Past Dynamo Players (Where are they now?)

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by truthandlife, Jun 6, 2009.

1. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for him! He was a hell of a player and overall good dude.

Heft repped this.
  2. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last time I saw Bobby was on that open pub night to honor Brian Ching. I bought buckets of beers for everyone there that night, Bobby posted up with me and we had a few laughs about life, the league on how the players never hear of what goes on around the stadium when we play Liga MX clubs in CCL play. Good guy and solid, reliable centerback. May God bless him and his family.

TX Bill, Hydro and Heft repped this.
  3. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CeltTexan repped this.
  4. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I keep checking to see if Barnes will get on the field, but haven't seen him yet.

5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    English footballer that plays internationally for Jamaica now earning a living in the Mexican First. Never thought I would say that one. Talk about "The Future is Now".
    Good on him!

TX Bill, naranjableeder and Heft repped this.
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry that I missed this one...heard that Miami has dropped down to NPSL:

http://www.nasl.com/news/2018/01/25/paul-dalglish-appointed-head-coach-of-miami-fc

Miami Football Club hired Paul Dalglish as its new head coach, the club announced Thursday. Dalglish becomes the second head coach in club history.
    Paul enjoyed a successful playing career through the ranks of the Premier League and the Scottish Premiership before heading to the MLS in 2006. He won MLS Cup twice with the Houston Dynamo in both of his seasons with the club, in 2006 and 2007.

7. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Ibeagha is on NYC's first team, and has played 5 games and started 1. How?

9. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The Dynamo released Ibeagha after the 2016 season. He signed and played with San Antonio FC (USL) in 2017. He was named the USL Defender of the Year. NYCFC signed him this pre-season.

10. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because our FO is full of mental midgets

jvilla07, Dynamo_Forever, Heft and 2 others repped this.
  11. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
  12. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By then Chris and Matt with be fired so he'll have a job waiting for him?

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  14. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/924614-louisville-ownby-flying-high-after-historic-win

Brian Ownby was a Dynamo 2012-2014. He was on loan to Richmond (USL) for most of 2013 and then loaned to Pittsburgh (USL) in 2014. He did have 29 appearances for Houston in total.

Ownby was with Richmond 2014-206 and then Louisville City 2017-2018.

15. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Ever since Oduro left and Ashe got moved to back we have kind of forgotten about the idea of the speed or energy sub. There is definitely value to a Memo putting the ball right on a head. But there is also value to someone fast or hustling. Particularly under Cabrera the trend has instead been towards steady, technical, and older. Like you graduate from starter to starter emeritus aka sub.

Personally I'd like to see us get younger players out there like we did that one week, something like Memo/Gil/Steeves. We do not seem to think through the sub package and how it will produce, making sure there are both tablesetters and targets in there. I mean we are chasing the game in Montreal and Utah and it's like, ok, you just pulled Elis, how is anything going to happen now. It's not very cooked tactically.

I see Ownby as a victim of this sort of "graduation" sensibility. I don't think he was technical enough to start but he would raise more heck than watching Alvarez come on. Alvarez is more calm, veteran, and composed, but draws a high veteran salary and then I have rarely seen a game where that changed a thing. And often what you need are special qualities and not just average height and speed plus some soccer IQ.

16. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    I also think someone like Ownby is useful in a hustling "closer" package. One thing I haven't really seen either is a definite decision to pack it in and sub in three people to defend. Closest we came to it we swapped in a back and seemed to go to 5 backs.

Ashe was never very good, but if you subbed him in with 20 minutes left for Davis his work rate made it hard to reverse a lead. If you got him one on one he couldn't defend that well, but half of defending that position is hustling end to end and being in position.

But like one year opening weekend they subbed in Wenger as a DM. You throw out 3 snarling hustling guys like that with a lead and it's a little different than "just a bunker."

17. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Honestly, he joins the mile high club and tells the girl he's not interested in anything long term and all the women of the internet are swooning over the love story.

19. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    apparently the two are "in contact" with each other. I was pretty sure he stabbed on the plane and bounced after they got their luggage... He has been Good Morning America already, so I see him possibly on the Bachelor at some point..

20. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for him

naranjableeder repped this.