Perfetto, the Return of Carletto! - Benvenuto Carlo Ancelotti

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 1, 2021.

1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Idk

I feel like Brazil needs a different kind of manager. Carlo would have been perfect for the great stacked Brazil teams

this team needs more of a tactician

boeder repped this.
  2. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I'm pretty sure he'll be the Selecão's coach in the summer

3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's worked with Richarlison, Vinicius and Rodrygo (+Neymar, Antony) so he probably has a good idea of what he can do with the attack and as long as he brings the joga bonito his job will be secure through the next world cup.

People forget how flexible and innovative Carlo has been in his career. Made Zidane from a CM to a LWF. Pirlo from a #10 to a deep lying playmaker. He has won the CL playing the 4-4-2, 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-3. Titles across Europe including Italy, England, France, Germany and Spain. Kaka and Shevchenko went form "talents" to Balon d' Or winners under his tutelage. Add Ronaldo and Benzema and 4 players have won it with him as their manager.

I think we will have another Del Bosque and Mou situation on our hands. Former coach Carlo goes and wins the World Cup and Copa America with Brazil while we watch Klopp fight with players, the front office and the fans through the press.

4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why are so people concerned if Klopp fights with the press? He can fight all he wants, who cares as long as players follow him and he implements his tactics. Its just a sideshow. From what I know he never had bad relations with players.

I'd love to see Klopp here, and it would be a shame if such a charismatic personality and master tactician is not given the opportunity because of PR stuff. If Ancelotti leaves, Klopp would be the most exciting replacement.

boeder repped this.
  5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I’d take Klopp for a few seasons

The fans here would be happy because he’d definitely get rid of the old guard since he needs runners

Anon. and Hendrix22 repped this.
  6. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    No thanks

Digital repped this.
  7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Expand

8. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    He’d run our players into the ground and we don’t have the type of players he likes.

Personally he’s not achieved much in the 8 years he’s spent at Liverpool winning the league and CL once while also bottling two finals.

He’d just be a disaster and his temper wouldn’t fit the club.

Lyra repped this.
  9. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I think Klopp would be a total disaster IMO. There is a huge difference in getting leeway at clubs like Liverpool/Dortmund to build up and get results.

Expectations at RM is win everything from the jump. He’d lose the battle with the Spanish press.

on a personal note, I just think he’s the wrong type of coach for a club like RM. The antics, press conferences and sideline nonsense never works here (excluding the first two season of PEAK Mou) - Carlo/Zidane types work better for the types of players we attract it seems.

10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I agree with the running into the ground

but he took a team that was going nowhere
    Made the cl finals 3 times and only losing to the best club in the world, and took the league from a stacked 2 billion dollar city

what he has done at Liverpool is simply amazing

Umar, robnycus and Anon. repped this.
  11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When he runs the team into the ground, his cycle will end and we will get a new manager. Its not like he will run them into the ground after two months.

Also the assumtion is that he will bring players that are energetic to replace the current static bunch. Which is the biggest problem imo, because its a huge assumption that Florentino would not simply tell him work with what you have, like he does to Carlo, while courting his own favorites every summer.

The relationship with the media shouldn't even be a criteria. If the club allows some pundit to affect recruitment strategy might as well not appoint a coach at all. Klopp-ball is the most entertaining brand out there.

boeder and hector_br repped this.
  12. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I'd take Klopp too. We don't have any divas around, he would be fine. We were always a fast-paced team. It's not like we enjoy passing the ball a thousand times.

He's very competent and probably would adapt his philosophy to get the best of our players.

There's no turning back. Football is mostly about athleticism these days.

I'd give hiring him a shot.

Halycon and Anon. repped this.
  13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not so sure about that, but if it's mostly about athleticism and very little to do with skill, i'm old my thought may be irrelevant in the big picture but that's when i stop watching, no interest in a bunch of headless chickens running full pelt hither thither and yon nonstop with little to no skill on show, that's where i'd count myself out, i know Liverpool fans loved it but i couldn't watch Henderson and Milner and all these runners just..... run, all game long

fierro repped this.
  14. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's what they were saying in the late 90's early 00's riding the R9 train and completely ignoring players like Zidane, Figo, Raul, Rivaldo, etc. Then came Messi, Barca and the Spanish teams circa 2010 and suddenly you needed neither size nor athleticism. The 2018 Croatia team and the 2022 Argentina teams certainly reinforced this.

