Pavon > MLS.net > Galvan Rey

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by djdustmite, May 12, 2004.

1. djdustmite

djdustmite New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NJ
    For the most part I'm not a fan of Andy Pavon. There are several posters to this Board who could pen a more cohesive analysis piece. I may have even voiced this same sentiment here earlier. However I do read his stuff and was fascinated by this (on S. Galvan Rey) in the latest:

"And it's maybe not that difficult to understand where his adaptation to the Metros and MLS has been rough: He left his Once Caldas club, where he earned legendary status over nine seasons, in the second round of the Copa Libertadores where they will play for a spot in the quarterfinals against Ecuador's Barcelona on May 13. The MetroStars and Once Caldas worked this deal out and Galvan Rey, who had reached the peak of a long career in South America, was forced to comply, whether he consented to the move or not."

Had anyone heard this?

2. locolos

locolos New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    New York
    Listen, it takes time to adapt. Big time, time.

iE: look at Juan Pablo Angel and Villa couple of years ago. Now....

it took him sometime. Word around is that Juan Pablo grew out his hair, because not knowing English couldn't tell the barber how to cut his hair. The first few cuts were so horrendous that he dared wait until he could fly back to Colombia. Well the look worked and stayed even after he learned english oh yeah and learned the Villa new system. Now look at him.

Galvan Rey will prove himself. He could be very lethal playing side by side with Guevara.

Time!

los

3. Simon Birch

Simon Birch New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    With McOwen's Monkey
    I believe, my presumptive reading friend, that the latter part of the article, dealing with Galavan Rey's "forced" exit is what the original poster was fussing about.......

I for one, don't trust a thing that Pavon writes, he is a moron and has written nothing of note during his mlsnet tenure. He is to the written word what Jack Edwards is to the spoken.

4. djdustmite

djdustmite New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NJ
    Yeah, listen. I'm sure the guy can bring it, but if any of Pavon's noise is accurate it does follow that it may take a while for him to do so.