Alert: Partey signs!!!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by leepyswetr, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clive says a lot of weird things…in general now I think about it…but especially about players’ builds, musculature and movement that I don’t think holds up to any scrutiny.

DaPrince84 repped this.
  2. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I listened to the pod. I think Clive's tactical analysis is often good. But he's not an orthopedist, physiologist, or physical therapist, so I don't know that I'd put much stock in his stride analysis or theories as to why a player suffers injuries inordinately. I'd be interested in Dr. Rajpal Brar's analysis (he's an Arsenal supporter and a good follow on Twitter regarding injury stuff) but so far he's only said that he doesn't have enough info to assess anything ---- imagine that, someone admitting they're not sure of something on Twitter? :D

Elliot's observation that Atletico Madrid limited his minutes is interesting. But obviously, unless someone from that club chimes in, we're left to speculate why that was. Bottom line, the most likely answer is the combination of him aging and us asking him to play more minutes than he did at Atleti.

NorthBank and DaPrince84 repped this.