PBP Thread: Match #10, Costa Rica vs Serbia, 17 June 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'GROUP E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia' started by Paul Calixte, Jun 13, 2018.

1. monere

monere Guest

don't take that dude seriously. His only purpose on this forum is to spew shit. Most of his comments are related to off-pitch issues, or topics that don't have anything in common with football. My guess is that he's a paid troll, or someone to spew shit at everything that's valuable in football and to talk europeans down

2. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am talking about Matic taking on entire Costa Rican team

Nico777 repped this.
  3. monere

monere Guest

??? Not in a million years, not this Brazil team anyway. Moreover, I can't decide if the score will be 4-0 or 5-0 for Brazil

4. monere

monere Guest

I have alluded to that, so give me attention. I need it! :)

5. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Anyone with half a brain? Costa Rica had some good scoring opportunities too. This game was not lopsided, as shown by stats. Yes, Serbia won, played well, Costa Rica had poor finishing, wasted their chances... but it's not like it was such a lopsided match-up that people who thought CR might win would necessarily have less than half a brain.

6. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think the comment is a reference to 'organized' Euro teams getting results against 'flair' teams from elsewhere in the world.

7. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Switzerland is not that bad. They are actually ranked in the top ten, no? Sure, the rankings are not accurate, but generally if a team is ranked in the top 10 it's likely that it is a decent team, as opposed to one ranked above 70 or something.

8. monere

monere Guest

I know what it was reference to, and I simply can't give the swiss any chance against THIS particular brazil team.

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, maybe I was a bit harsh in saying that but I don't know of anyone who expected Costa Rica to win this match. That is the overall point.
    Serbia took care of business.

10. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ???? Da ******** is wrong with you man
    Seems like you hate European teams in evert fkn thread

I cheer for Serbia and Croatia get of my dick

Nico777 repped this.
  11. monere

monere Guest

yes, they are. Except for shaqiri and embolo (the only creative players in that team), all other players can be easily canceled by the sheer quality that you have.

12. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Sure, they were the underdogs, but not by much. That is my overall point. They could perfectly have won this game. They lost on a free kick, and wasted some good scoring opportunities. Hardly a humiliating shellacking.

13. monere

monere Guest

I'm not hating any team. I dislike Portugal the most, but other than that I am really neutral (at most) towards most teams. And you ARE a troll, it's pretty obvious from your history of comments. Just warning people here not to take you seriously, cause that's what you're aiming to achieve anyway. You're welcome!

14. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They will cause disturbance in this WC thats for sure
    Very solid and organized team

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    No one was addressing your point.
    I was addressing the point that the Europeans got much out of a game that no one really expected the Ticos to win.

RealMadridista repped this.
  16. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Geez dude wtf
    Its just a forum
    You act like a lifeless robot

17. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is just butthurt that Europeans are demolishing everything on their way

18. monere

monere Guest

lifeless robots don't have feelings. I do, therefore I'm not a robot :)

19. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    I meant the point I'm making to you. And I did make the point earlier, that Costa Rica even behind, looked more offensively powerful than Croatia and Nigeria did. Even possession by both teams, ten shots by each, 3 on target by each, Serbia wins on a free kick, Costa Rica with some huge chances to score that went off-target by a hair. I thought that Costa Rica wasn't bad at all. Anyway, now they are in trouble because they will absolutely need a win against Brazil so they can't afford to play defensively against Brazil, which will likely doom them. But just based on this one game, they didn't do so poorly.

Regarding your point, I don't think people where *expecting* CR to win, so you are kind of right, but on the other hand I don't think people would find outrageous or strange if they did. They were playing against Serbia, not against some traditional powerhouse. Kudos to Serbia, they did well, but it wasn't as easy as you seem to imply.

Maybe I'm defending CR just out of CONCACAF pride - since I can't really root for Mexico, Panama is useless, and the US didn't make it... so I was hoping for a decent showing by CR just so that people take CONCACAF a bit more seriously.
    So much for that, but it partially explains my attitude.

20. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyways Mitrovic squandered two amazing chances and Serbia really upped their tempo in the second half

Pass accuracy was above 80%
    Milenkovic Savic was awesome and they give me hope that they can actually et out of the group and be a tough nut to crack

What surprised me most was how technically this team has advanced
    They were incoherent few years ago but they are actually doing great in midfield

Having Kolarov to make a difference from a set pieces is very crucial in competitions like this

Its a game changer in most of these games where opponents spend entire half to test their forces

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Whatever floats your boat.
    I picked this team to finish last based on their age, their tactician being different than Pinto and never being in this spotlight before and just the plain and simple fact they are not sneaking up on anyone.
    Add in the European venues instead of Latin America ones in 2014 and I think it was easy to see that they might fail in this tournament.
    Glad they showed some fighting spirit and did not get drubbed but at no point in this game did I think they really had a chance to win.

Kamtedrejt repped this.
  22. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Who, me? What part of Italy you don't understand, as being European? Look at my signature and my user name. I'm actually a citizen of Italy. I'm a dual citizen of Italy and the United States (but I also used to live in Brazil for a couple of decades and I'm married to a Brazilian, thus my three allegiances - my children have triple citizenship Italy, USA, and Brazil). So I'm not butthurt by any of these three continents doing well or poorly. I carry a passport of the European Union. Sure, Italy didn't make it this time, but it doesn't make me anti-European (although I do prefer Brazil to any other European country that is not Italy).

23. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nah the other guy that calls me troll for not cheering for his teams

24. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Mitrovic missed two one on ones...
    Costa ricians technically outclassed by the serbians players by miles and even on their main strength fighting spirit, the serbians showed they are ready and won most of duals.

The best team won.

Kamtedrejt and RealMadridista repped this.
  26. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Ah, OK, but the guy was talking about my point in your quote, so it seemed like you were talking about me. But then it's also strange, the other guy is European too, from Romania, no?

RealMadridista repped this.