Perry Kitchen - Off to Europe?

Discussion in 'Alumni Forum' started by greekchampion04, May 15, 2015.

1. Marco10

Marco10 Member+

Sep 9, 2002
    Worst mod ever.

:)

sitruc repped this.
  2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.socceramerica.com/article/68881/perry-kitchen-finds-a-new-niche-in-scotland.html

“The fans are really incredible. They make you want to play in front of them. Their support is huge. It’s been a great experience so far. I’m still learning the league and getting settled in, but from the 10 games that I’ve been in, it’s been a pleasure.”
    On the field, he’s not been troubled by adjusting to a new league along with a new culture. The style of play, he says, is similar to MLS and the Hearts manager, Robbie Neilson, encourages fluid play. With Kitchen a fixture in the starting lineup during final one-quarter of the season (38 games), Hearts finished third and claimed a place in the Europa League qualifying rounds.
    “It’s similar to MLS in terms of the fast pace and tackles in midfield as well,” he says. “It’s been positive so far. I wouldn’t say it’s faster. It depends. When the summer months come in MLS it’s hard to keep the pace high, whereas in Scotland it’s always pretty mild. You can keep the game going 100 miles per hour. There’s different variables.
    “Robbie wants us to play good football, to keep the ball and move it, play good combinations and good sequences. But there’s obviously times you have to read the game; if a team is pressuring the ball, you have to relieve some pressure, put a ball into the channel and let our forward run onto it. The main philosophy is to play good soccer and score good goals.
    “It’s a new experience, a chance to grow and continue my career.”

Oveki8 repped this.
  3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://sbisoccer.com/2016/05/perry-kitchens-patience-rewarded-with-right-fit-at-hearts

“It’s definitely not easy kind of being in limbo, not sure where you’re going to be or how things are going to play out,” Kitchen told SBI. “But at the same time you have to stay calm and you have to keep the faith that something right is going to happen. It dragged on a little bit longer than I thought, but Hearts came up and it all kind of fell into place.”
    Kitchen, 24, quickly made up for the lost time. He signed with Hearts on March 9 and settled into his new surroundings almost immediately, making his debut as a substitute a mere three days after coming to terms with the Scottish Premier League side and starting in each of the nine matches that followed.
    Hearts went 3-4-3 in the 10 games Kitchen played in to close out the campaign, but still managed to finish in third place behind traditional powerhouse Celtic and Aberdeen. The run of games was a taste test of what Scottish soccer is about for Kitchen, and he found it to be demanding but also familiar to what he was used to.
    “I think it’s similar to MLS,” said Kitchen. “The game is very fast. It’s 100 miles per hour a lot of the times. There’s pressure so you’ve got to make sure you’re moving the ball quickly. It’s definitely that physical game as well. Similar to MLS, guys get into challenges.”

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US international Perry Kitchen is in the Hearts squad to face FC Infonet Tallinn in their Europa League opener tomorrow.

Winoman repped this.
  5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The second round of Europa League qualifying began on Thursday night, with Hearts midfielder Perry Kitchen pulled due to a hamstring injury during the first half of a very muggy, scoreless draw away to Maltese side Birkirkara.

Winoman repped this.
  6. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wait, are you trying to tell me other teams besides United have hamstring issues? ;)

Damn, all the hype about getting to play in that tourney and he doesn't make it thru an entire half, poor guy.

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well now Mr. Barstard...in order to make it into the 2nd round it means that he must have been the victor in their 1st round of games against the huge soccer power FC Infonet Tallinn, so we must take one thing at a time!!! I would also like to know if the nickname for the Maltese team is the "Falcons"? Hey I had to ask...

Winoman and fatbastard repped this.
  8. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    duh, yes it so clearly says second round .... duh, indeed :)

9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  11. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
  12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
  14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    brief interview:

Winoman repped this.
  15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did we get for his rights? What the League usually makes sure we get when the Galaxy are involved (which is to say, nothing)?

17. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $300k funny munny - $200k of one kind, $100k of the other kind

18. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000