Peace Cup in South Korea

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by jonny63, Aug 14, 2006.

1. DCunited11

DCunited11 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
  2. DCunited11

DCunited11 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    dang, there's nothing on ussoccer about the aus game

3. DCunited11

DCunited11 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
  4. DCunited11

DCunited11 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    i'm sure most of you don't care or whatever but....i'm glad hucles is getting some time to play.

5. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
  6. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Like Ryan does not know what she brings.... NOTHING

Rather see Kacey White get time in the game, so far, she has not played and she is a real gem, if he ever gets her on the pitch

7. IluvKai2006

IluvKai2006 New Member

Oct 4, 2006
    California
    anyone have the link for us that didn't watch the game?

8. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    disagree. very good player with skill in both feet, who with her fitness now improved is an asset to the team.

in fact she was an asset in the australia game.

quote from ussoccer.com:
    "...Angela Hucles... played an excellent game in the attacking midfielder role....

9. noorwell

noorwell Member

Sep 15, 2003
    brooklyn,ny
    ALL acting and no substance...

10. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What do you mean All acting and no substance? How can you act a good performance? I'm not a huge Hucles fan, but if she's getting better and has elevated her game, then give her props.

11. cantona24

cantona24 New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    from USSoccer article:

"The U.S. defense, bolstered by a great game from center back Cat Whitehill, played an air-tight match, limiting the Australians to just two shots on goal over the 90 minutes."

Glad to see Whitehill played 90 minutes - she has been out recently with an injury. Sounds like the D was solid today.

12. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Well a US Soccer quotation is not evidence of anything. They are total "rah rah rah" and hardly objective. I also am hardly objective- I have a bias against Pucles the player from the whole teacher's pet Heinrichs days, the whole Heinrichs having to prove that she actually could produce a decent college player of NT quality.

Hucles the person, however, I have nothing against. As a fan, I want the best and she's yet to prove that-I am keeping an open mind and trying not to hold her April connection against her. Greg is looking at her, and it sounds like she's worked hard- I will say, she makes more sense than Marci Miller.

13. noorwell

noorwell Member

Sep 15, 2003
    brooklyn,ny
    If Greg take her along to the World cup intead of natural proven midfielders like White or woznuk. Boxx is going to have to be over worked without any help in the midfield... we will be be crucified there with player like Hucles and Miller in the mix. we all know that Aly have not really proven herself with the top teams like Germany, Norway or Brazil even Sweden.. Lloyd and Osborne have shown much promise there. but they have not come against the top teams yet. maybe the Algarve cup and 4 Nations may provide a test of they ability.

14. Bad Soccer

Bad Soccer New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    One of the Wildcats games I saw last summer was against Boston and Hucles was non-existent. If I hadn't bought a program, I never would've even known that she was on the field. If she couldn't even shine in a W-League game three months ago, then I have a hard time believing that she could contribute that much to the national team.

15. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now is the time to put people in the mix to develop them, not next month in the Gold Cup. I don't mind a little experimenting with lineups in the name of polishing up the roster.

16. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    they have always said who played well regardless of the team they played on.

they have pointed out when brigit prinz played well for germany against us. did you not believe them then?

they stated that abby played well in the denmark game. were they just lying?

now hucles is said to have played well. why would they just make that up? why would they tout a no-good player when they are trying to get good players on the team to win the world cup?

17. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    again, woznuk has been in camp. she's not yet good enough to make the team ahead of hucles or else she would have been called in. greg has repeatedly called in the college players who are good enough to make the team.

white has been called in to camp recently. she has shown her stuff to greg, but she hasn't been able to beat out hucles for that backup midfield spot.

18. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Because that's how they have always operated. Over the years it has been their policy to paint a rosy picture of the games and the choices made by their coaches. Its called spin. They typically do so when no one's able to watch. Saying Abby or Prinz played well is pretty much a no-brainer. Anyone who has followed the reporting of US Soccer for the past decade will know what I am talking about. Feel free to disagree, but I base it on my reading their reports for a long, long time.

19. soccermum

soccermum New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    "The US dominated the match in every way except the final score" is code for "the US took a gazillion ill advised shots and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn."

20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Boy howdy!

21. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Canuks win their group by beating Brazil 4-2.

22. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Gosh-- now we won't get to play one of the two teams good enough to be worth scheduling when preparing for a WWC :eek: :p

23. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well...Brazil is without Marta anyway.

24. goalieanna

goalieanna New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    California
    The US-Netherland game streaming on via this link.

I believe this is the Starting XI:

Forwards: White, Tarpley, Kai
    Midfield: Wagner, Osborne, Lloyd
    Defense: Chalupny, Markgraf, Whitehill, Mitts
    GK: Solo

Congrats to Kacey White on her first cap!

25. reddickfoudyfan86

reddickfoudyfan86 New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    State College-school
    We just scored!! Not sure who, maybe Tarp off of White's corner.

And no Abby or Lil, interesting to say the least in this game...