PBP: USWNT vs. Colombia Jan18 & 22

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by zdravstvuyte, Jan 14, 2021.

1. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    #1 zdravstvuyte, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Здравствуйте !!!

[​IMG]

It's a new year, a new age and hopefully a new beginning for our country and the world.Good thing is our Heroines are back and in action on Sunday 18th and Friday 22nd.

The U.S. Women’s National Team will hold its January training camp from Jan. 9-22 in Orlando, Fla. The camp will conclude with two games against Colombia, on Jan. 18 (7 p.m. ET on FS1) and Jan. 22 (7 p.m. ET on ESPN2). Both matches will be played at Exploria Stadium, home to the Orlando Pride of the NWSL and Orlando City SC of MLS.

Link to January Camp and Roster

[​IMG]

U.S. Women’s National Team head coach Vlatko Andonovski has named a 27-player training camp roster that will train in Orlando before he names 18-player rosters for each of the two matches.

Tickets, while extremely limited, are available so hope is jackdoggy has one
    (or is on the bench)
    They went on sale yesterday.

Capacity for each match will be limited to no more than 4,000 ticketed fans. Tickets go on sale to the public for both matches on Wednesday, Jan. 13 at 10 a.m. ET through ussoccer.com. Tickets will be sold only in pods of 1, 2, 3, or 4 and a socially distanced seating manifest will be used. Coaches Circle and Presidents Circle members supporting the U.S. Soccer Development Fund can receive individual customer support and concierge services for their ticketing needs. Click here or contact circles@ussoccer.org for more information.

The matches against Colombia will be the first domestic games for the U.S. Women since the 2020 SheBelieves Cup last March and will mark the first meeting with Colombia since 2016, a 2-2 tie during the Olympics in Manaus, Brazil. Of the six previous games the USA has played against Colombia, two have been in World Cup play (2011, 2015) and two came during the Olympics (2012 and 2016), which means the teams met in four consecutive world championships. The USA won three of those games and tied one.

The USWNT is coming off a successful return to the field in the form of an 11-day training camp at the end of October in Commerce City, Colorado that marked the first event for the team since the 2020 SheBelieves Cup, and a productive trip to the Netherlands in November that ended with a 2-0 victory against the Dutch in Breda. That match was the first for the USA in 261 days. The first match against Colombia will make it 313 days between domestic games for the American women.

SO..Let's GO USA, and bring us all some much needed joy and peaceful stability .

Throw down your thoughts, predictions and match day blather.

jnielsen repped this.
  2. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
  3. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
  4. West Ender

West Ender Member

Dec 28, 2020
    Southwest
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Χαιρεται !!!

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I finally discovered what our friend @zdravstvuyte's nickname means! :laugh:

zdravstvuyte and West Ender repped this.
  6. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    allianchu

7. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Looks like I’m an idiot and got the game day wrong. It’s On Monday!!!!

8. West Ender

West Ender Member

Dec 28, 2020
    Southwest
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's OK, you had the correct date in the title and in the body.
    I didn't even notice that you wrote Sunday.

9. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Muchas Gracias CalienteMermelada.
    J

sweepsit repped this.
  10. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It looks like this is Vlatko's preferred lineup, given the absence of Morgan and Heath. It will be interesting to see how Rapinoe and Lloyd do as the senior citizens on the NT.

[​IMG]

West Ender repped this.
  11. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Wow..full tilt boogie !!

12. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    Hmmmmm I wonder if this means the second game is all the others? With Lloyd, Rapinoe and Horan all on at the same time, its a good thing its not a hard game

13. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Enjoy the Match

14. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Given that Colombia is very weak to start with and given their Covid losses and given that the US is, probably, champing at the bit to get going I would not be at all surprised to see the US score 8 or10 goals if Columbia tries to play straight up and even if they bunker the US should easily get 5 or 6.

This is almost as big a mismatch as the US had at the start of the last WWC.

A weakened less than average team vs a strong top team with the top team nearly at full strength... This could get ugly fast.

blissett repped this.
  15. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    At some point, we need to get younger. I thought maybe this coach would do it but not today I guess. He's starting to remind me of Jill Ellis in the way he sticks with the older players. Dont know if we will learn anything tonight against Columbia - 4 but I will watch to see if Rapinoe or Lloyd runs out of gas

16. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
  17. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are fans in the stands at Exploria Stadium

18. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that was embarrassing. Saw Columbia singing their National Anthem and then there was the USA. Five or six kneeling. I thought that was not allowed in international games? Totally embarrassing and I wish the coach would make them stop that. Not the time or place and I dont want to see it

West Ender repped this.
  19. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    US gets their first goal. Mewis gets one.

West Ender repped this.
  20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia

USSF got rid of their "rule." The warmup jackets also said Black Lives Matter. The horror. On this day of all days.

jnielsen and lil_one repped this.
  21. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I would not call the US' first goa la really good goal because Columbia played a good imitation of the old reliable "traffic cones."

blissett and RalleeMonkey repped this.
  22. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
  23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Colombia.

jnielsen, Hexa, blissett and 4 others repped this.
  24. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wish the so called announcers would actually watch and report the game. That is one area the US has NOT improved.

RalleeMonkey repped this.