pc4th's everything rugby thread

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by pc4th, Feb 19, 2004.

1. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why, why, why???

Why did you merge the "How did you get into Rugby" into this soup? It was a good sequence of discussion deserving a thread by itself. If people want to talk about Rugby and that bumps other threads, so be it. Is this some conspiracy to thwart visibility for Rugby? Now, if you read the merged thread from top to bottom, it is an incoherent mixture.

2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Keep in mind that the Olympics games are only 17 days long and I don't think you'd be able to squeeze enough matchdays to make it a worthwhile tournament.

Sevens are much better suited for short events like this.

3. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Honest opinions here... who would call Brian O'Driscoll the best outside/2nd centre in the world?

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Why, why, why???

Yeah, the incoherence is one of the drawbacks to merging threads. I sent a PM out and got no responce. And as I said in that PM, if I thought there really was enough traffic, I would promote a Rugby forum. I have been thinking of different ways to come up with it, but nothing will work fairly. If Rugby gets its own forum, then there will be domino effect that, for consitancy purposes that we should honor, which will fragment OS.

I just merged the rugby threads so it is consistant like the F1 thread, the cricket thread, or the bull fighting thead. I realize it is not perfect, but it is the attempt to maintain consitancy.

'nutter

5. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I had PMs disabled so that's why I saw nothing. Hopefully we'll get a Rugby forum soon and we could put the cohernet thread back in it.

6. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would be tempted to agree with that, or at least give him the title of most skilfull.

7. lollies

lollies New Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Sydney
    He's definetly up there as one of the best.