Paulo Fonseca: Zorro Di Mozambique

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by L'immortale, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020

You work all summer to get rid of Dzeko, only for him to stay. And then wonder why he doesn’t put in effort or like Fonseca. Now he’s not being called up tomorrow because he took a “knock”. What a total fraud.

shiboboo repped this.
  2. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
  3. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Of course it’s someone else’s job to HELP the coach fulfill his duties. What exactly do you think roles like team manager are even for? You could easily say everything they do is “teaching the manager how to do their job” by that logic ffs.

4. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No shit. I know exactly what the role of team manager is.

I'm not suggesting for one second that he isnt culpable in some way for the subs issue, but to lay the blame on him solely is absurd. Which is why I believe there has to be more to his sacking.....ie messing up other duties.

5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Solano on point regards the blank stare of Fonseca on the sidelines. A lemon staring into the abyss.

6. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    And his co host is on point that if your alternative is fcuking Mazzarri. He’ll stay until his contract us up.

7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    "your" Are you addressing that as my opinion or just in general? I agree with most of what both said. Fonseca could have been the guy to stick with though thick and thin. I said that at the start, we needed to be finally loyal to someone but his shortcomings made it clear he is not the guy to do so. Rudi was that guy.

Fonseca needs to go in the summer. That is the sensible option. As I said the other day, they made their bed with him this season.

edit never mind the question, I re read your post.

8. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020

9. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    Haakon24 repped this.
  10. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who says he is on the verge of being sacked? Or is that comment just fuel that adds unneeded fire to our situation?

11. Majstor Cevapa

May 1, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'm so torn on Fonseca and the state of Roma at the moment. As a Roma fan, it's very easy to become emotional over individual results. Looking at the entire first half, we sit in 3rd place, six points behind first. We've beaten the bottom 11 teams, which is the way to be successful in the league. On the other hand, we've been abysmal against all the teams in the top half of the table.

How much of it is on the coach, and how much of it is on the players? We miss more big chances than any other team, and half the points we've lost have been due to individual errors.

If Fonseca can replicate the results from the first half of the season, and qualify for CL, I wouldn't be apposed to him staying on another year. Hopefully a shift away from Dzeko will get us playing better football.

Haakon24 and Villar14 repped this.
  12. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    Fonseca has a clause in his contract that automatically gives him a 1 year renewal in the event he qualifies for champions league.

SF19 and Majstor Cevapa repped this.
  13. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Reports say Allegri has agreed terms with Roma. The weird thing is the contract is only valid if Roma qualify for the UCL...

14. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    It’s also weird because fonseca has an clause in his contract for an extra year if he makes CL. The journalists don’t know shit.

ErPupone and shiboboo repped this.
  15. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    They do this every year. They will say Roma have an agreement with Allegri, Conte, Mourinho, Guardiola and any big name coach just to rile up the fans and make them turn on the coach because they think he’s the only thing standing between Roma and Pep.

Then when the coach leaves, the real options turn out to be Walter Mazzarri and De Zerbi.

ErPupone, decola, Haakon24 and 5 others repped this.
  16. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    Imagine thinking if Roma made CL, they then go and fire Fonseca who they pay 6m a year just to go hire a guy who’s 1.5x more experience and pay them 9m while also paying Fonseca 6m to fcuk off.

Then you have guys like The Magic who say “We should have hired Gasperini, Conte, Allegri, etc.”

17. Eboo

Eboo New Member

As Roma
    Italy
    Aug 11, 2019
    This is a hoax from italian radio which is well known with fake news and conspirational theories (banned in youtube and other platforms). Not sure but I think it's related with lazio supporters which can explain why they're trying to disturb the club.

100% untrue and 0% logic.

18. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Last summer they were saying Allegri demands are between 8-12M net, which makes sense given his accomplishments. Now suddenly he dropped his demands to 5M just to coach Roma lol.

19. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    those numbers might be well off. Fonseca earns 2.5m a year, not 6m.

20. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It is called supply & demand. Allegri's best bet might have been Chelsea or PSG, but now those jobs are taken off. He has been 2 years out of a job, does he want to wait a further third year for an offer he wants? I think he will lower his demands.

21. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    Fonseca makes 3m NET, which means the club pays him 6m gross. Even if its 2.5m, its a million difference. The point is we'd be paying him 5-6m to fcuk off.

shiboboo repped this.
  22. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #222 La Magica, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    You referring here? Never did I say Fonseca should be fired if Roma wereto make champions league. Gasperini was a suggestion on the potential that his situation could change this summer if Atalanta dont make top 4 and the Gomez situation will be thrown in his face. Anything can happen in football quickly. I have simply pointed out, long before the poor results in the middle of a good run there is weakness to Fonseca and he is not the answer going forward. If he was to make CL he would obviously not be sacked though. Dont half twist things.

Villar14 repped this.
  23. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
  24. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
  25. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    can you show me your source? because most sources give 2.5 m, and even if I consider that to be post-tax... the pre-tax equivalent would be nowhere the 6 m you threw it.

https://www.football-italia.net/160427/serie-coaches-wages