Parking at HDC?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by midwestsurfer, Jul 3, 2006.

1. midwestsurfer

midwestsurfer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Honolulu~Tulsa
    Aloha.

I was going to be visiting the girfriend in Cali soon and wanted to take her to see LAG play. We're going to go to the game vs Chivas on the 15th, but I was wondering how parking is at the HDC and how early people usually start showin up for games?

Any help would be great.

2. calwalker

calwalker New Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Here's a parking map from the Galaxy web site:
    http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/lag/pdf/stadium_parkingrates.pdf
    Gates open an hour and a half before game time.

3. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    I'd show up 45 mins early myself..

4. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Personally, I park on the 10.00Dlls lot, easier access to the FWY and plenty of bacon dog vendors on the way...:D

Enjoy the game, Chivas vs Galaxy have the greatest ambient, if you show 1 hour early, you wont have any problem

5. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you're driving I'll see you on I-40 as I leave the 13th ;)

6. ForumCluber

ForumCluber New Member

Apr 16, 2006

My first game at the HDC was Chivas vs Galaxy. Parking was TERRIBLE. One person taking money and one lane/line to a parking lot. They didn't have enough people working the parking lots that night.

It was a Chivas home game so it maybe different for a Galaxy game. $10 lots are a good walk away.

It's terrible getting out of the parking lots. Just wait and hang out after the game.

7. midwestsurfer

midwestsurfer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Honolulu~Tulsa
    Haha, no. I fly out on the 13th though. I have spent enough time of my life in cars. Although at this point I think I have spent more than enough in planes to.

If I didn't love to travel so much I'm sure I would be happy living in just one place.

I am very excited though. LAG will be the first MLS team I have seen more than once, be only my second game, and be my first in season game.

Which is of course tragic, but thats what I get for living no where near any MLS cities.

8. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Parking blows at the HDC, from what I remember. Exactly like the guy up there said. One person taking money, etc

9. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Wrong.

Parking at a Galaxy game is like a roach-motel. You'll be get in and parked in 5-10 minutes. You'll get out sometime before our next coaching change.

10. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thus, providing the perfect reason to take your time after the match and grab a bacon dog!!!

11. ForumCluber

ForumCluber New Member

Apr 16, 2006

Yeah great idea. I'll buy a bacon dog from somebody who hasn't washed his or her hands the entire day or one that was cooked on a dirty grill or one that was dropped on the ground and put back on the grill or dogs that have been sitting out the entire day.

FOOD POISONING ring a bell?

12. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    I would suggest starting with just a bite, and build up to eating the whole hot dog over a couple of games. You need to biuld your tolerance.

That's the same tact I took when wathcing KC play soccer, and it's kept me from dying of boredom. So far.

13. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one was talking about your wife's cooking....

14. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's called FLAVORING anyways, ever heard of it???

15. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yea, but they are so good! :D

16. rudyirons

rudyirons New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    I attended that school for 3 long years and I never paid for parking - even during games. If you show an hour before the game, you should have no problem finding parking on Victoria street - yes the street where you don't have to caugh up the $10 or $15.

Even last night, I show up an hour earlier and there was prenty of parking on the street. Just watch the regular street parking signs.

17. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey, most people will survive a trip to McDonalds...:D Have a beer to kill the bacteria.

18. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    $10 lots are the way to go. Yes, there's bit of a walk but you'll spend more time sitting in the exit line of the $15 lots than it takes to walk back to your car and cruise out of the $10 spots.

Street parking is only an option if you are very early and you're well-versed on the very limited locations of legal street parking -- basically it's only available on Victoria east of the stadium -- EVERYTHING else is restricted. They're very excited about parking restriction around there so don't try to park in the neighborhood on the prohibited streets.

19. ForumCluber

ForumCluber New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Did you subject your best and only friend to YOUR wife's cooking? I bet that trip to the emergency room was the highlight of his trip.