Parking in Harrison

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by JBigjake, Mar 8, 2010.

1. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The general consensus is to arrive at the gate about 30 to 45 minutes before, since you can anticipate a slow go with the sellout and this being the first game.

The people who are eating at the bars are generally getting there between 2:30 and 3:00. If you are only going to drink a couple 4:00 would be ok.

GSS are going to mmm Bellos, you can google it. Just across the river.

ESC to El Pastor Restaurant, 570 Market Street - Newark, NJ

2. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! Rep coming your way.

Should I just park at Newark Penn? What is it, a 20 min. walk from there to the stadium?

3. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't have to walk if you don't want. They are running free trolleys from Newark Penn to the arena. However, the supporters are going to walk together to the stadium between 5:15 and 5:30.

Here is a good thread about food

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20195143#post20195143

Edit: I think vipers blog has the trolley maps somewhere
    http://www.thevipersnest.com/

4. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to walk! Just need to know where to park! Mostly I'll be taking the PATH, but for this game (unfortunately) I have to drive in.

MMM Bellos sounds fine. Is the place gonna be packed?

5. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it probably will be packed. The second floor is for supporters only

fyi here is the trolley map. It will also let you see the roads to the arena

http://www.newarktrolley.com/red-bulls/map/

6. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if we can't even get in the door to Bellos I'm sure we can find something else.

Thanks again. Good stuff.

7. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw this alert, for anyone trying to take the 4/5 to Fulton and jump on the PATH:

So now what do I do to get from GCT to PATH?

Should I take subway to 33rd then get on the PATH to Journal Square/change trains to Newark Penn?

8. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the only way to RBA from Staten Island is by car ugh.......:mad:

9. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone posted that the NJ Transit goes from Penn to Penn with two stops and $4 or something.

But if you don't mind walking an extra 3 blocks, you can get off the 4-5 train at Brooklyn Bridge - City Hall (one stop before Fulton) and head west. Just head two blocks west on Murry until West Broadway, then turn south for three short blocks.

10. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to this path map you can take the 2/3 down the WTC and switch there

http://www.panynj.gov/path/schedule.html

Edit: According to the MTA it is Park Place/Broadway

13. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can also take the A/C to Chambers or the E to World trade and follow the signs for the path. You will have to go above ground for a block and a half, but there are large florescent signs directing foot traffic to the WTC Path station. (The 6 also has it's last stop at Brooklyn Bridge if you are taking the 4/5 and a 6 comes by quicker).

14. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Will probably take the 6 down to Brooklyn Bridge and walk a few blocks. Not much further than Fulton in any case. As long as I get there I don't really care! :)

15. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    i'm coming with my pregnant wife and two young kids and i'll have to drive. i'm thinking of going early to eat in the ironbound before the game and catch the trolley. never been. can anyone recommend a good brasilian or spanish place on the trolley route? also, are there lots in the ironbound or do i just park on the street? are there meters there?

16. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    um, okay, so i just noticed the thread about eats in the ironbound. so that question is answered.

17. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same boat Devil... now to compete for parking for the Fire game, the joy.

18. SCBozeman

SCBozeman Member

Jun 3, 2001
    St. Louis
    I parked in the Harrison Parking Center next to the Path train -- seemed to be plenty of space for $10 there.

19. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It wasn't that bad honestly. You just need to make some time to get there before kick off lots of stuff to do around the stadium.

20. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Wasn't bad at all. And tailgating all over!

21. njndirish

njndirish Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Notre Dame, IN
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did any people utilize Secaucus? On nj.com the moan and complained about 2 things, no parking and the New York in the name of the team.

I really don't understand why build a stadium right on the main NE Corridor and then go and park right next to it.

22. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Member

May 14, 2000
    Fire Daddy!
    Club:
    --other--
    I parked at Secaucus Junction, and a lot of other fans did as well. I'd estimate that half the lot was filled with RB fans.

23. Soccerski

Soccerski Member

Dec 2, 2000
    Georgetown, CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you say Secaucus, do you mean NJ Transit - Secuacus Junction? I came from CT, used the NE Corridor line from Secauscus JCT to Newark Penn. Enough parking at the Secaucus RR station, quick one stop train ride both ways. Should have walked to RBA rather than take the shuttle / trolley. Due to traffic, we were on the bus for close to an hour, and the bus driver was kind enough to let us off on the bridge. 15 -20 minute walk back from RBA to Newark Penn, slowed by the crowds, and the bone spur in my wife's foot*.

I am going to try driving and the Metro North-MTA-PATH routines for comparison, but the drive to Secaucus and NJ Transit remains a viable option.

*Flame prevention statement: My Wife is having surgery on Tuesday, and it was her idea to walk.

24. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Parking in Harrison & Newark

LAZ Parking has apparently contracted to run all the Harrison lots - more thn 4,200 spaces. So, their flat rate of $10 will stand.
    In Newark - Iberia had a "Free Parking" sign. I inquired & was told parking was $7, which would be deducted from your check if you ate there!

25. kevin ryan

kevin ryan Member

Jan 30, 2010
    elkton md
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Parking in Harrison & Newark

Hi all, I am comingup to opener sat. From Maryland. Did anyone come across parking lot scammers? How are the laz lots marked?
    Thanks in advance and your new stadium looks amazing on tv. I cannot wait to see it for real!!