Pele Special Clip (downloadable)

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Elliad, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
  2. FredGavioes

FredGavioes Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Boston/MA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    im brazilian and i never watched that clip before in my life, its amazing, wow... after watching the video, i was like "wow look at his moves, no wonder he scored more than 1.000 goals throughout his career"

3. andrew

andrew New Member

Jul 3, 2001
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!! That was the greatest highlight reel I have ever seen. I now believe Pele without a doubt was the greatest player of all time! Thanks again.

4. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Nice to read that you guys enjoyed it. I've never seen him in live action myself, but he truly was a great player, wasn't he :)

5. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    The choice of Music is insulting actually. What is that Puerto Rican or Dominacan music? Nothing insults a Brazilian more than getting their music confused with Spanish language music. I commonly see this on Travel shows where they show Brazil and play Merengue or some sort of Puerto Rican music.

I stongly suggest you change the music to a samba or bossa nova. I cant watch Pele play to that rythm.

6. CrikeyMikey

CrikeyMikey New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    sorry to insult, does this mean that all clips must have music from their country of birth? The Music is African and Brazillian.

wow, your a sensitive one!

If you want to get technical where are Pele's roots my friend?

7. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Pele in action is enjoyable put to any music (I've seen that same clip to punk, rock and classical music as well).

Brasilians should be justifiably be proud of Pele, but he belongs to the World now....

[The sequences from both clips are available on "Pele, Eterno."]

8. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Pele is Brazilian...you should have put Brazilian Music in the background not Cuban music. You might as well have put Country Music..maybe garth Brooks? See how silly that is.

Your video would have been nice with the right music. The music you played WAS NOT African, nor Brazilian. It was either Puerto Rican or Cuban or somewhere around that area. Sorry but to me it ruined the video...download a samba and you will have a winner.

9. CrikeyMikey

CrikeyMikey New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    I hope your knowledge of football is greater than music. The music you are refering to is a group called "Africando All Stars" made up of some of the Africa's biggest artists.

Why I am explaining my choice of music to "the ignorant" I don't konw. You have an opinion, well done, I would have far more respect for an intelligent one.

BOSSA NOVA! PLEASE FFS! :rolleyes:

10. Andre_Fla81

Andre_Fla81 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Brasil
    Man, I must have missed that bycicle kick at 4:56 on "Pele Eterno". I must have blinked or something. Well, its a nice excuse to give the DVD another spin... :D

11. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Next time you rip off a copyrighted DVD like Pele Eterno at least use appropriate music. Oh and Pele is not African, he is Brazilian. Brazilians dont run around calling themselves African-Brazilians like American Blacks call themselves African-Americans.

12. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Why do you feel the need to lay into someone who is trying to make a positive contribution to this board?

CrikeyMikey: I enjoyed the comp' a great deal! Keep up the good work! :) It's nice to see so much effort and work go into a project for such a site. Especially considering you've done it for free (I assume) Cheers!

13. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Appropriate music?

The very first clip posted by the thread starter also didn't have Brasilian music, yet you didn't chastise him. Were you ok with that soundtrack, or just haven't yet beefed about it? One could infer that you have some sort of inferiority complex about Brasil's undeniable "african-ess."

Your opinion is as valid as others, but a simple suggestion would have been appropriate. Instead, we have a potential contributor having to defend himself for a what was a positive contribution.

14. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    I didnt rip him. He is the one that called me ignorant!! All I said is that it was insulting and would be nice if he corrected it. He decided to start the ripping. Read my comment:

"The choice of Music is insulting actually. What is that Puerto Rican or Dominacan music? Nothing insults a Brazilian more than getting their music confused with Spanish language music. I commonly see this on Travel shows where they show Brazil and play Merengue or some sort of Puerto Rican music.

I stongly suggest you change the music to a samba or bossa nova. I cant watch Pele play to that rythm."

15. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    I guess I don't understand why his choice of music was insulting and meriting comment, while the first poster's choice of music (also not Brasilian) was not.

