Pearce to Buraspor?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by autobus39, Jun 2, 2010.

1. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see this anywhere outside of the catch all summer transfer thread. Thought it deserved its own thread. Current Turkish champs Buraspor are sniffing around Pearce again.

Pearce agreed to a contract with Buraspor last summer, but it fell apart at the deadline for mysterious reasons, registration issues per the linked article.

2. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    This would be a really good move for Pearce but he'd have stiff competition surely. Champions League football from FC Dallas would be great for him though and would help him improve.

3. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    They declined the contract the very last second - after giving him a medical, IIRC, and by alleging that the player and his agent were adding some unreasonable last minute demands, a claim that Yorks vociferously denied - but they were a bottom dweller then.

4. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know what he's making at FCD?

5. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    $57,500 last season.

6. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All 12 of them.

7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Do you mean Bursaspor? The team that just won its first title in turkey?? The team that has a champions league spot??? Why wouldnt he go with Bursaspor???

8. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that prorated for his short stint?

9. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

10. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well... it does look rather comfortable.

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I could understand the bench arguement.... if this was say Fenerbache or Galatasaraay or even Besiktas.... but this is bursaspor. They are a small club, with not much money. Heck I doubt their bench is that deep.

I remember a bolivian player who was a POS, barely played at one of the bigger teams in bolivia, played a year or 2 at that club. He wasnt even close to NT material. Thats the kind of club we are talking about here.... how they won the championship I dont know!

But I dont think its so strong of a club Pearce would be looked over to be a good starter/sub off the bench?

12. SoccerKowboy

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They probably got better since then.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not too long ago, 2 years ago.

14. SoccerKowboy

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, then clearly they must have paid off a bunch of referees. What's Turkish for calciopoli?

15. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Gutiérrez

That's the only Bolivian player I found at Bursaspor (and he played there 2 years ago, fits). 246 games for The Strongest, 4 caps for Bolivia - and a total of six appearances for Bursaspor, while the club finished 13th when he was there.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, ronald gutierrez. He came back to bolivia after his time there, and was crap for my club Bolivar. Since then they loaned him out to a second tier club in bolivia that are at the bottom of the small table. He hasnt done crap for them either.... although i hear it has more to do with his shape and some drinking issues... either way he to me was never THAT talented, and Bursaspor to me has never been a powerhouse of a club, so a good club for an american to go to and possibly be up to starting.... although things might have changed a tad' since 2008 but looking at their roster there is only I think 2-3 foreigners, no big names, it must be their internal talent??? Who knows.

I wish someone who followed the club could chime in... but I doubt that would happen lol.

17. SoccerKowboy

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey... not every club can be Aris or Aarhus or Aalborg. Maybe we would have had more luck had he gone to Antalya or Ankaragucu.

18. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    But Gutiérrezalso only played 306 minutes total for the club, so it's not as if he was a huge success there. However, Bursaspor won the championship rather surprisingly. They are one of the bigger clubs in Turkey outside of Istanbul/Trabzon, but their only well known player outside of Turkey is probably Ivan Ergic. I can't speak with much authority here, but generally outside of the top clubs a decent German second division player should be able to play regularily in Turkey. There's always a lot of German-Turkish players from the lower divisions going there.

19. Tim1977

Tim1977 New Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I hope for them that they'll not finish like Sivasspor, this season.

They finished 2nd last year and got most of their best player stolen by bigger clubs and almost finished in the 2nd division of the turkish league at the end of the season.

(often like that in "smaller" european competitions when there's a smaller club winning the championship)

20. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    I got off the the MLS PA PDF.

From what I remember from Josh Wolff's return at a similar date, the salary numbers are given per full schedule.

21. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Does he still have a chance with them. I know they were interested in the beginning of the transfer period. It looks like a good club. They are in the Champions League. Pearce is statistically the best right back in mls and he is a natural left back. He is one of the reasons FC Dallas has been solid and def can improve out of mls.

22. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    I haven't heard/read anything but there are still two weeks left.

23. Garby80

Garby80 New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    FC København
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    After the way they treated him the last time, i would be surpriced if his agent would even bother to pick up the phone if they called.

24. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    Testudo repped this.
  25. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He has to be the only American (grown up in US) that will have a chance at European Cup football next season.

This is like pre 2000s level