Peace Cup?

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by SideshowBob, Feb 19, 2009.

1. SideshowBob

SideshowBob Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely no evidence, so this is just a theory on my part... I was looking at the schedule for the 2009 Peace Cup (held in Spain this time). It's an international invitation tourney run by Rev Moon of Korea. Anyhow, they have it every other year and it features clubs from all over the world. The Galaxy participated in 2003. Guadalajara played in the 2007 edition.

Anyhow, I was wondering if an MLS team might participate and so I looked at the schedules. The Peace Cup is scheduled for July 24 to Aug 2. And the only MLS team that is off that entire time is Chivas USA. And, in fact, the schedule is a little odd for CUSA to be missing potential games on both 7/25 and 8/1 (obviously, some team has to be skipped due to an odd number of teams, but why two weekends in a row?). It's not due to SuperLiga since that is in late June (based on the schedules of the involved teams). Might it be possible that CUSA will be participating?

2. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be awesome, however i haven't heard anything. Since the west now has 8 teams now, one more then the east that might potentialy be why?

3. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't they have the X games at that time?

Scheduling around that?

4. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Summer X Games 2009: July 30th - August 2nd.

5. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Looks like the Peace Cup will invite 12 teams this year, with 6 open spots.... at the very least, I'm interested in seeing who else is taking part.

6. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  7. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Looks like Guzano will be there..... Villa signed in. I guess I should cease posting about this, huh? No one gives a crap about the Peace Cup. I bet if they changed the name to Murder & Carnage Cup people would be all over it.

8. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey it would've been nice to see Chivas USA play quality teams, but I guest preko bailed out because he was too chicken.:rolleyes: Oh well maybe next time then.

9. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would have been interesting, but i think we made a good choice and focused on preseason, unlike our untalented rivals.

10. AgentOfChaos

AgentOfChaos New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Pico Rivera, CA. USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    enough with these Cups. US Open and Superliga are enough (insert any other i forgot). these are in the way of the one i care about most.

lol - the last thing we need is more opportunity for our boys to get hurt. they haven't exactly been on the good side as far as injuries go the last few years.