Moreover, even if both offerings didn't meet with your approval, he obviously was not trolling but seeking to contribute in a positive manner. You could have gotten your point across without the "insulting" comment.

Let's let it be for the good of the forum.

Its probably the fact that we are all full of nervous energy awaiting for this dammn WC to begin :)

I saw your post on having contracted DISH HD for the cup...my HD receiver is scheduled soon. I also got a 60" during SuperBowl week. So anyone in the area during the games can stop by!

16. Pygmalion

Pygmalion New Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Bay View, WI
    Not much of a passer;)

17. CrikeyMikey

CrikeyMikey New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    sorry for the "ignorant" comment SS, I guess it took me by suprise that one could take it all so serious. The clip was in no way a political statement but I can see how some might take it that way.

The funny thing is, I play that type of music at family gatherings. I am a South African born Aussie with a Chilean partner, my brothers partner was born in El Salvador, and my other brothers partner was born in Colombia.

Can you imagine family BBQ's, one half wants salsa, merenge, song, queka etc, the other half cry for kwaito, jazz etc. So I play that stuff, the latinas think its African and the South Africans think its latino, it's a nice mediam.

I made a big effort to find the perfect "Brazillian" song, of which I have much of. It just doesn't fire me up. It's just a bit of fun I had with the movie maker, and thought I would share.

18. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Welcome to the boards CrikeyMikey.

I've promissed myself to be in a position 4 years from now to spend the whole 2010 WC in S.Africa. Be prepared for me to tap in to your knowledge and connections :)

19. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    no hard feelings..i just think, text communication doesnt always translate well. Yes WC in HD..and an American non soccer fan friend just asked me if I can Tivo the WC Final so that I can make it to his pool party instead.... I told him sorry buddy I can go to your pool party some other time...why do you schedule it on WC Final weekend!!

20. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    The whole WC will take some doing I'm sure tp, I had hoped to spend as long as possible in Germany for this one, but the most I could manage is 17 days (I'll go back out if England reach the final).

Is HD really going to make much difference do you think?

Anyway, very good contribution Mikey.

21. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    I'm in Germany for the first round of games. A buddy of mine is from T&T and we are going to catch those games and soak up some WC atmosphere.

I'm returning right after the last first round game (unless we can somehow get second round Brasil tickets) to catch the rest of the games back home on the big screen.

God willing 2010 and 2014 I'm there from beginning to end. Already preparing the kitty for 2010 as I know it will be pricey. I okay with it as its in Africa, it will be historic occasion.

Being married to a Brasilian women, 2014 will be much easier logistically.

As for HD....I watched some olympic hockey at a co-workers the other night...the picture was so good it hurt. Especially on a 50" or more, its like being on the sideline.

I think that there is still too little HD programming to reasonably justify the costs, but since the US broadcaster is showing every WC game in HD I don't mind being one of the early adopters.

22. CrikeyMikey

CrikeyMikey New Member

Feb 23, 2006

Cheers tpmazembe

Travel tip to SA - A bottle of water is more expensive that a bottle of beer, dagga is cheaper than ciggarettes;)

Shot, CrikeyMikey

23. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Do you have tickets for the T+T games then? I'm going out there at 6AM the day after England play T+T because I have work committments up until then. Usually the summer is quite a quiet time for us (relatively speaking) so SA might be a bit more of a goer. A friend of mine has a lot of family in SA, so he thinks we can stay with them for periods.

Brazil is going to be particularly expensive for me I would imagine, although seeing what some supporters from the States budgets seem to be for Germany I can't complain.

In England Sky now have a few channels on HD, but I think I'll hold fire for a while yet.

24. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Will HD makes adiffernce...Hell yeah. Its not even close. Watching in HD is as close as being in the stadium without being in the stadium that you can get. The clarity is just so much better than standard TV.

TPMA...DISH Network you get 60 Basic Channels plus 26 High Def channels (including World Sport HD..ESPN and ESPN2 HD and your locals in HD) for $54.99 a month. Thats not so bad.