Passport Question

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by dfb547490, Dec 20, 2005.

1. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    My passport expires in May, should I go ahead and put that passport number down on the ticket application then contact USSF to update it when my passport shows up?? I've heard some places that you can use your SSN instead which would obviously be the way to go, but I've heard other places that that isn't possible. I also read somewhere that you need to have a valid passport number by the end of January or else you're screwed, in which case I'll need to splurge for the 2-week passport turnaround.

BTW I know I'm asking a lot of stupid newbie questions on this forum, in this thread and others, I have absolutely no experience planning any vacations beyond a simple weekend trip to see friends in another city, let alone something of this scale, so I really appreciate everyone who's trying to help me out and point me in the right direction, I've gotten a lot of great advice already. My hope is that others who have similar questions to mine will also see these questions and get clued in themselves, although if this or another of the threads I've started are more appropriate for a pre-existing thread then mods please feel free to go ahead and move them. Thanks again guys and if all goes well see you all in Germany.

2. gngrasso

gngrasso Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    :eek: Not to be a a$$hole, because I sincerely hope EVERYone who wants tickets gets them, but, are you saying you haven't sent in your application yet? Geez, there are people here freaking out who fedexed them on Day 1. Dude, send it in NOW!

or maybe you're just pulling our chains?

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I had to get a credit card sent to my house, and not getting home until tonight (had my last final today). It sucks but there's no way I could've gotten my application in anytime earlier.

I'm optimistic I'll be able to get tickets thru USSF (based on the contributions of Mike Lastort and others who have first-hand experience in this thread), if not then I'll try the FIFA lottery, if that doesn't work then it's off to the scalpers.

4. gngrasso

gngrasso Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    awesome.

see you in Germany!

5. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    95% chance I'll be there (compared with less than 50% a few weeks ago). It's looking better every day!! :)

6. campale

campale New Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Beacon Hill

7. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Excellent, thank you.

8. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey does Homeland Security know about this whole passport number and birthdate thing? It would be really easy to get some info this way and sneak in....