Pasl 2010-11

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by GameraRPZ, Jul 27, 2010.

1. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any shot of having the PASL teams play down to 1 in the early stages 9then play the other teams)? It just seems unfiar that the LMFR (I assume they have a playoff between division champions) and CMISL teams have a league title to play for, while the PASL-Pro is essentially a championless league (division champs qualify for what is essentially an NA - no CA or Caribbean - Champions League and have no domestic title to shoot for in case they don't win the NA title).

I honestly think I could live with it more if it was a PASL/CMISL tournament with the winner playing the LMFR champ. The CMISL is essentially a 12-game division of the PASL (sorta like the Frontier Division, except that the Canadian teams have to play an all-professional schedule).

2. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    That is why in the future we'd like to have our own playoff and a separate international tournament of champions. It was talked about for this year, but shelved because it was already too late to implement it this year.

3. HelloSoccerWorld

HelloSoccerWorld New Member

Oct 15, 2010
  4. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Report: Kitsap Pumas pleased with first season indoors in PASL

"It's done better than I thought," said Pumas' owner Robin Waite of the club's PASL-Pro attendance numbers. "We had projected attendance at 200 per game and are averaging about 300 and could hit 450 if it were (seating and fan access) more comfortable."

[​IMG]

5. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anybody know how the Vortex managed to play their game? From what I heard, the Civic Center had been turned into an emergency shelter because of all the blackouts caused by the snowstorm.

6. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    They played one half tied 6-6 against Louisville, but they got outscored 8-1 in the second half so it doesn't sound like the Vortex managed to play the whole game. :)

In non-smart alec terms they lost 14-7.

7. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw the score. I was wondering how they handled it logistically with their arena being used as an emergency shelter.

8. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Oh yeah. I misread what you said. I thought you meant it like did they manage to get the game played.

9. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was taking a look at the playoff picture, and it looks like there are 3 teams left in the wild card race:

Tacoma, 9-6 (-4 GD)
    Detroit, 7-5 (-4 GD)
    Louisville, 6-7 (+14 GD) (Louisville 2-2 on the season v. Detroit, outscoring them 31-27)

In the Frontier Division Race:

Kitsap, 8-4 (+35 GD)
    Illinois, 7-3 (+27 GD)

Detroit has Ohio and Cincinnati at home, and 2 games in Winnipeg
    Louisville has Illinois and Ohio at home, Cincy on the road
    Tacoma is at Wenatchee for their final game

If Tacoma beats Wenatchee, Louisville is out
    If Detroit splits with Ohio and Cincy that would create a situation where they would need a sweep in Winnipeg (if Tacoma wins) on the final day of the regular season (Sun. Mar. 6) to have a shot.

Kitsap appears to be finished with their regular season. (It looks like their two games in Calgary on Feb. 26-27 will not count in their standings)
    Illinois is at Louisville and hosts Ohio. If they win out they are Frontier champions. A more likely split for Illinois means they would have to make up 8 goals in Goal Difference to catch Kitsap. Illinois loses both, and Kitsap wins the division.

The potential play-in game between the Frontier Champ and Wild Card may be a tough sell even if it was between teams in close proximity like Tacoma and Kitsap. The Wild Card team may not be determined until Detroit plays it's two matches in Winnipeg on Sunday March 6th, and the Finals in Cincinnati start on Thursday March 10th!

10. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a look at the playoff race based upon the current standings

http://arenaleague.com/pro/standings/index_E.html

East - Cincinnati Kings have clinched

West - San Diego Sockers have clinched

Wild Card
    Tacoma Stars 10-6 (+6) season over
    Detrot Waza 8-5 (+9) 3 to play

Detroit 3-0 or 2-1 with -2 or better GA in last 3 = Detroit clinch
    Detroit 2-1 with -4 or worse GA, 1-2, or 0-3 in last 3 = Tacoma clinch
    Detroit 2-1 with -3 GA in last 3 = next tiebreaker

11. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In any scenario, it will come down to the Detroit/Winnipeg doubleheader on Sunday March 6th. If Detroit can defeat Cincinnati next weekend they would be looking really good going into that final doubleheader. Now Tacoma has to sit and wait.

