Peru vs Colombia Copa America 2021 Third Place Match: (July 9ty)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by HomietheClown, Jul 7, 2021.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    We have all had this conversation before. Most managers go with guys they know very well and trust within their tatctics. Chara, Perea and Murillo all fit the bill.

We must also keep in mind that we really do not know how things look behind the scenes in training. All the young kids could have looked like garbage or slow to pick up things for all we know. It is all speculation on my behalf but it is not far fetched.

It is not a head scratchier to me knowing how he trusts those players and how he barely knows most of the younger guys.

I get it, people view it differently and think that he should have used this time to integrate a lot of new faces and new blood but I can see why he would stick with much of the old vets and people he already knows.

Furnaccio repped this.
  2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He had a month with these people…

between qualifiers and copa america

he also had 28 open roles for copa america.

didn’t most coaches in the past Bring more players then start dropping them?

he did a big scramble at the end for players. I mean part can be the Colombian league being idiotic and still playing during qualifiers. But if he wanted Fuentes junior would have had to give him. Same with the Tolima/Millos guys

3. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    month isn't anything.

if you take a bunch of people you need more time to get to know them, it was easier for him to spend the time telling them how he wanted them to play instead of having to learn who these guys are and on top of that teach them his ways