Paulo Fonseca: Zorro Di Mozambique

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by L'immortale, Jun 11, 2019.

1. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So he only released he wouldnt get the tax breaks in England like Italy at the last minute. Fonseca on the ball as usual.

2. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought it was weird he was even linked with Fiorentina, but it makes sense if he needs to hit that residency length requirement in order to avoid not being killed by taxes.

Funny if he thought Levy of all people was going to basically pay the difference in order to free him up.

3. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    #328 Salmeen10, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    They changed their mind again after the fans revolted [emoji23]

4. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021

5. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So people are preferring Gattusso over Fonseca Magica?

Who would've thought?

6. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. giallorosso86

giallorosso86 Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    We should have kept him so he can lead us to glory aka the mighty Conference League. :whistling:

8. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Would've been smarter than paying 10m a year extra for someone who's not helping us achieve a better finish either.

shiboboo, Indian_Gladiator and Haakon24 repped this.
  9. giallorosso86

giallorosso86 Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    Mourinho hasn't been here for a year and all of a sudden everyone has become nostalgic towards Fonseca. Let's not forget why we're playing in shitty Conference League now.

Of course I miss losing 6-2 to an average Man United in Europa League in Fonseca's second season.

10. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm not getting nostalgic about Fonseca but you obviously compare the new guy to the one he's supposed to be an improvement over. Again: if you pay the new coach 30m over 3 years and get worse results you've made a mistake.
    On a side note: considering the circumstances, the 2:6 against United was much less embarrassing than the 1:6 against Bodo/Glimt.

wm72 and shiboboo repped this.
  11. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Because of our dogshit squad? Or is that excuse only valid for Mourinho?

wm72 and shiboboo repped this.
  12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fonseca was not the answer after 2 seasons and it was the time to change, these results dont change that for me at all. We all know there is a mentality problem at this club. Its like a rot in the club and its been here for 15 years lingering in the background. Given the managers skill set, who would you bet is the one with the biggest chance to fix that over a given period of time? Jose was the right fit for Roma at this time.

Playing pretty well, coasting at 3-1 and seeing out games like a normal team the majority of the time. (Seeing out games like a normal team, a distant dream)

Fixing the total meltdowns issue this club continues to throw up in games might be the biggest task he has faced in his career. That clearly isnt being fixed in 6 months but lets see by 18 months time. I would expect him to end this nonsense. If he cant maybe Roma can just accept being a meme for life.

13. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing I will say about Fonseca is I at least enjoyed watching the team play most of the time. The small and mid level teams would get smashed and the attack was more organized.

This season has just been dire to watch 90% of the time. It's like having Ranieri as coach again except without the results to justify the play. I don't want Mou to be fired but there's at least got to be some level of improvements. Even defensively it has been really poor despite sitting much deeper than Fonseca had them set up.

Haakon24, wm72 and shiboboo repped this.
  14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hated the way they played under Fonseca. I don’t feel it was totally built for him and he had to adjust to the players’ strengths, just like today. And it doesn’t work.

15. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fall of ‘20 the team was fun to watch. The attack flowed better. They won the games they should win and earned me some money. Absence of Spinnazola has really hurt.

16. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I did lol when he said he had to learn to adapt in Italy. Yeah, because that happened.

17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fonseca magic. Lmao. We should make an apology thread for him.

18. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    Just saw the clip that they conceded in 8 seconds. Impressive really.

19. windrepel

windrepel Member

May 11, 2021
    that guy doesn't know how to coach defense , gets pumped by +5 goals regularly throughout his career in any team he coached

"there are many poets in football, poets, they don't win many titles" - Jose Mourinho

20. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021