PBP Thread: Match #15, Poland vs Senegal, 19 June 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'GROUP H: Poland, Colombia, Senegal, Japan' started by Paul Calixte, Jun 13, 2018.

1. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    I think nuance makes sense, but I’m not sure how much fault belongs on Poland vs the red being a touch more prudent there. Also if that crazy goal doesn’t happen, Senegal would keep fighting for a second. They wouldn’t have sat on their hands a la Tunisia.

And the first goal was bad luck but who knows if it doesn’t go in anyway w/o a deflection? Each thread you pull away creates a different tapestry, it doesn’t start anew, it just mutates into unpredictable new designs, just as likely to be favorable to Senegal as to Poland.

Pipiolo repped this.
  2. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    sure they do, and deserve it as well

And whatever you may feel over it, is fair.

As he was allowed to enter the pitch a few moment before the polish player fvkd up, all according to the rule book.

3. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    Thanks for the correction, it was Greece that got them huh? Misremembered that. Just remember being incredibly depressed (loved that Ivory Coast team 2004-2014).

4. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    What do you think of the Colombia-Senegal matchup? I don’t want Senegal needing points from that to advance.

5. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nicely put

6. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lewy still failing to show up for big games....this should help us keep him in Munich

7. FatalTactics

FatalTactics New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    What do you want him to do when he barely touched the ball? lol

8. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very well. All the same. [emoji41]

9. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Senegal won deservedly. Cionek was an abomination, I have no idea why he was chosen over Bednarek to start. Senegal completely shut down the passing lanes for Poland. I thought the switch to 3 in the back made Poland look better, but they still had trouble getting anything into the box.

TheHitman47, Pipiolo and Skandal!!! repped this.
  10. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aliou Cissé is me when the DJ finally plays my song and then switches to the remix

11. jogger

jogger Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    It looks like the second senegalese goal is available and within the rules :

When the ref waves on Niang the ball was near Senegal's penalty box.

It is Krychowiak's backpass which was weak. It is not even the fact that he did a such a pass with an opponent striker in his own half, as a better one would not have been caught. It was a really sloppy play...

JoseEmidio, Boloni86 and Rickdog repped this.
  12. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    First of all, congrats to trainer Cisse and his lads. They have done their homework, had a clear game plan (covered Lewy with three and left useless Milik alone, he he, run a bit from the flank, stuffed the middle, and most importantly had luck) which they executed well. It was quite simple, but effective. One more time, solid work.

And now to a grill: Nawalka ty tepa Palo, imbecylu I kolesiu! As soon as I saw the squad announced by Polish press I could not believe it! That is, I could expect this from Nawalka and his "favored" buddies: Szczesny, Cionek, Milik, plus Zielinski in the middle with Krychowiak! OMFG I knew we will lose instantly, as Nawalka had done all the things I knew are wrong of the bat - I talked about it before: Cionek is too electric, good for Armenia maybe, Zielinski cannot play that far back in the middle as he cannot defend, which leaves Krychowiak alone, Milik should be striker number four, Teo and Kownacki are in much better form! But this fool obviously will never move them aside, he just doesn't learn!

The best one was actually Pazdan.

What now? My opinion v Colombia:

Fabianski-Bereszynski, Glik, Pazdan, Rybus, Kownacki, Goralski, Krychowiak, Grosicki-Lewy, Teo.

Now we is if Nawalka has the balls, or will we see Peszko?

BTW, second Senegal goal was absurd in its entirety... Krychowiak, Referee, Szczesny OMG

TheHitman47 and Pipiolo repped this.
  13. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Playing Zielinski so far back was moronic. I agree. Who exactly was supposed to support Lewandowski, who was being muscled out of play by the strongest duo (not best, but definitely the strongest) of defenders at this World Cup?

TheHitman47 and Skandal!!! repped this.
  14. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    And Senegal quickly tripled on Lewy, since they realized that Krychowiak is actually alone (Zielinski not sure if to attack or try to support Krychowiak which he simply cannot do as player, he is not def mid), and how out of shape and pace Milik looks like. Smart move!

15. EDonEnta

EDonEnta Member

Nigeria
    Jun 2, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    In other words, classic west African football. This is how Nigeria plays, how Ghana plays (for the most part) but not at this WC.

This is how we should have attacked Croatia. Test that backline, but no, we have a fossil of a coach who does not believe in our players ability to attack, and puts out a cowardly formation. :mad:

TheHitman47 and Phillyspur repped this.
  16. EDonEnta

EDonEnta Member

Nigeria
    Jun 2, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No. Ivory Coast beat Japan in 2014.

TheHitman47 repped this.
  17. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    I have to agree. I think after Poland and Germany next most disappointing performance went to Nigeria... They can do so much better.

TheHitman47 and EDonEnta repped this.
  18. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I feel France will disappoint us in the next round. Despite getting the win, I feel that they are capable of so much better with the players they have. Brazil a little as well, although they were unlucky.

Skandal!!! repped this.
  19. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    Yeah, saw that replay and felt the same. Live, it felt crazy, but once you pull back, and give the live sort of up in the stands view, it's obviously a combo of unfortunate factors: ball rapidly moves up field as ref turns to wave him on, then Polish player clearly having no idea a player is at the midline trotting on diagonally plays a horrendously timed backpass (though not that crazy, we've all seen long back passes) to the keeper. 999 times out of a 100 there's no danger there, but that was that 1 time. Perfectly fair, just unfortunate timing for Poland and that player, and even w/the bad timing, it was still possible to clean up the issue, but they managed to continue to make mistakes once the defender and keeper became aware of the potential nightmare in front of them.

Skandal!!! and Boloni86 repped this.
  20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So I was at work and I missed this game; can anyone (honestly and unbiased) tell me what went on with this game? Was it competitive and close? Something questionable happened? Etc.?

21. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    The game changed drastically as soon as it started with the Carlos Sanchez red card. Then Japan kind of pulled back and gradually Colombia regained control of the game with 10 men until they tied right before halftime. Japan came out in 2nd half much more aggressive, creating a lot of attacks until the 2nd goal. After that Japan easily closed the game out since Colombia had run out of gas.

Guinho repped this.
  22. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Spain should've been seeded.

23. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wait, they weren’t? Shoot you’re right. So we have Poland and Portugal seeded? Fifa rankings are a joke.

24. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am talking about this game; Poland and Senegal...

Boloni86 repped this.
  25. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund