Personnel Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by FIXXXER, Feb 22, 2004.

1. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    I've heard some rumors about a few players and was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny any of them.

1. Jacob LaBlanc has quit the team

2. Edgar Bartolomeu is no longer a Metrostar (unsure of reason)

3. Johnny David has been cut

Anyone heard anything?

2. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Edgar!! Why would they do this? I thought he was one of our best players last year!

3. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was certainly useful, but I wouldn't call him one of our best. I'm disappointed to see him go, but if the replacement is an upgrade at the spot (not entirely unlikely), then so be it.

I'm shocked that LeBlanc was waived. He's Pro-40 for God's sake; they don't just grow on trees. Something serious had to have happened, be it personality/ drugs/ I can't even imagine what. I'd love to get the real story on that one, but somehow doubt we'll ever see it. Does anyone know if he's retired, or is it just that the Metros don't want him anymore?

Shame about Stammler, though it looks like Karma has paid back KC in spades on that account. Nice to hear about Parke playing well. If he really is the next Jim Curtin, that will be one of the all-time draft day steals by Bob and Co. As for David, I always figured he'd be a developmental player rather than a rostered regular. Even if he isn't up to par I'd like to see him given an extra-long look given his local ties.

Does anyone have the complete list of guys who went to Spain for the Mange?

4. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
  5. Metroman12

Metroman12 New Member

Feb 5, 1999
    Baltimore
    I forget where I just read it but I remember reading that LeBlanc had "quit" the team. I don't know if that just means he decided pro-soccer wasn't for him.

6. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    It's a shame about Stammler, but he will be back. Personally, I think God made a typo.

DC breaks legs, KC doesn't.

As for Edgar, he was a useful player and a good bench guy, spot starter. He wasn't making a lot of money, and it would have been nice to keep him. However, as an SI, he just isn't worth the spot. We can't have Edgar, Guevara and Bonseu, because that means that we can't sign a foreigner at forward/right mid. So, it was always going to be the case with him this off season that if he got a green card he would likely have stayed, if he didn't he would not. I'm kind of surprised they didn't trade him, though, he'd likely cause the same SI problems on other teams as well. I liked him, I wish we could have kept him, but we needed other people more.

Le Blanc never impressed me all that much. He wasn't terrible, but didn't appear ready for 90 minutes of MLS. He got a couple of starts early last year, played a good half here, a decent half there, but looked every bit a rookie. Gaven, at 17, showed a lot more. Why keep a guy 4 years older who is not as good? Either he left, or Bob decided he wasn't going to amount to very much and they parted ways. I don't know that it even would have been worth it to keep him, P40 or not. Give the practice field time to minor Bradley or something.

7. g wiz

g wiz New Member

Jan 7, 2004
    NJ
    I'm trying to stay optimistic about the upcoming season. Although I don't think the team has improved a lick since they came crashing down after the All Star break last year. But I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for good results in Spain.

8. jkl;

jkl; New Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Too bad for Edgar. What will he do now, especially as he was looking for a chance at the Canadian national team?

9. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    Canada's A-League clubs provide a reasonable paycheck and a stage for the Canadian national team. Maybe he'll end up with Vancouver.

10. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Canada will play 6 or 7 games from April to Octuber, maybe more, and he is a SI, so, is to much time out for a SI, better look for another one

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    if we don't sign three of 4 quality players we are going to have one of the worse seasons

His Bradley son and Arena Jr. still on the team?

are they impressive enough?

will be some boo's at the Metrostars if we don't have a winning season

my prediction last

12. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    Actually, according to the scrimmage reports little Bradley has been impressive and only 16 yrs. of age. Ane also we have done well in preseason regarding the fact that we have played with no-name line-ups against teams with full strength line-ups. I wouldnt be too quick to make any judgements on how our season will look.

13. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    Little Bradley is impressive. He's not starter potential or anything like that, but I believe he is project 40 so hes not hurtin nobody.

14. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.metrofanatic.com

According to metrofanatic.com, Richie Williams has signed with the Richmond Kickers of the A-league. It is on the main part of the site, under Metro Updates. No article, just a brief mention.

15. Return Of W.Tymczyna

Jan 5, 2000
    Fort Lauderdale
    I got no problem if little Bradley deserves a roster spot on our team, especially if he's P-40.

I'm rooting for the kid b/c if he plays well, a father/son relationship on a pro team can be good enough to attract the media spotlight.

Eski to the Metros now I hear? His dad will be happy if his kid plays for Bradley...

16. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
  17. tmas

tmas Member

Dec 30, 2002
    How is that Esky trade going?