Party Spoilers (US/JAM - US/PAN [R])

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by stinky, Sep 9, 2004.

1. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    just a thought....aside from disecting the team's performance and all...

when both jamaica and panama scored, both stadiums completely erupted....

i was surprised that there were only 12K in panama when it seemed and sounded like double or triple that....

in the dying minutes of each game, part of me was thinking "these guys are going to party like crazy tonight"....

but the US spoiled both in the final minutes.

its amazing...when panama scored, beers, water, etc. were sprayed all over the crowd and it was absolute panamonium in the stands :) if something like that happens in any of our stadiums.(someone throw's their beer/water up in celebration..)..people complain....security reacts...throw people out....fines...court hearings, etc.

when your national team scores, the reaction of both the jamaican fans and panamanians is more appropriate then putting down your beer, standing up and politely clapping.

except for columbus (the US/Mex game) and portland (US/Costa Rica) game, i can't think of a single time when we've come close to creating such hysteria when a goal was scored.

i'm 37, and hopefully, before i'm 60, one of our stadiums will be filled entirely by passionate, sam's army type, people which will make it a home field advantage.