Past Dynamo Players (Where are they now?)

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by truthandlife, Jun 6, 2009.

1. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    8/7 is actually a pretty decent European season.

Most fanboys think that you have to end every season with a a premiership or champions league trophy and 20 goals in order to be a success but that ain’t the case. You can play a good decade in Europe spitting out 8/7 seasons.

quiznatodd_bidness repped this.
  2. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Cincy vs Montreal game is on

Cameron is playing as CB for his new team Cincy

Quioto is playing left side forward fir Montreal. He absolutely pushed a tap in wide. If you didn't know any better it looked on purpose.

I'm glad we got rid of that overpaid Donkey!

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When anyone wonders why most distrust/hate the liberal media and no one cries when reporters lose their jobs or newspapers shut down, it’s tweets like below where they pick on Cameron because they don’t like his politics

4. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dog pile on Pat after Heaps save 11.12.06.jpg Ching talking to Rob Stone 11.12.06.jpg Heaven's Sky for Cup Final 11.12.06.jpg From that first article:

The postgame celebrations remain vivid for Ching, who’s an undoubted Houston legend. The since-retired forward is their all-time goals scored leader (56), helped them win back-to-back MLS Cups (2006-07) and was a five-time MLS All-Star in their iconic orange.

“There was something kind of surreal about winning that game in front of our fans and then for some reason, there are certain things that you remember,” Ching shared. “I just remember the sky being orange as the sun was going down, it was this awesome orange-y color and we’re celebrating with our fans, the stands are all orange. It was this picturesque kind of moment.”

ElNaranja and *rey* repped this.
  6. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aberdeen from the Scottish PL appears to have agreed to terms with our man Christian Ramirez as Coach Ramos gave the striker permission to move away from our club.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp...ates-international-striker-christian-ramirez/

Thanks and good luck partner! Once a Houston football, always a Dynamo man.

The article does remind the reader that in the SPL and EPL, a foreign signee must have appeared for his National Team for a certain minimum number of caps in order to sign to a club over there. Ramirez does not have this and the Aberdeen FO must make an appeal to SPL HQ.

7. Brian Gilchriest

Eintracht Frankfurt
    United States
    Oct 3, 2020
  8. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    Another roster spot for Matt to mess up. [\article]

9. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://citizen.co.za/phakaaathi/25...efs-defender-set-for-medical-test-at-mls-side

From that article:
    "Former Kaizer Chiefs defender Teenage Hadebe is close to securing a move to Major League Soccer (MLS) from top tier Turkish club Yeni Malatyaspor.

The former Amakhosi tower is said to be close to a moving to Houston Dynamo in the MLS with the deal 90% done according to Malatyaspor president.

Adil Gevrek confirmed they have agreed in principle with Dynamo to have the defender move. According to reports in Turkey the deal is said to be worth US$1.8 million.

The Malatyaspor president said revealed they were in advanced talks with the club and would not like to discuss the matter on public platforms."

Brian Gilchriest repped this.
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haraldur Ingólfsson AFC
    @HarryIngolfsson

18h
    Aberdeen's move for USA International Striker Christian Ramirez, 30, took a step closer with the UK work permit decision set to be announced next week. Aberdeen have agreed a fee and personal terms for the Houston Dynamo striker.

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brian Sciaretta
    @BrianSciaretta

1h
    American forward Christian Ramirez has completed his transfer from the Houston Dynamo to Aberdeen in the Scottish Premiership.

12. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2021-07-08/boavista-dossier-elis-aguarda-avanco/897127

Portuguese media (above as an example) seem convinced that Elis is up for sale. Celtic is the club I've seen linked most persistently to him, but this says West Ham, Brighton, and Southampton are interested as well. Some of that is probably a bunch of name drops by the agent, but hopefully there are at least two sides who want him and we get a little bit of a bidding war to get his price up and our cut consequently up as well.

*rey* repped this.
  13. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i always thought Elis was perfect for an Old Firm, English Championship or bottom-table Premiership team.

he’s their typical prototype: athletic, strong, fast but technically deficient. i’m not knocking it, it’s good coin and even better experience.

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Elis would be a perfect English Championship level speed guy for direct play and thru ball - think QPR

15. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Ramirez is a low-key victim of Ramos and Cabrera. I think he will do well in Scotland. I will maintain that he could do well here (and he did do quite well under Arnaud) in the correct system.

I still think of what could have been if they kept on the 4-4-2 trajectory Arnaud had them on with Manotas-Ramirez as the starting strikers before Ramos came in and bulldozed it down again.

Westside Cosmo and *rey* repped this.
  16. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  17. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    They did indeed negotiate a sell-on clause.

TX Bill and quiznatodd_bidness repped this.
  19. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  20. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    euro = 1.18 USD so it’s actually over 10m USD offer

if you have a 6m offer turn it down get 1m player sold by next team for 10-11m within a year then you’re a clown and that alone should be a firing offense

i mean one of the teams chasing him this time is literally the same one jordan couldn’t close

21. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    along similar math lines, if in theory he sells on for 10m at 25% sell on clause we get 1+2.5m = 3.5m total for someone we had a 6m offer for, boavista would get 7.5m for one year’s work ie more than our offer we turned down

22. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    that's criminal negligence!
    #LockHimUp!LockHimUp!

23. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    at least house arrest for
    Criminal Fraud!
    (parading arround as a VP / GM)

24. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    #1775 juvechelsea, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    i'll put him on the list with whitney mercilus and the Texans' RBs and DBs for theft-by-paycheck, that one of these days i should mail to the harris county DA

[to be fair i wanted to see reid kick some field goals last night, earn his money that way, your average U18 select soccer player could be a solid second tier college kicker]

to me the telling fact is celtic is still chasing elis and even willing to pay more than the rumored offer made here which suggests it was something about the process was the problem

put that together with we don't get name brand coaches or seem to be competitive for returning NT allocation types. foreign players, youth coaches. entry level, mercenaries, journeymen. this used to be closer to the "patriots," the team with a player's coach that would get players to take a paycut to play for because we were cup competitive. setting aside cheap, this has gone awry in some sort of interpersonal way as well. like, wenger's like, off to law school now. you make 250k every year, you could do that any year......