PBP Thread: Germany vs Sweden, 23 June 2018

Discussion in 'GROUP F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea' started by Salmos, Jun 22, 2018.

1. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Also South Korea were arguably the better team vs Italy and deserved the win. Not so in the Spain match.

Pipiolo repped this.
  2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I believe that was well. Italy were playing just as dirty and just as bad as I've ever seen them while I believe Spain were just robbed at gunpoint, in day light...and I am anything but a fan of Spain.

roverman and zahzah repped this.
  3. Iforgotwhat8wasfor

Jun 28, 2007
    The back view was what I saw live, and wondered if it might have been a handball. From the front angle it's clear that ball never deflects. If it even touched his chest, it just brushed it. I guess the answer to your question is that we don't have enough rabid, self-delusional German fans on this board to support such a silly discussion.

Rosebud and rantanplan repped this.
  4. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hehe you can say the same for England 1966, Argentina 1978, Italy 1994, France 1998, Brazil 14, France 16, Barcelona 17, Real Madrid 18, Germany 18... etc. It’s just cause it’s South Korea people hate more lol.

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #480 Cris 09, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    No.

I would prefer S Korea to win over Argentina, France, Brazil, Italy and England any day of the week.

6. rantanplan

rantanplan Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Berlin
    Allthough I agree that Sweden might have deserved a penalty in the first half I find it interesting that supporters of that claim assume a PK would have certainly resulted into a goal.

Hexa repped this.
  7. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Thanks for calling me a rabid, self-delusional fan, but you might also simply watch the video that I posted (0:13 if you will). You are correct, it does not bounce, it comes down his chest and rolls down his upper left arm. It's certainly a light touch, but if you look closely, you will see that the ball changes direction. As I said, you would have to see the view directly from the front, to tell with certainty, but since the ball changes direction (otherwise it would have landed to the left of Toivonen) this certainly merits discussion at the very least.

8. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Mr. Ro?

9. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    A painful loss for Sweden.