BAD IDEA! His first half was crap and his second half was good. Well, at least better than what he did in the 1st. I think Rueda screwed up by not moving Antonio back to the wing. "

Valencia was in the wing playing as a winger but he couldn't win because Vargas was dropping to help... He had to stay center cause it was a lost battle since Paredes doesn't know his left from his right!

21. FROADS

FROADS Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
  22. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As soon as Malo De Jesus went in, Ecuador was down to 10 Men instantly. LMAO. I hope Malo plays against Argentina but you never know how the second half will be.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lmao at you thinking you have the slightest chance at qualifying. we'll see who gets the last laugh. but you make yourself look ridiculous because Peru still only has 14 pts lol the jokes on your dumbass.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ibarra played one or two games in the U-20 as a right back and then Vizuete developed him into a Right wing. might work, but again, we should not take out Paredes. We are over reacting with Achiliers performance against Germany and now Paredes' performance against Peru. I think Rueda needs to keep it to how it always was before the game vs Peru. Making too many changes seems counterproductive this late in the Qualifier. All we can do is hope the pressure doesn't eat our guys up.

my line up vs Argentina:

Dominguez; Paredes, achilier, Erazo, ayovi; Valencia, Noboa, Castillo, Montero; Rojas (De Jesus), Caicedo

25. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Isn't Argentina mathematically qualified by now? Any math majors here?