And here we are full circle with people insisting a short time later that a new era has dawned and PL donkey show, park and counter, long ball tactics is THE ONLY WAY.

15. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Yeah, players like Isco and James are thriving in current football.

16. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Modric's been thriving for years, ditto Kroos. Isco had career to envy for some of these "athletes", if that's what we are calling Henderson and Milner.

James was easily one of the top 5-10 players in the world form 2014-2015, ironically enough it was injuries that ultimately put him on the sidelines and for players that rely on speed or athleticism an injury or "losing a step" make them useless .

Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I don't even know why you are talking about those players. I don't see Liverpool as an example of "athlete" players.

Argentina won the WC, thanks to lots of players doing dirty work for Messi. Trust me, Argentinian football is not going through its most technical period.

Endric is 16, and he is massive. Not tall, but he's extremely muscular for a kid. He's an athlete. Valverde is also fast and powerful; Carlo prefers using him on the wings to a true winger.

RM is focusing on this type of player, like most teams.

Modric is a phenomenon.

Kroos struggles a lot in certain games precisely because he's one of the last players of his kind.

Even in Brazil where the pace is not that energetic, players like Scarpa seem a tad too slow.

You just don't see many #10s out there anymore...

Haaland, Mbappe, and Vini all base their game on 90% physicality and 10% technique.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, but there's no turning back. Look at Hazard ffs. He's not fat, he's just not as athletic as the others and it shows.

Deep Pal and Seoul Villan repped this.
  18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well this is an interesting breakdown opinion, 90-10 out of literally nowhere, i imagine it's based on them being fast?, IMO for sure Kylian and Vin possess immense technique to go with their speed, i'm just going to go back to Gundogan, Debruyne, Odegaard, our own Ceballos, Jorginho, Thiago, Kimmich, DeJong and on and on, most of the players controlling the football in the biggest teams aren't mostly athletes with little technique, i may be alone but that idea just doesn't make sense to me, i think it's clearly more a combination of the two now, rather than a switch from one to the other, as for Carlo and using Fede on the wing rather than a true winger, well that's because we do not have a true RW.

19. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I mean, I can't watch a match from WC 94 anymore because the players are too slow.

Even 2002 games look strange.

It is a trend. I'm not even saying anything controversial. Technical players will still be there, but as the examples you used, they are more like QBs surrounded by fast wingers and strong midfielders.

20. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Man would I hate to see Klopp here.

21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, nothing controversial.

Who, at the highest level are all blessed with excellent technique, it's more of a combination, rather than just athletes, another fan here posted a little while ago that he didn't think much of Eder as a player but more of an athlete, then Eder dribbled about 3 players in a game including using some keepy uppy, and continued to hit accurate long raking passes to Vin from the back, not to mention bringing the ball out from the back at his feet, athletic yes but you cannot do those things at the highest level without technical ability, nowadays the players are fitter and faster yes, but technique is still equally important, that's all my point was.

22. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Why does Carlo skin some of his players in public?

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The press in Spain holds a lot of power, and there is a ton of bias involved, both in sports and in politics. You can see how comically pro Madrid the press in Madrid is (or basically what sells to Madrid fans, even if it's negativity) and how everything is geared towards Barca fans with the domestic papers there. People aren't even ashamed to display their bias.

Klopp's relationship with the press doesn't impact his performance but it impacts the quality of life and his experience at the club, which combined with his lack of patience around the topic would be a very explosive combination.

Carlo is simply too comfortable for trouble, it's not that he doesn't see it, he simply doesn't want to make an issue out of it.

So you're basically approaching this from the opposite direction. I don't think the press could influence the clubs choice. But I do think the press could influence Klopp' s choice, and should he join Madrid, his overall experience at the club.

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt Klopp will lose sleep over some journalist's words. Most of the time in press conferences he's trolling and having fun.

Relationship with the media is simply not a sufficient reason to deny ourselves the managing talent that Klopp is. But I have a feeling Florentino would use exactly this as an argument, while the real reason would be that Klopp would definitely demand a bunch of new signings (as he should).

25. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    He’s said what we’re all thinking anyway.

Deep Pal repped this.