Patches for the New Kit

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by splara10, Jul 4, 2005.

1. splara10

splara10 New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forget this every year, but when you order a new kit and want the official EPL patches on the sleeve, should the quantity be 1 (or 1 pair of patches for each sleeve) or 2 (as in 1 for each sleeve)?

I've e-mailed Arsenal.com but they usually take forever...

Thanks guys.

2. wwnyc

wwnyc Member

Sep 5, 2004
    EPL = 2

CL = only 1

3. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I'm going patchless on this kit...I like the old school feel of it and the patches are too modern looking. I've asked this before but does anyone know what became of the patch vote on Arsenal.com? I would have loved to get the Highbury commemorative crest on the shoulder. :(

4. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So which sleeve does the CL patch go on Right or Left? I should already know this.

5. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have been trying to find out myself, maybe it was never meant to be worn on tke shirt or EPL did not allow it to be worn.

6. gothamite

gothamite New Member

Feb 12, 2004
    New York City, natch
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When they first announced it, they mentioned that the Premier League would not allow them to wear a commemorative patch during matches.

It was never intended to be worn by the players, only for fans to put on replica shirts. Which seemed kinda goofy to me at the time, which might be why they abandoned it.

On the plus side, that patch seems to be available on at least one baseball cap....

7. wwnyc

wwnyc Member

Sep 5, 2004

RIGHT SLEEVE

8. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This can't be correct. I have seen Everton wear a commemorative patch and Fulham wear one last season to commoemorate their return to craven cottage.

9. galt1895

galt1895 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    What better way to post my first reply than to pipe in on the patches issue. I'm holding out for the longsleeved kit, which apparently will be in stock sometime this month. Think I'll forego the PL patches. Too much of a contrast. The CL patch might work. I have a good feeling about this campaign. Not too long to wait now. Glad to be on board here. Have been a stateside fan for some years, but have only recently joined the message board. I'm looking forward to following the threads on a regular basis.

10. gothamite

gothamite New Member

Feb 12, 2004
    New York City, natch
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, the article's been taken down, but I'm pretty sure that was the excuse given. It was clear from the start that the patch would never be worn on the pitch.

Perhaps Fulham was granted a special waiver? We apparently had to get one for the gold numbers, maybe the EPL wouldn't approve two at one time?