Pasl 2010-11

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by GameraRPZ, Jul 27, 2010.

1. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
  2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whuck?

3. Triplethreat

Triplethreat New Member

Dec 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Players from Tacoma said that their was only 25 fans at the game and 15 were from studio aztecas team. AVG. 1,200. Doubt it. Turlock can't hold 1,200 either. If they don't have Farber they can kiss next years play off goodbye.

4. crewsupport

crewsupport New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    The loss of Farber would be huge. I am hearing that he could be part of Portland's plan for MLS.

It would be a tragic thing, but maybe the league can find another star that has some notoreity.

5. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I think Aterado could be a Farber, but he kind of disappeared last year. I think he's also more laid back while Farber (and I mean this in a good way) has that cocky-rock star-peacock thing going on.

6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am hearing he could be the Republican nominee in 2012.

7. Triplethreat

Triplethreat New Member

Dec 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    swagger

8. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With all this talk about MISL expansion/foldings, what about the PASL in 2010-11?

West:
    1.Tacoma- expansion team, but no news in months (playing at Tacoma Indoor Soccer?)
    2.California
    3.San Diego
    4.Los Angeles - expansion team, but no news in months (where would they play?)
    5.Tijuana - expansion team, not much news, but we at least know these guys played a U23 team (or something like that) in the Premier finals and that they have a place to play

East:
    1.Texas
    2.Louisville
    3.Detroit
    4.Ohio
    5.Cincinnati
    6.St Louis - Are they still going to be around?

CMISL:
    If they are still around, would they have the same 5 teams?
    1.Prince George
    2.Edmonton
    3.Calgary
    4.Saskatoon
    5.Winnipeg

If one or more of the west expansion teams do not pan out, I'm assuming Texas would be back in the West?

9. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Give or take except I know Denver and Prince George are out this year and the Los Angeles Bolts owner pulled a Victor Cocchia.

St. Louis and Texas are hinging on possible geographic expansion, so yes, we have our own hail mary style expansion program going on, too.

10. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So barring more expansion/folding, we are tentatively looking at:

West:
    1. Tacoma
    2. California
    3. San Diego
    4. Tijuana
    5. Texas

East:
    1.Louisville
    2.Detroit
    3.Ohio
    4.Cincinnati
    5.St. Louis

CMISL:
    1.Edmonton
    2.Calgary
    3.Saskatoon
    4.Winnipeg

So Bernie Lillavois is missing?

11. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Yes and yes

12. BaltimoreBlast

Aug 25, 2010
    Waldorf
    Club:
    --other--
    Hmm, looks good for PASL. The California Cougars and the San Diego Sockers should consider moving back into the MISL, it might draw higher attendance for them, and they are definitely good enough teams for the MISL.

Is Tijuana really outside? I heard they got "rained on" playing the Sockers, and the scoreboard/time got messed up. How they even qualify for an indoor soccer team really beats me. Speaking of the Sockers, isn't their arena half indoor and half outdoor? If they plan on moving back to the MISL, they better find a better/bigger arena.

13. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How's it going Soccer-Man?

14. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Not good my man........I believe I called the Bolts situation months ago. Lets see, real arenas for yer "arena" league......about 3. But keep ripping the MISL. Um, better look in your backyard. The sandbox is dirty.

15. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    It's great how everyone calls things, even things that don't happen, even when they don't even know what happened.

16. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    hmmmmm......EXPANSION IN LA!!! I said, um, ya OK. I was right. Someone on here (I will keep the name hidden, just like the organization) said they would be playing at the Convention Center. No I don't know what happened........don't need to. I just knew yer rinky dink league wouldn't field a team in LA, especially not in a real arena.

17. BaltimoreBlast

Aug 25, 2010
    Waldorf
    Club:
    --other--
    Very good. At least my team is making money. Im confused, who is soccer-man?

18. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    ok - and I will only say this once and not discuss it any further
    How could BaltimoreBlast who is new not know Soccer-Man - I will tell you why - they are the SAME person
    Who are you kidding? - NO ONE
    My guess could even be that Soccer-Man got dropped and so a new persona must emerge

19. BaltimoreBlast

Aug 25, 2010
    Waldorf
    Club:
    --other--
    WHAT? You think I'm someone else?? Thats crazy!!! I never was even aware of these forums until a couple weeks ago. There is more then one blast fan btw, just look at how many people follow the blast on facebook!!!

Check the I.P. Addresses, do every check you want, because I am not this soccer man or whatever you say I am.

Hmm, would it be accurate to say I think you are another storm fan "in disguise." You make no sense at all.

20. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    ok - just a quick check - face book
    Baltimore blast - 21 people like this
    Milwaukee wave - 3194 people like this
    San Diego Sockers - 2116 people like this

21. BaltimoreBlast

Aug 25, 2010
    Waldorf
    Club:
    --other--
    Wrong facebook you idiot. Click the link on their site, are you to lazy? If you are I'll post the link here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baltimore-MD/Baltimore-Blast/129458055661?ref=nf . Close to 2000 people like it by the way. Also they just recently launched their facebook and don't do as much facebook advertising as they should (for example those other two teams put the actual facebook wall on their site - we don't do that). We rely on internet newsletters, which they send out like every week. By the way Amy Keller (same last name as me but not related to me) is "Director of Public and Community Relations" for the blast and "Acting Director of Communication" for the MISL itself. She maintains content for the sites and their networks.

Do I have to post the links to both her profiles since you are to lazy to do it yourself?

http://baltimoreblast.com/team/frontoffice/?staff_id=4
    http://misl.net/misl/directory/index.html?staff_id=2

22. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    now now - did I touch a nerve?
    even the chicago storm have 316 and they do not exist
    to lazy - hmmmm - NO
    but alas it is late - good night sweet prince
    Oh and one more thing before I go to bed - BigSoccer frowns upon folks calling people idiots - just FYI - be careful amigo
    oh and 1925 is the number you refer to

23. BaltimoreBlast

Aug 25, 2010
    Waldorf
    Club:
    --other--
    They still have close to 2000, which is great considering they don't go around spamming it like the other teams do, and they don't post it right on the front page of their site like a news article (were more sophisticated and write actual news articles of newsworthy events on our actual site, we don't write our main news on facebook like all the other teams)

24. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Let's not get that goofy medium into discussions here............

"Got up today, took a shower, ate breakfast. A great day"

Ya OK whatever. Yer friends don't care what you are doing, at least not to the point where they need STATUS UPDATES every 15 minutes.

Facebook blows.

25. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Apparently the move from Monterrey was not successful as the Fury of the CMISL have folded.