Peguy Luyindula thread

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by SportBoy333, Apr 8, 2005.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    This guy when he left Lyon said Marseille was the better team and they were gonna have a better season than Lyon. Obviously he was dead wrong. I think deep down he regrets leaving Lyon. He's had an ok year I guess but not spectacular. Where do you see his role on the team next year ? Will he be a starter or do you think he's better off being a sub. He and Marlet isnt a bad strike combo but your not gonna any win titles with them as your main strike pair unless your midfield is exceptionally strong.

2. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr
    luyindula season is quite disapoiting i agree with you
    i think peggy should stay at l'OM unless we buy another attaker (marlet like profile, but younger and stronger) or an offensive mildfielder with a good passing.Marlet should be our super sub until his retirement axcept if he wants to move...
    in our attak line , i think we should keep peggy and koke and buy another goalscorer.

3. Yobbogadaba

Yobbogadaba BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 29, 2003
    Swe
    and buy another goalscorer.[/QUOTE]

I give you a tip, buy Cristiano Lucarelli....excellent far better than Gilardino and Montella.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    when luyindula left OL, i was much more disturbed by how it happened than by actually losing peguy. i saw most of the goals he scored for us and frankly a lot of them were pretty weak.

what's more, even if he could score goals, he couldn't really create them the way cissé, henry or even govou can.

it was surprising how he left OL; first it seemed neither the club nor he had any intention him going, then OM made a lot of statements in the press, then they met with peguy's agent, there were lots of promises made... by the time OL was contacted, the whole situation was so murky there was no way he could stay.

i think luyindula started regretting it very soon. it was rumored that the final contract was less than he had been led to expect, and with the incentives, it's turned out to be less than he had at OL.

and getting booed at the vélo and having dreyfus say they never really wanted him anyway didn't make him a happy camper!

5. jppp

jppp Member

Jul 3, 2003
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    His season has been very dissapointing. I think Mido might have had a better season if he had stayed.

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    his season has been disappointing.

getting razzed mercilessly in the vélodrome, being excluded from the squad, and reading the club president's comments in the papers that OM never really wanted him, that they should have got eto'o or koller with the drogba money... well, none of that helped!

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/20041207_191729Dev.html