Pauleta to Sporting in January?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Oct 21, 2004.

1. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Sporting doesn't need Pauleta, what they need is a good creative midfielder.
    Like maybe..... Figo !
    It does look like his time at PSG is nearing an end and at his age I can't see any other team outside of Portugal really making a serius bid for him. Benfica might be a good fit though.

2. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pauleta is very underrated here on this board. He's still not far removed from being the best player in the French ligue 1.

3. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The #7 for the green-and-white will not be worn again until Figo comes back for his swan song. There was a reason that players like Leandro, Sa Pinto, Niculae and Iordanov got injured while wearing the #7 - it's because the God's punished them for thinking of wearing the holiest of number's for the green-and-white. When Figo comes back, the curse will be lifted, you can bet on it ;)

4. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I wouldn't say that most here feel that he is underrated, just a little out of form. He is not the same Pauleta that was ripping it up while with Bordeaux. He has a better team in PSG, but hasn't seemed to get it together. Perhaps the extra cash that he is pocketing and the extra pressure of playing for a bigger team is just getting to him.

5. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    I agree that Sporting should try to get Figo at the end of the season.

6. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    Figo is not done, he´s still a top quality player and it would be great for Sporting to have him on the team, young guys like Danny, Martins or Paulo Sergio could learn a lot playing with him.

7. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Figo would easily be the best player in the superliga if he was playing there right now.

8. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    not easly..but would be the best

9. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Too soon to think of Figo coming back to Portugal. Despite Real's lackluster season he has been their best player.

If they had a couple more like him they would be in first place.:D

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    who want's Figo, Rui Costa and Fernando Couto after 35? I don't see any of the top portuguese clubs investing on theme

11. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    well Figo would always be usefull to any team in Portugal at that age, Rui Costa to a mid team like Couto

12. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I agree, It would be a perfect fit for him and the team. He would help the talented youngsters for sure and would make Sporting a real contender for the title again.