Perfetto, the Return of Carletto! - Benvenuto Carlo Ancelotti

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane and Ancelotti are of the same school of grinding out victories through providing reinforcement and autonomy rather than tactical schemes. The biggest doubt about Ancelotti was whether he will use his squad's depth and for a while it looked like he will not, but he became more flexible recently. Perhaps this is one of the changes that Alaba refers to.

Deep Pal, ImadEdd and Lyra repped this.
  2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1027 robnycus, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 13, 2022
    I was referring to Zizou's last stint here. I know his first stint players were firing on all cylinders.
    One major difference I see is how they managed the subs. Look at Ceballos for example.. He got very few minutes under both but his performances under ZZ and under Carlo are night and day.

I also think that the squad ZZ had in his first stint here is way better than the one we have right now.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Guessing some still want him gone?

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am just so very happy for him. After Bayern Munich discarded him the way they did, he went to Napoli and Everton and he was probably pretty disappointed where he was in his career at that point. Then Florentino gives him a call and asks him if he'd like to come back.

You can tell how appreciative Don Carlo truly is. Each time he sees Florentino Perez, he's hugging him, constantly saying how happy he is and grateful to be given this chance.

I imagine even Florentino Perez didn't imagine Carlo was gonna do such an amazing job. Here he was looking to hire Poch or Allegri, and look where those two managers are in their respective clubs/careers right now.

Carlo Ancelotti is beloved by the fans and players for a reason. He's humble despite his amazing accomplishments.

In a single season he became:
    • The only manager to win the title in all 5 top European leagues.
    • the only manager to win the Champions League as a coach 4 times.
    Do Carlo is now in a class of his own! He deserves every bit of credit for all his success. Incredible.

MaxY, S1na, Stiliyan and 5 others repped this.
  6. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane05, S1na, Doni and 5 others repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He called RM to get some players on loan to Everton. But as fate would have it. [emoji7][emoji7]

Zidane05, S1na, saadomar and 6 others repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Digital, Zidane05, S1na and 4 others repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos

S1na, Ahmadi8, Saeta Rubia and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Don Carlo and ZZ are best suited for us. We should just keep alternating between them as long as we can.

PigBenis, ahnaf, Horsehead and 7 others repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1530691324177010688 is not a valid tweet id

PigBenis, Saint Iker, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Perez should've treated ZZ better two seasons ago, but it's hard to see him coming back before he coaches France Natl Team or while Perez is still in charge.

I do recall in a Perez interview, el presi said someone else had published ZZ's farewell letter so he knows ZZ didn't say those words. Who knows if that implies there being a crack in the door for him to comeback someday.

Also, Carlo said he is retiring after this stint with Madrid.

15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A marriage made in heaven for club and manager.

16. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I hope he will be our Heynckes after this stint. Retires to spend time with the family, but returns to duty if he sees the Batsignal.

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Haha can't wait! His personality and charisma is out of this world. No wonder the players love him.

Saeta Rubia and Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    3 seasons with us, 2 Champions League titles.

Phenomenal return.

RMSocrates, S1na, PigBenis and 5 others repped this.
  19. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did anyone else see that Carlo Ancelotti was dancing with the youngsters post-match? Vini Jr., Rodrygo, Valverde and Camavinga were all dancing with Don Carlo. It was awesome. He's not only respected, but adored by the youngsters. It is a clear sign he is the perfect man for the job. Just mad appreciation for this absolute legend of a manager.

S1na and Excape Goat repped this.
  20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    S1na repped this.
  21. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Ancelotti became like a father to me. He even named his dog Pato. You saw that picture of him on the bus parade in Madrid, with the sunglasses and the cigar? Well, at Milan he’d turn up to training in a helicopter. He lived in Parma and his wife knew how to fly one. He’d step out like James Bond. If anyone lived with style, it was Carlo.

S1na, arcane and saadomar repped this.
  22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why is this even a question? Who are they putting ahead of him? Arrigo Sachi? Fabio Capello? Max Allegri? I wanna know what they're smoking if they do.

They call him Don Carlo for a reason. The dude is stylish and a man of the people.

arcane repped this.
  23. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hsain85 repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    After those Pato comments I completely understood why they couldn't understand him/getalong with him in Munich. There's nothing more the locals hate more than the lifestyle Pato described Carlo would be living.

Have you noticed how many German coaches wear a tracksuit when even Simeone is wearing a suit? It's in the culture. You're supposed to be relatable, down to that. What they call "Neidkultur" aka Jealousy culture is big in Germany, it's mostly accepted.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  25. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I find this interesting because I was one of the people who assumed Carlo was done after Bayern. He was poor there. A tactical dinosaur, and reportedly quite lazy.

He seems to suit more a CEO role as manager. A pure, charismatic leader, communicator and motivator. That fits well with your side where you have elite veterans like Modric, Kroos and Benzema

In germany, and especially at Bayern, "the manager" is much more a first team trainer. Indeed when Pep was first at Bayern, he was very much only a trainer and Sammer handled many of the manager responsibilities.

So I suspect you are correct that culturally it was all wrong

PigBenis, Umar and 4x4s repped this.