Parma vs Milan [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by paulocesar, Nov 9, 2003.

1. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Well....30th minute...0-0 .....Jon Dahl had two chances...first one poorly shot, second one offsides....With Parma not at full strength (hec, neither is Milan mind ya) should think of stealin points away...

2. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    43 minute...free kick by Pirlo, deflects back to Kaka who shoots twice, but both times hits Sheva (first one in the back and the second one onthe heel!?!?) to keep the game scoreless....<sigh> i feel its gonna be one of those games....

45 minute...Half time 0-0.

3. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Crap...was tempted at looking at the Guardian, and there i saw the headline that Parma tied Milan 0-0, meaning with Juve's win, the "old (scumbag) lady" is alone at the top....

Man....can't anything go right today!?!?

4. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serie A Week 9 - 9/11/03 (15.00)
    Parma 0 - 0 Milan

Stadio Tardini

Parma: Sicignano; Bonera, Ferrari, Castellini, Junior; Barone (Seric 76), Filippini; Marchionni, Nakata (Carbone 76), Bresciano; Gilardino

Milan: Dida; Cafu, Costacurta, Nesta, Pancaro; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka' (Rui Costa 66); Tomasson (Inzaghi 73), Shevchenko

Ref: Collina

Milan were far superior than Parma today but they couldn't find the net. Seedorf was the MOM as he created many chances by running past defenders. Unfortunately, he still can't find the net with his shots this year. I think he needs to spend more time in training on shooting. The back 4 held up great as usual with Billy as captain. I prefer to look at this match as 1 point gained instead of 2 points lost. If we look back at last year we lost at Perugia and Parma. This year we gained 2 points instead of none.I think the next match at Chievo is must to get 3 points though.

5. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    I agree with you Spartak, but to win Seria A, not only is it important to grab the points where you didn't from the previous year(like you said, against Perugia, Parma, and I think I remember points dropped against Brescia and Empoli as well losses and draws to Roma and Lazio), but to always be in striking distance from the leaders (lately, perenially Juve) in April. In other words, I think we almost have to play perfect to snatch the title from those guys...

With the way Juventus plows through results, as well as always getting the calls, I fear that unless Milan can build up substantial lead over Juve, they will have the pyschological advantage of winning the scudetto. Remember, it was under Ancelotti that they lost the title against Lazio and then Roma.

I personally feel that if we hold out and qualify for the second round of the Champions League, we are stronger to win that competition. Anyways, I know its only November, but man those lost points can come up big come April. (just your average nervous paranoid futbol tifossi i guess)

Here's hoping that one more title gets wrapped up this year...Tokyo Cup against a very banged up and now weak Boca Jnrs.

6. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are behind Juve now but you must realize that we have played 4 of the big clubs already(Inter W, Lazio W, Juve D, and Parma D) whereas Juve have only played 2 of them(Roma D and Milan D). So I think we will make up some points when Juve play some more big boys. Hopefully Inter can grab at least a point from Juve in a couple of weeks. And the way Roma is playing it could be a 3 horse race this year instead of just Juve and Milan. And with Juve and Milan also competing in the CL that could work to Roma's advantage.

7. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Milan did not dominate this game but they were unlucky. I dunno if u guys are familiar with the NBA but Adriano is like the "Vince Carter" of football, and considering that he was absent this game gave Milan a 'huge' advantage; which they obviously did not use. Once in a while u get those frustrating missing streaks which is ok, cause it happens to everybody; as long as they keep creating the scoring 'chances', then I'm happy. Fortunatey next week ther'll be a league break so the Milan players can relax and be ready for the upcomming Ajax clash!

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It just wouldn't be a proper Milan thread without someone complaining about Juve getting "the calls".