Peru VS Ecuador 7 de Junio WCQ 2014

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, May 30, 2013.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A week away from the game, expect a desperate Peru, a hostile crowd, a lot of yellow cards both ways, we also have doubts, is Caicedo in shape to play this game, should Ibarra start and if yes where? Could Alex Colon be our ace in the hole? Last 16 years have given us 4 games in Lima for WCQ 2 ties 2 victories so its definitely its been a good field for us, I think Peru is a better team this team around but I know that so are we, I trust Rueda did his homework and analyzed Peru's strenghts and weaknesses. Discuss line ups, concerns, predictions.

2. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Entonces Perú podria jugar de la siguiente manera:
    Raúl Fernández irá al arco; Luis Advíncula, Carlos Zambrano, “Mudo” Rodríguez y Yoshimar Yotún conformarán la defensa, Rinaldo Cruzado, “Cachito” Ramírez, Juan Manuel Vargas, Jefferson Farfán; Claudio Pizarro, Paolo Guerrero.
    Fuente: El Líbero

3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think the team that starts is going to basically be the same one that faced Germany. I would be surprised if Rueda replaces Achilier and Castillo in the starting lineup, although I suppose it could happen. I hope to God that Caicedo can be as close to 100% as possible because in the event he doesn’t recover in time, the goal scoring machine that is Marlon De Jesus might start in his place.

4. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If thats the case, Peru will have a world class defender wearing a yellow jersey, I seen De Jesus manage to screw up that a child could have scored

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Listening to Ruedas press conference, it seems hes gonna go with something like this
    -----------------------------Dominguez/Banguera-----------------------------------------
    --Hormiga----------------Achi--------------------Erazo------------------------Walter---
    -------------------------Castillo----------------------Noboa---------------------------------
    -------------------------------------Valencia----------------------------------------------------
    -Renato Ibarra-----------------------------------------------------------------------Jeff-------
    ----------------------------------------Chucho---------------------------------------------------
    He might find some room for Saritama in this, also If Caicedo is ready, I'm sure we'll go with our classic 4-4-2

6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    We've had more difficult away games against Uruguay and Venezuela and we have done well. In a way, the Germany game was a good wake-up call, because I think we were getting a little bit overconfident due to recent results and the Top 10 ranking. Our guys will come out focused and I feel that overall we are the stronger team.

7. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope I'm wrong but it looks like this game won't be transmitted live in the US =/

BeIN Sport is showing Jamaica-USA at 8:30
    BeIN Sport Espanol is showing Costa Rica-Honduras at 9:00

Ecuador-Peru is at 9:10. There will be a delayed broadcast at 11:00.

8. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dude you right, fml

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  10. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    jaja I like when they start to talk ishnit,it seems like deja vu all over again(to quote yogi berra)this has happenned the last 4 qualifiers,the peruvians inflate their team to ridiculous heights only to crash hard to their reality.the day their press and fans stop wearing their nationalist shirt will probably be the time that they have a chance,like it or not we have their number and its up to them to change the story ,not us, we will be going into lima to get our 3 or 1 point simple as that.pressure is on them.anybody in ny area going to a bar thats showing the game, i want to go to the queens area to see this game.let me know if any panas have a good bar,not too rowdy.

11. Kr0nika R0ja

Kr0nika R0ja Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big Apple
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LOL. He looks like just came out of jail in that pic xD.

Besides that Kinda sucks BeIN isn't gonna show the game, though I do believe Ecuador is behind 1 hour currently to the US, meaning IF the games starts 9:10PM Ecua time, it will be at 10:10 at the states. So I guess I'll have to catch the 1st half streaming and the 2nd on beIN -_-'

12. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I've always said, we do A LOT better when we are understimated,

13. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is game is going to be killer. Anything but three points demolishes Peru's chances of qualifying so we can expect them to come at us hard. Like cabezamagica said the pressure is on them. If things aren't going their way, their play will border on reckless and they will start to get desperate, we'll just have to ready and focused to capitalize on the open spaces that undoubtedly arise.

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol yes. Ahahaha

15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sad to hear that the game won't be televised in USA on beIN sports. Who cares about the game they are going to show -__-

Anyways my biggest worry about this games is the yellow cards. Many of our players might miss the Argentina game. Ugh.

16. TrickyCoonVic

TrickyCoonVic Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Hey guys! Just wanted to say whats up and let's hope for a great game on Friday, Don't listen to the newspapers in Peru, they are utter garbage and just spew nonsense out of their a$$es. The guys in the Peru forum are well aware of what we're working with and that it will be a difficult game for us against your well-disciplined team. ¡Saludos!

17. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Specially when the same game is airinf on espn2 at same time fml

18. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Thanks! Every country has nasty newspapers that say what ever to sell. One of my best friends is Peruvian. It's going to be a great game!

19. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    in the webs for nevadas smith,and legends in nyc i see that ecuador is on at 10:10 live.the only draw back is that sometimes they dont put the sound on because other concacaf games have priority.If someone knows of a cool bar in queens thats has the game live, let me know.this is one of the games where you want to hear all the hdp's ,xuxas,etc that everyone has to offer.:thumbsup:

b9d23m89 repped this.
  20. FROADS

FROADS Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Historically, you are our children monos. In footballing terms and cultural identity wise. Don't disrespect thy father beacuse we shall layeth a smack upon your bottom.

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hahahaha if i lived up there i'd be going Tano Pasman at the bar during a Qualifier match

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ^ LMAO this clown. What position is Peru in Qualifers? Remind me please. When was the last time you were in a World Cup? When was the last time Peru defeated Ecuador in Lima, or at all for that matter? I mean im not being a douche bag, i'm just curious

23. FROADS

FROADS Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    When was the last time Ecuador won a Copa America? Why is water wet, Why is the sky blue?

Just enjoy your game with our traditional meals.

24. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    dont feed the troll please,these are the kind of delusional fans that come down hard once the game is over,usually takes them about 5 months to recover,remember the whip ass 5-1 we sent them with last time.dont tempt your father little troll,the last time you guys beat us tv was still black and white.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah the meals your b*tches will be making for us. might as well practice making some good "traditional meals" por que de futbol no saben nada. You should come back and comment here when Peru attends a World Cup or when Alianza Lima wins an international cup aka. never.