Pep Talks Not Working - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Spurs are so one-dimensional.

2. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is that dimension mashed?

Yahtzee and yasik19 repped this.
  3. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good results (for us) today, Liverpool, Spurs and Villa all drop points, now all we have to do is make sure we don't balls up our 'chance' (like we have done all season so far) against the Toon! :-D

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  4. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Now Everton drop points too! A near perfect weekend of results, only one piece of the puzzle left now, let's see if we can put the cherry on the top and take full advantage.

5. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some pretty huge away results in the champions league today. Liverpool 2-0 at Leipzig and psg now 4-1 at Barca.

6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mbappe too good. Feel like there's going to be a generation of just good strikers this time around.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  7. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thierry Henry being linked to the Bournemouth job

8. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Erling Haaland already has a brace and the first half just ended. He scored twice in under 20 minutes.

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    City sitting 10 points clear.

10. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Better chance of Everton catching us than us catching City so def a good result for us. Liverpool in free fall (hopefully) and everyone else above us outside of City are likely to stumble big time as always.. I like our odds.

11. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bit worried that Liverpool will use the European result as a catalyst but can see us make more ground on Utd. Some tough matches coming up and the hard run-in will make the difference.

Nice to be thinking about how we maintain top 4 rather than close the gap on top 4.

Let's hope Europe doesn't change our trajectory. I'd gladly sacrifice progress this year for top 4 by the end of the year but you never know! We've won it with a worse outlook before now :)

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  12. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #3887 Rman3349, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Question of the week then: Haaland or Mbappe?

Haaland for me. They're both astronomical talents and I do like that Mbappe has already done it on the biggest stage, that really matters.

But given roughly equal levels of talent, I'll always prefer a big forward over a quick one. Major simplification of their games I know (Haaland has surprising speed for example) but to oversimplify, I want a Drogba-type over a Henry-type.

I mean, age 20, 14 CL Apps, 18 Goals :eek:

No wrong answers though

13. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That's the spirit. :)

WE have the players to beat Atletico Madrid. It is most unlikely, but it is possible.

14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Def no wrong answer. Mbappe let’s you play a lot of different styles as someone who can play wide next to a striker or as lone striker. However, I’d agree. I’d go with Haaland.

15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  16. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We could buy both and as soon as they got here they'd go on a 15 game run without scoring! :-D

Rman3349 and StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  17. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Stevie G is doing a good job with Rangers. Top of the two team league by a mile and having a good european run winning again today.

Given how things are going across the city it would be interesting if that other manager spot gets filled by another legendary midfielder and old rivalries are renewed.

18. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lamps at Celtic would be cool as hell. Watching that team in the Champion's League when they had Nakamura in the mix was a good time.

19. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let’s hope Everton can hold on

20. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I am really enjoying the Liverpool summariser going on about the penalty. I never laughed as much as when he scored the own goal against Chelsea

21. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not only hold on but consolidated. Great result for them against a team that started SIX balon d'or nominees. .

22. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Good old Carlo we never should have sacked him. Apparently he is the only one that Roman thinks was a mistake

23. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It was a sacking that lacked any of the logic behind basically all of the others. Letting Ballack, Belletti, Deco and Carvalho go in the summer and bringing in only one meaningful signing in Ramires?

Yeah, there were Torres and Luiz but we lost too much dependable quality. The circumstances of his dismissal were always insane. 09/10 was way too lit and 10/11 way too close for it to be justifiable.

24. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    In my opinion I think we have been FAR too quick to sack more of our managers than just Carlo.

25. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lukaku with a great goal in the Milan derby today. Inter running away with it. No Tomori sighting.