Perry Kitchen: Horsing around at Randers FC

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by jond, May 13, 2015.

1. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the last year of his contract and Grant Wahl just said he's got interest from UCL clubs in Denmark and Belgium, and Bund interest too.

Tom Collingsworth and Hararea repped this.
  2. areathrasher

areathrasher Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I wonder if the Danish team is FC Midtjylland. They have an American guy running their analytics dept.

3. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4 jond, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    Since I can't edit my OP:

According to his agent, D.C. United defensive handyman Perry Kitchen is currently receiving transfer interest from Belgium, Denmark and Germany.

Kitchen’s rep, Lyle Yorks, told SI.com that the 23-year-old was getting calls from a top-two side in both Belgium's Jupiler League and the Danish Superliga, as well as from multiple Bundesliga clubs.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...-drawing-interest-clubs-belgium-denmark-and-g

One of Brugge, Gent or Anderlecht, and one of Midtjylland or Copenhagen. Plus the Bund clubs. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Anderlecht is the Belgium club given the previous connection and I'd assume they have a decent relationship given Najar's transfer. Would be interesting to see those two reunite.

4. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    The actual SI piece says "teams in Germany" not Bundesliga.

And if they were Bundesliga, his agent would surely have said so.

Jazzy Altidore, taylor and Winoman repped this.
  5. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Copenhagen doesn't have much history with American-raised players. That would be a surprise.

6. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was Anderlecht interested in Kitchen before he was drafted? I vaguely remember some connection with them. Maybe it was just a trial?

EDIT: and I scroll up the page and there's my answer. :cool:

Gamecock14 repped this.
  7. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At his age, a 2-3 year contract with a top Belgian team would be a good step- laterial(ish) from a very good MLS side but enabling him to get established in Europe and get on a broader set of radars. He's clearly talented, just a question of where his ceiling is.

8. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty good news!

Gacm32 repped this.
  9. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not really that's only. If it's not a ucl club. Champions league experience is invaluable

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  10. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Anderlecht wanted him prior to MLS

EDIT: Someone beat me to it.

11. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Well hopefully the interest is coming from higher than the 3rd division.

12. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Chance

Chance Member+

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2012
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    679794564878721026 is not a valid tweet id

Denmark is only appealing to me if it's one of the perennial contenders so he'd be in Europe.

ussoccer97531, BostonRed and USAMEX10 repped this.
  14. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate when a Tweet just says Germany instead of bing specific and saying the 2.BL.

LouisianaViking07/09 and bigt8917 repped this.
  15. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    If the best interest he has is 2. Bundesliga, thats disappointing. He's already an above-average player in a league roughly as good as 2. Bundesliga, a step up would be Bundesliga football.

17. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Debatable tactically he'll most likely get better and get the pay day he deserves. As well as have better clubs be able to scout him better

18. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    Truth. If all else is equal (level, playing time, etc.), you follow the money. Plus, the added bonus IF it's 2.Liga is better positioning to move up to a better team/league if performance is good.

19. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure a 2.BL club is going to pay him more than 500k, though.

tomásbernal repped this.
  20. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the 2. BL club is, say, Rasenball Sport Leipzig, then it would be pretty sweet. They have a number of Austrian nationals, they're in all likelihood going to do the bouncy, and could contend for European places in the BL pretty darn quickly. Red Bull are very motivated, rich, and smart. That would be better than going to some untalented lower BL club like Hannover, Darmstadt, Augsburg, etc. whose manager would be uptight and they'd play a style that's heavily defensive and counter-attack oriented. Don't think it really suits him or that he would get opportunities to play. Freiburg would be a similar situation, but sadly he'd take chances away from Stanko. Nurnberg at worst.

Yeah, Germany is too vague, and 2. BL would even be too vague. I'm assuming they mean 2. BL too. I think I'd take that in general over Denmark, though, outside of Copenhagen and Midtjylland.

21. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    $500k or €500k?

22. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gross pay or net pay?

and the second division part reads to me like speculation from Goff. While I love Goff as a reporter, it's clear over the years he's no analyst. If he doesn't have a source I wouldn't put too much stock in Goff's appraisal of where Kitchen should go.

23. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    I have no clue. I'm just saying, if it comes down to who is paying more, I follow the money as a 23/24 year old player.

24. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just building on what you said to comoesa, my understanding is european salary figures are usually reported in net pay, rather than gross pay like here