Frontier Division:
    Illinois, 8-3 (+30)
    Kitsap, 8-4 (+35)

It's really simple now: Illinois beats Ohio at home next week and they win the Division. Lose and Kitsap would have the advantage on goal differential.

CMISL:
    Edmonton, 6-3
    Calgary, 5-4
    Clubs tied 2-2 in season series.

It's pretty simple in Canada as well. Both teams have 3 games left. Edmonton plays at San Diego and California next weekend. Calgary hosts Kitsap for 2 games (that don't count for Kitsap). Calgary and Edmonton meet for a 5th and final time to end the season on March 5. As long as Calgary stays within 1 game of Edmonton (and they have the easier schedule), this final match will decide the title, as the winner will win the season series between the two, 3-2.

Regular Season Champion(and right to host next year's finals):
    San Diego, 13-2 (+57)
    Cincinnati, 12-2 (+42)
    Clubs tied 1-1 in season series, with San Diego having a 14-9 goal advantage.

Not sure if the tiebreaker is head to head goal differential or overall goal differential, but if it is head to head San Diego can clinch with a win over Edmonton at home next weekend. Cincinnati plays at Detroit next weekend then hosts Louisville.

12. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry for the incomplete post. A virus hit my computer right as I was posting that and I couldn't get the rest posted.

13. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    East - Cincinnati Kings
    West - San Diego Sockers
    Frontier - Illinois Piasa
    Wild Card
    - Tacoma Stars 10-6 (+6)
    - Detroit Waza 8-6 (+4)
    Waza must win both remaining games by margin of 3+ goals (unsure of tiebreaker if Waza post 2 1-goal wins)
    CMISL
    - Edmonton Drillers 6-4 (+7)
    - Calgary United 5-4 (+10)
    LMFR - La Raza de Guadalajara, PPM Sidekicks

LMFR link - http://www.futbolrapido.org/noticias.asp?id=340

14. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Same two Mexican teams as last year.

15. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you know what the tiebreaker is if the Stars and Waza finish tied in both wins and goal differential?

16. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Darts

17. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frontier - Illinois is the winner

CMISL-The winner of this Saturday's Edmonton-Calgary match will decide who goes to Cincinnati

Regular Season Title - San Diego is 14-2 (+67) and Cincinnati is 13-2 (+47). San Diego also outscored Cincinnati in their 2 games, so unless Cincinnati beats Louisville by 20+ on Friday, the Sockers should get first shot to host next year and #1 seed this year.

Wild Card
    - If Detroit sweeps Winnipeg they should be the Wild Card. Even if both wins were 1-0 and they tied on Goal Differential with Tacoma (They are +4, Tacoma +6) , Detroit would have more Goals Scored than Tacoma. Anything but a Detroit sweep over Winnipeg and Tacoma is the "Wild Card", whatever that ends up meaning.

Play-In Game- Detroit is supposed to play Illinois on Friday, even though they haven't clinched the Wild Card. The league had to resort to this due to having only 3 days between the Detroit-Winnipeg matches and the start of the finals. http://www.facebook.com/illinoispiasa
    If Detroit wins it's simple - it will be Detroit or Tacoma in the finals and it will come down to whether Detroit can earn a sweep in Winnipeg on Sunday.
    If Illinois beats Detroit and Detroit still sweeps Winnipeg to earn the Wild Card, the Piasa have earned their way in with little controversy.
    If Illinois beats Detroit and the Waza finish behind Tacoma for the Wild Card...............

18. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tacoma appears to have every intention to play if Detroit does not earn the wild card. They posted this yesterday on their facebook page:

"If Detroit loses one more of their last two games, then Tacoma and Illinois will compete in a play-in game for the 6th and final spot left in the tournament."

http://www.facebook.com/tacomastars

I wonder if this means Illinois would get a second chance if they lose to Detroit and then Detroit loses at least one to Winnipeg. How they would have time to schedule a game in 3 days I don't know - I'm going to stop trying to figure this out and wait and see what happens!

19. puma pride

puma pride Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't believe Tacoma has any intention of going.
    Greg Howes has left to go to the Milwaukee Wave. What message does it send if your player, coach, allstar, talisman leaves just before playoffs.

20. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    He's on loan. If Tacoma plays next weekend he will be with them.