PBP Thread: Match #7, Argentina vs Iceland, 16 June 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'GROUP D: Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria' started by Paul Calixte, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    I just learned from my son that Messi has missed 5 of his last 10 PKs. Unreal. Why don't they assign someone else to take a PK, then?

Philip J. Fry repped this.
  2. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Everything will be decided vs Croatia. Nigeria acquiesces to Argentina every World Cup. Argentina will decide its own fate. But now needs a win vs Croatia. And lots of goals on Nigeria. However Nigeria might not have the respect anymore cause of that friendly win.

3. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don’t understand why Sampo didn’t play Dybala. He made an statement earlier that Dybala and Messi aren’t compatible together WTF.

4. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Outside backs were not up to par this game for Arg

5. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It’s true tho they both left footed playing in same areas. Try it on Fifa. If u have a left footed person in CAM (Messi) or Cm it’s hard to pass to a person on the right wing. The Cam or Cm on that side needs to be right footed. I know it’s a video game but it simulates well why it doesn’t work. Messi has a good right foot or could square up and pass with his left but he’s very cut in + left footed oriented

6. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I’ve heard that Sampaoli is an avid FIFA gamer. I can still beat his ass though ;).

tudobem62014 repped this.
  7. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Son of a beach

Attached Files:

8. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  9. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Watching that live thinking

Maradona: “I should of had more to watch this”

10. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  11. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hahahhaha

12. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Heard he lives at the stadium with a bed and tv to watch film. Now I know what’s he’s really doing

13. Lafleur

Lafleur Member

Jun 23, 2012
    It's very pathetic how someone can hate another human being without ever personally meeting or knowing him/her. It shows how shallow you are as a human yourself. I would understand your dislike for him as a footballer but human?
    As for Ronaldo, by all accounts written about him he's a very generous human being giving so much to mankind and our great game, regardless of what team you support.

14. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Just another result to indicate there is little point in taking friendlys seriously. Iceland didn't win a single friendly leading up to the World Cup.

15. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well played @Hayaka, you called it. I was convinced of a two goal win for the Albiceleste.

Hayaka repped this.
  16. laurasoccerfreak

Atlético Mineiro
    Brazil
    Nov 24, 2017
    Sampaoli is a very good coach.
    Maradona was ... an excellent player.

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Come on, mate, it’s not football without a little banter

RealMadridista repped this.
  18. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t mind banter, but trolls who have not made any comment on this thread just come in with their agenda.

19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This isn’t a rivalry thread.

Trolling post are being removed and next the trolling posters will be banned.

soccernutter, celito and Christina99 repped this.
  20. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #295 tudobem62014, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2018
    [mod removed quote of deleted post - soccernutter]

Spain was going forward. Leaving space for what Ronaldo does best at Real Madrid counter attack.

Iceland was in tank mode.

It’s so easy to play tank and counter attack. Doesn’t take much skill, is hard to watch, but gets results. Ronaldo benefits. If someone gets ahead of Portugal it will be a mess as well.

Was just starting to like Ronaldo. Then people post this lol.

21. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is a world cup between 32 countries, not between 2 elite players. Those who know nothing about football can do the Messi vs Ronaldo thing. I think most Bigsoccer posters are more knowledgeable than that.

22. Igor Bogdanoski

Igor Bogdanoski New Member

Vardar
    Macedonia
    Jun 16, 2018
  23. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    I think the discussion is relevant as far as discussing Balon d'Or. But agree it shouldn't go beyond that.

24. laurasoccerfreak

Atlético Mineiro
    Brazil
    Nov 24, 2017
    The country where Messi has the most haters is Argentina. The rest of the world envy Argentina for having Messi in their NT. Of course me too.
    Although I like Argentina - country, people and football style - I don't follow their NT so close, and I have problems on understanding why Messi is still contested in Argentina.
    But when it comes to such situations - the most important matches - indeed he doesn't perform like he does the whole time. Or what we see from him in Barcelona. And this is exactely what Messi's detractors in Argentina complain about. "Frionel Pechi" (argies here will know what is meant).
    Technically he's uncomparable. But the spirit ... He's supposed to be the leader of the team, but everything you see in these situations is a lonely guy concentrated on himself, struggling to save the whole Planet Earth alone with his own talent ... but not a leader. And what happens in the team: he is still officially and unofficially the leader! Crazy.
    Single comparisons are a stupid thing since football is a team sport. But when you compare how Ronaldo carries his team with his body language, charisma and everything else, you understand why there's still a discussion about who's the best player. Technically I consider Messi better hands down. But in a team sport and if you are supposed to be the leader ...

kennytt and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  25. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentinians LOVE Messi, we know he single handedly has been carring us. The stupid periodistas deportivos criticize, but people have been loving our historical top goal scorer and goat since the WC 2014 qualifiers at least.