Pasl 2009-2010

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by GameraRPZ, Aug 11, 2009.

1. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting Article about the Winter PASL Owner's meeting.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3973015

3 Expansion Franchises Granted:
    Tacoma Stars
    Revolucion Tijuana
    LA Bolts

There will be an All-Star Weekend March 26-28 in Tijuana
    Don't know what the format will be but I am interested to hear more!
    West vs. East, or PASL All-Stars vs. Tijuana, maybe even PASL All-Stars vs. San Diego?

I heard the owners were to vote on whether or not to revoke Denver's franchise (while they were at it, I wonder if they voted on St. Louis as well). Syd, do you know anything about this?

With all the west coast additions next year might look something like this:

West:
    Tacoma
    California
    LA
    San Diego
    Tijuana
    Denver (If They Return)

East:
    Detroit
    Ohio
    Cincinnati
    Louisville
    Texas
    St. Louis (If They Return)

2. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3973015

Other things of interest from the owners meeting:

"The owners approved a performance bond that will ensure that certain standards are met by each team. "

"More information on these teams (The three approved expansion teams) as well as additional expansion announcements will be released in the coming weeks. "

I would love to see what these standards are. Perhaps an overall capacity and permanent seating standard? One facility per season standard?

Additional expansion - The Kansas City Kings? Can't think of any other PASL-Premier teams to move up, unless you merge Vitesse with the Outlaws. I know the New York (Albany) Shockers of the PASL-Premier used to get 1,000 a game, but they didn't even play this winter. Perhaps a Virginia team, I know Fredericksburg and Richmond get decent crowds for PASL-Premier. But according to Soccer-Man, the MISL already has 2 teams in Virginia, and maybe even KC.

3. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    They are adding LA and Tacoma with no upgrade in the quality of the squad is my guess. Basically PASL Premier "turning" pro, same team, different title. Tijuana, why not add them, they played SD FOUR times this year anyways. Yawn..........Until they get out of the practice barns and start acting like a PRO league, they have a long, long ways to go. Add all the expansion they want, hell add all the premier teams in...............they count in the standings anyways.

4. Bpsockers

Bpsockers Member

Nov 5, 2005
    My only issue I have with the TJ team being added has to do with their facility. I do hope the league address that and that is what they mean by: ""The owners approved a performance bond that will ensure that certain standards are met by each team. " The playing surface is a dangerous field to play on. It is not even and the players could get seriously hurt. I do not think it is fair to ask them to play on a field that could cause permanent damage to players. They should be required to upgrade their field or have to move to a new field.

I do think it is great the Bolts will now be part of the Pro league. san Diego and LA going head to head again will be so much fun!

5. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    If they do that they will get killed, especially Los Angeles.

It's not a bad thing to build around Bernie Lilavois and Greg Howes, though.

6. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Please.........they play yer pro teams now.

7. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Tacoma was competitive, but Los Angeles has never played a PASL-Pro team. And they lost 22-6 to Las Vegas who lost 15-2 to San Diego.

8. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4966823&id=118120194523&ref=mf

A promotional poster for the all-star game is on the league site. No clue yet as to what the format is, but the fact that it is going to last 3 days is puzzling. This isn't the NBA or anything, I don't see a skills competition or charity golf tournament, etc. The only thing I can think of would be if they are bringing in National teams and having a 2-3 day tournament like they have done in the past in Monterrey and Montreal. Which would be cool. And it only costs a dollar? Sweet.

10. Bpsockers

Bpsockers Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Even though it is so close to San Diego, I won't go down there. Too dangerous.

11. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Petty bitchin' aside... putting this in T-ana is a terrible move.

Not only are the facilities third world style but the current unrest in the area makes this move even more absurd.

12. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    So who gets the rights to next years Championship that won't hold it?

13. Bpsockers

Bpsockers Member

Nov 5, 2005
    San Diego gets it next year.

14. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wish it weren't true but you are correct. You know Tijuana has a problem when the US military won't allow it's troops to visit the town on leave.

15. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

I agree 100%....I don't see what the 'positives' will be by adding this particular team to the PASL-Pro.

16. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    And the dollar is for charity!

They are going to have skills competitions and I think clinics and then a game.

It's more an exhibition to promote Revolucion than an official all-star game. Most of the players will be local, Sockers and Cougars.

The March 20 game has been canceled. It was being promoted by an outside party and the Sockers just happened to be playing in it. But I could never find any information about it whatsoever. There is A Mexican team playing that Boca team outdoors on March 26. I don't know if that's the same group.

17. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Director of media operations :D

There might be a game, it might be indoors or outdoors, one could be added or dropped, some players not sure who but some will show...... but hey, we have posters !:rolleyes:

18. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    How are those reading lessons working out? Not good, huh?

19. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Los mejores jugadores de la pasl pro se daran cita en el juego de estrellas:

Viernes 26 4pm conferencia y platica
    sabado 27 4pm clinica y torneo de shoot outs
    domingo 28 4pm latinoamericanos vs rest of the world

boletos a la venta en furati y baja inn la mesa

20. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    You left something out...

*planifique sujeto cambiar

I'll help you out further ... наметьте подчиненный, чтобы измениться

21. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be interested to see a roster for this match even though I know it is not likely.

I'm curious how they would figure out Latin Americans vs. the rest of the world. By ethnicity or place of birth? There are probably a number of American born hispanic players on the Cougars and Sockers that could be put on either team, depending on how you define "latinoamericanos".

Also, are the players involved coming from only California, San Diego, and Tijuana? Will we see any players from other PASL-Pro or CMISL teams? Are players from other LMFR teams besides Tijuana, or PASL-Premier players invited?

22. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver