Perfetto, the Return of Carletto! - Benvenuto Carlo Ancelotti

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carlo with the cigar!

He got me chain-smoking in the game vs Chelsea.

I didnt watch all the game vs Citeh today but it seems he planned the game to suit the needs of adrenaline junkies. Don Vito style.

Aensensen and ImadEdd repped this.
  2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Hats off Mister

3. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Yeah, things are working with starting the KCM still, but there must be a transition ASAP.

I'd use the remaining Liga games to try some MF combinations. Including Ceballos.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I can’t think of any other team who has scored 6 goals in two matches of a single season against City.

Digital and Galatico repped this.
  5. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Let’s roll it back one more time, Don Carlo

Stiliyan, dooda, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mbappe's Monaco did. But that was the weakest City squad under Pep. He spent like 400 M on defense since then.

Anon. repped this.
  7. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Ahmadi8, Aensensen, Doni and 5 others repped this.
  8. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018

9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Carlo is now more Madridista than Milanista. We were always gonna be eternally grateful to him for bringing us La Dexima which was an obsession of the club but he has brought us so much more now.

His tears after our victory and our league win say it all. Love this guy. The right man at the right time.

ImadEdd, petros93, Anon. and 11 others repped this.
  10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There are so many people who want him axed. Most people called him a stopgap manager until Mbappe got here. People wanted Poch, Allegri and Klopp. But Carlo Ancelotti fits this club like a glove.

Accomplished, calm, charming and trusted by his players. Only Zidane could be a better choice, but after Zidane nobody is as fitting as Carlo.

ImadEdd, petros93, ahnaf and 4 others repped this.
  11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  12. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Ancelotti has no particular playstyle?

He does... Winning.

Same as Zizou.

petros93, Ahmadi8, Saeta Rubia and 3 others repped this.
  13. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Some people should self suspend after continuously campaigning to have this man fired

ImadEdd, petros93, saadomar and 3 others repped this.
  15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I actually believe that the way that he’s managed Camavinga is the best possible way to integrate a player this young and with that talent into a team full of stars like Real Madrid. I think that making them the stars of this team too early in the season could have backfired because they don’t yet have the full experience of having to deliver top solid performances week in and week out.

Digital repped this.
  16. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Camavinga has had a great season. He's had a handful of rough appearances but let's not forget this guy came on and scored in his first game for the club.

Furthermore, you can tell that Zidane was highly influenced by Carlo. They're similar in many ways. I'd say that Carlo is a bit more attacking and not quite as malleable as Zidane but both are very flexible.

I was watching City for the first time this year and I laughed at how similar and indistinguishable all of their players are. They're a well oil machine that have a lot of interchangeable and moving parts but they all run the same and do the same things. There aren't any artisans in that squad and that goes for Farkus and Bernardo Silva too. They're all the same and can do the same things.

I'll stand by this with Zidane and Carlo for all of their faults they may not have a "style" unless that style is to adapt to the opponent and play to their weaknesses. I'll take that any day of the week than Pip's triangle extravaganza.

petros93 and saadomar repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You are right however it's due to Casemiro and Kroos levels.. this is why there is pressure for more.

When you see a 19-year old effortlessly flick a dangerous ball to his left because he sense pressure and already knows there is a runner behind him coming on that side.... ??

I mean what the heck kind of awareness, elegance and talent is that?

This kid is special. Like even in a room full of special he is the cream of the crop.

arcane, Georgey_ and Bear Crotch repped this.
  18. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Just wait until he fills out a bit more. It's so much fun watching him with the ball at his feet.

When he had that driving run out of the right side of the pitch, beat two players and continuing bombing forward I couldn't help but stand up and shout "GOGOGOGO BABY BOY"

robnycus repped this.
  19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1019 robnycus, May 5, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
    You are correct their styles are very similar but under Carlo we play with higher intensity and part of this has to do with keeping all 24 players motivated which Carlo does much better than Zizou.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  20. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ahnaf, RMSocrates, PigBenis and 4 others repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F62A4A02-4F35-4EC3-8FDC-BEF5989987F8.jpeg

Smokin on all these packs

saadomar, ahnaf, Saint Iker and 10 others repped this.
  22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    The author should stick to writing about cricket instead which is the sport he prefers to play in his free time, perhaps he can relate more.

He is probably scratching his head right now to understand how is it possible that a coach like Carlo with his “no philosophy” can have his team outplay and outsmart the philosophical coaches.
    Remember this isn’t the first time Carlo faces Pep in champions knockout games.. he trashed his Bayern team back in 2014 as well.
    Garbage article.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

24. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Nah. Zizou's teams were also intense.
    You might be getting confused comparing this season to Zizou's last. Remember that the players were also eager to impress Zidane. If Carlo lasts at least 3 years, yes we can better compare.

25. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1025 saadomar, May 11, 2022
    Last edited: May 11, 2022
    Zizou had a league and CL double in the same season in 2016-17. We were so good that season, in fact, that many argued whether our second team was better than the first team of most other clubs because it was reliably winning us games. If it wasn't for that dumbfnck Danilo, we probably would've won the CdR and completed a treble.

Zidane had the same incredible ability to inspire a squad of 24 players to play each game like it was their last.

To put things in perspective, Real Madrid had won four titles that season, including the CL and La Liga, and that only happned in the same season three times in it's illustrious history: 1956-1958 and 2016-2017.

Hopefully, InshAllah, Real Madrid will win the champions league against Liverpool in the upcoming final and create further history. If they win, Real Madrid will have 3 titles this season (Spanish league, Supercup and CL).