Pavon confirms Metros Transfer As Finished

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Ronaldinho11, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    [R] Pavon confirms Metros Transfer As Finished

Direct Link (in Spanish)

http://www.honduras.com/redirect/li...her/framefooter.html&url=http://www.tiempo.hn

Pavón más cerca del MetroStars

SAN PEDRO SULA-El centrodelantero Carlos Alberto Pavón “Plummer” viajará en la próximas horas a los Estados Unidos para incorporarse a las filas del MetroStars, equipo de la Major League Soccer (MLS) donde se uniría al centrocampista Amado “El Lobo” Guevara, según dijo el jugador ayer en el programa televisivo Cinco Deportivo.

Pavón dijo que ya tiene todo solventado con los contratistas de la liga estadounidense, quienes le han indicado que el equipo neoyorkino está interesado en sus servicios.

El ex atacante del Valladolid de España, Morelia, Toluca, Celaya, Correcaminos, San Luis Potosí y Necaxa de México, y Udinese y Nápoles de Italia, dijo que el arreglo lo hizo para cincos meses. “Espero jugar hasta diciembre porque mi ilusión es regresar al bolompié azteca”, señaló.

Pavón no dejó claro qué día viajará porque está esperando una llamada, “pero sí le puedo asegurar que ya tengo arreglado todo en la parte contractual para irme a la MLS, gracias a Amado que habló por mí”.

Sobre su salida del Nápoles, dijo que fueron dos años de sufrimiento en la parte mental, “trabajaba para ser uno de los mejores del equipo, pero allá no lo toman en cuenta y siempre tratan de bajarte”.

Expresó que se siente liberado al haber rescindido contrato con el equipo italiano, “es cierto que dejé escapar mucho dinero, pero prefiero ganar menos y estar bien mentalmente, un jugador de mi edad ya no puede estar soportando tanto”.

2. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Ill try to Translate

Pavon Steps Closer To Metrostars

The Striker Carlos Alberto Pavon "Plummer" will travel to the United States in the next couple of hours (already passed maybe around 2:00 p.m.) to incorporate himself with the Metrostars, team from Major League Soccer (MLS) were he will join up with central midfielder Amado "El Lobo" Guevara, as said by the Carlos in the Hondurian sports show "Cinco Deportivo.

Pavon said everything was done with the contract from the americans, wich have told him they are interested in his services. (metrostars)

The contract will keep him for 5 months and he will try to go back to mexican football afterwards were he dreams on ending his career.

There you have it!!!!

3. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    that is all the news for the day

Remember were you heard it first!!!!!!!!

Ronaldinho11 The One And Only Ronaldinho11

4. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i see you guys got the we have sucked-since-inception allocation.

5. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

smart guy but dumb for being Dc fan

6. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Heh, just like the Ernie Stewart allocation?

7. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    LOL!!!

8. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So who would we dump? Moreno or Bartolomeu?

9. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't Moreno in line to get his green card? I think I read about that somewhere.

And I can't imagine why he wouldn't-- he's been playing in MLS since mid-1996, so he's been living in the country long enough.

If Moreno gets his green card, then, voilá, there's your open space for Pavón.

10. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Moreno. Bartolomeu has actually contributed and can easily replace one of backs if need be down the road. And since DiGi isnt back yet(when is he back?) we still need him.

While Moreno is in the process of getting his card, Bob has mentioned that they dont exactly know when the papers will go thru could be tomorrow but it could be next year, who cares when it is tho. Get rid of him.

11. clashcityrocker

Mar 12, 1999
    In the shadow of RFK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If it's Monday, it must be time for a Metro allocation.

12. locolos

locolos New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    New York
    I smell good times and plenty of goals at the Meadowlands..... allocations or not, hell we are due!

13. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Does anyone know if we've passed the date where contracts are guaranteed for the rest of the season? I forget what date that is. If it hasn't passed, we can always cut Moreno. Otherwise, we should still cut him.

14. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why only for 6 months? What's the point?

Though I'm glad were going after these kinds of players. Ruiz, Guevara, now Pavon... how about Fonseca next!!

15. Metrophenomenal

Metrophenomenal New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Seoul+NJ
    whoa...this is 4 real? seems so sudden, so im feelin a bit skeptical.
    but sounds like good news..im excited now...i dont kno the guy but i do kno moreno sucks.
    what the hell happened to the scottish guy tho? wouldnt he be more beneficial to us?

16. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought #1: Holy crap, we've signed Carlos Pavon!

Thought #2: Why only five months? Did we just spend the allocation on a guy who is already telling us that he's only going to be here for half a season?

Thought #3: The only way this could be better is if we find out that we didn't just cut Moreno, we traded him back to DC for some picks or sold him to some third-division Chilean side for nice cash and another allocation.

17. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Let's say he has a great 5 months here, goes back to Mexico, where he "dreams of ending his career," and spreads the word that playing in MLS is tough but copacetic: all-in-all mui bueno.
    That might encourage players in the MFL to make real efforts to come north to play -- good, young guys, not players on the verge of retirement.

We already seem to have a good reputation in Central America; in general, I like the direction we're going.

18. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    So long Jaime.

I'm almost afraid to ask why they call Pavon "The Plummer".

19. metrosct

metrosct New Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Rowayton, CT
    He may only be signing for 5 months, initially. If Clint bolts for Europe and Pavon likes his stay here (he and Guevara are pals), perhaps he will be signed to a long-term deal. Pavon is a handful to deal with up front. Other than Wolynec, the Metros don't have a true target forward. Just another piece for Bradley to work with.

20. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    Hold your horses, people. This is Central American press we're talking about.

In fact... it looks like he might be going to DC. At this point. We'll see.

21. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    I'll be looking for the retraction today (in spanish)

22. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    dump both of theme, they both suck

23. comrade

comrade New Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Always a party pooper, Dan R, with your credible sources.

24. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Re: that is all the news for the day

Oh...we will remember....we will remember......

25. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite
    This would be great if it happens. The only drawback is its only for 5 months but I'll take it. But I haven't seen any reports of this today in my local paper "The Star Ledger" and on Tuesdays they usually have a whole page devoted to soccer updates. They do a pretty decent job covering the Metros so it's surprising they wouldn't have this in there even if it was just a rumour. I sure hope it's true in any case.