Parking at Victoria Street

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Brownje83, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Brownje83

Brownje83 Member

Jan 24, 2001
    An opium den in O.C.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This is the first thread I've started in years but...

I wanted to know if any of you have parking methods that help to avoid paying the crazy fee (last time I went it was $20) for parking. Is there anywhere nearby that you can park at?

I would rather not spend the $20 for parking and spend it instead on a beer(is $20 enough?).

-Josh

p.s. Oh yeah, and I'll be sitting in 138 for the Chivas game tomorrow.

2. Ese_Guy

Ese_Guy New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sunny Southern CA
    I usually have someone drop me off & pick me up :)

3. Greywacke

Greywacke New Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Huntington Beach
    There is a $10 lot that you can enter off of University Dr., located about halfway between Avalon Blvd. and Central Ave. Looking at a map of of CSDHU, the entrance to the lot may be Torocenter Dr. The only catch is that you have about a 10 minute walk to the northwest to get from the lot to the HDC.

4. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is also however the best way to "inadvertantly" come across any bacon wrapped hot dog vendors who may be lurking in the shadows.

5. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    I was going to say the Green Line train then a short bus ride but I see you're in Orange Country so never mind.. ;)

6. Brownje83

Brownje83 Member

Jan 24, 2001
    An opium den in O.C.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probably park in the $10 lot...and get a bacon-wrapped dog too.
    -Josh

7. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    The short bus is for Chivas fans.

8. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    as far as I know, parking is 10 dlls at lot E and 15 dlls next to the stadium, you may find parking on Victoria st for free, but you may have to arrive hours before the game, probably not worth the problem, the "clandestine" bacon hot dogs are good. couldnt believe it I could only find "grass" tickets for todays game.

9. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Just a question for the locals, is South Bay Pavillion pretty thugged out. My wife is looking for somewhere to hang out while I'm at the game. What would be the closest safe place? I thought about Huntington Beach Mall but it's kinda far.

10. rudyirons

rudyirons New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    When it comes to shopping there is not bad place for women. Del Amo mall might be better suited for a shopping girl but that's kind of far too. Drop her off at the Carson pavillion, not the greatest place to shop but it's okay.

11. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    (1) Show up butt-early, and park on the street. Wouldna worked for the Real Madrid game, since they were towing, but usually for Galaxy games it's doable. Signs should be posted.

(2) 192nd, alongside Victoria Park, is also a nice, healthy walk. I think the equivalent hike would be to park on the frontage street that leads off the 91 to Avalon.

Parking's a big pain in the ass, though. Sucks to pay more for parking than a lot of teams charge for tickets.

EDIT - don't sit in 138 today, unless you're a big fan of X-Games set ups. Go to the track and field stadium, instead. Oh, you knew that. Never mind.

12. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got a Galaxy e-mail notice that tonight's parking fee will be $5. Parking opens at 6PM and gates open at 630.

13. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Go to a Galaxy Game = See a Home Victory
    Leave wife at South Bay Pavilion= Lose a wife.
    Nuff Said.

14. rudyirons

rudyirons New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    I'm a student at Dominguez Hills and last semester I was taking a saturday class so I might have a little of inside info. For one thing, there are classes and students on Saturday afternoon and I have notice that many Galaxy fans just buy an visitor's parking permit that is $3 and park in any designated student area. Or another way to avoid the parking fee is to park in Victoria street. There is parking allow there and just follow the regular street parking signs. Last semester I had a class on saturdays so I never had to worry about parking. During the summer is a different story, just arrive about 1 to 1 1/2 hour earlier and you should have any problem finding parking on Victoria St.

15. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    You can find parking on the other side of the complex By where the Tennis courts start. Its guite a walk but it compares to the same distance you have to walk when you park at the $10 parking some of the enternces to the residencial streets are blocked by the cement wall be if you park well inside one of these streets it should be no problem just dont make it seen obvious that your going to the game because if some residebts spot you they might call the Towing service. So what i do is bring my Galaxy shirt and then I throw in when I'm getting close to the stadium. Anther palce to pak is the small streets close to the gulf course but again you have to be really slick. Iparked here for the Real game and the lady whos house I was parked in front of said that I was luck not to get towed because lots of cars got picked up. so my suggestion is if your planning on parkin in te streets get there early so you wont get caught. see you guys tonight Today we eat Birrira

16. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    victory street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wohoo!!!!!!!!

17. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Which parking lot are you talking about? Lot 1 and 2? Is there any other smaller parking lot or behind the building parking where I can park?

18. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    LOL....It was an ok mall.....not much goin on besides IKEA....she stayed there a while then went to a friends house in santa ana. The mall's not that bad but then again- I walk with a swagga ;)

19. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By any chance were you driving a BMW SUV? My friend and I parked on a neighborhood street as far from the nearest main street as possible. When we got closer to the main street, we saw a lady yelling at a guy trying to park near her house. The fact is, once you get a certain distance from the stadium (around a mile) the no parking signs targeting fans disappear. It is perfectly legal to park on streets where no sign banning or limiting parking is around. BTW- read the signs closely, because "No Parking except permit" changes to "No Parking (insert days of week)" when you get to more distant blocks.