Park Ju-Young @ R.C. Celta de Vigo 2012-2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Hodori, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Probably b/c you were listening to Mexicans and Carib Spanish speakers...

Btw, Castilian lisp isn't as pronounced as the Catalan lisp... Galician lisp seems very strong as well.

2. redknights

redknights Member

Jan 20, 2010
    USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it's almost surreal to see our KPAs not coming in as unproven projects or bit-part players, but coming in as a star

did we seriously just see PJY get star-player worship? in la liga? I almost couldn't believe my eyes.

I can get used to this...

3. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    the time has come.

4. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    we will have more in january too with YSY and probably NTH moving. hopefully JSR and a few others too when the seasons over

nmssis and HiTaegukWarrior repped this.
  5. HiTaegukWarrior

Aug 23, 2012
    Maryland
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So with Celta Vigo's 2-0 win today over Osasuna, they've pulled themselves to 11th position in the La Liga table at the very moment. PCY will join CV in mid table form.

6. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    every other team has a game in hand however.

7. HiTaegukWarrior

Aug 23, 2012
    Maryland
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ...true that

8. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yep.

or the Spanish economy is doooooomed.

KiChungWon and dudedudedude repped this.
  10. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Members even said the PCY's thread hit the site record exceeding 300++ pages.

11. yahtrickyah

yahtrickyah Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That is amazing. There must be some serious PCY discussion going on in that thread.

The most anyone has ever talked about him outside of BSK, I'm sure.

12. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Or outside Korea, too, I suppose.

13. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
  14. LeVin

LeVin Member+

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Most Korean PJY threads turn into attack on his religion and bigotry anyway.

15. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    I don't know how well this Il Gan Sports reporter knows PCY but it's still interesting.

박주영 보스기질, 셀타 비고서 빛날까

박주영은 축구를 시작한 이후 줄곧 지도자들의 총애 속에서 특별 대우를 받으며 성장해왔다. 그 때문인지 박주영은 누구 눈치를 보거나 비위를 맞추는 행동을 극히 싫어한다. 보스 기질도 강한데 그 양상이 독특하다.
    Ever since PCY started playing soccer, he has always been treated special by his coaches. It may be because of that but Park doesn't like to brown nose. He has a strong boss personality and how it manifests itself is unique.

박 주영은 선배들에게는 별로 환영받는 후배가 아니다. 한마디로 말하자면 고분고분하지 않아 가깝게 대하기 부담스러운 후배다. 지금은 대표팀에서 은퇴한 박지성의 선배 뻘 되는 한 선수는 “주영이와 좀 편하게 지내보자는 생각에 대표팀 합숙 때 주영이에게 컴퓨터 게임을 같이 하자고 했다. 하지만 게임을 하는 내내 분위기가 너무 썰렁했다”고 말했다.
    Park is not a hoobai that sunbais welcome. In a word, he is difficult to approach. A KNT player much older than Park Ji Sung said he wanted to get close to Chu Young so he asked him to play a computer game. But the atmosphere during the game was truly awkward.

그러나 후배들을 대하는 태도는 완전히 다르다. 먹을 것도 잘 사주고, 수다도 잘 떤다. 좌중을 휘어잡고 뒤흔드는 편이다. 런던 올림픽 대표팀에서도 박주영은 박건하 코치, 이케다 세이고 피지컬 코치 등을 흉내내며 후배들의 배꼽을 빼놓기도 했다. 후배들도 '주영이형'이라며 무척 잘 따른다.
    However, his treatment of hoobais is completely different. He buys them food often, is very talkative and is a strong leader. During the Olympics, he kept them in stitches with his mimicking of the coaches. His hoobais call him Chu Young-hyung and like him very much.

언론을 대하는 태도가 세련되지 않은 것도 누군가의 눈치를 보기 싫어하는 그의 기질과 연결된다. 그는 언론에 휘둘리는 걸 딱 질색한다. 언론과 접촉 또한 가급적 피한다. 병역 파문이 커진 것도 이런 태도 때문이다. 런던 올림픽 때도 박주영은 언론 보도에 신경쓰는 후배들에게 “우리가 기자들이 신문에 어떻게 썼는지 보려고 축구를 하는 게 아니다”라고 훈계했다.
    The reason he's not good with the press is in part because he doesn't like to brown nose. He doesn't like being pushed around by reporters and he tries to avoid them. This contributed to inflating the controversy over his military service. During the Olympics, when he saw his hoobais fretting over media coverage of them, he told them, "We are not playing soccer to find out what reporters are saying about us."

...강자에게 강하고, 약자에게 약한 보스 기질로 풀이할 수 있다. 이런 기질은 멋있어 보이기도 하지만 약육강식이라는 비정한 법칙이 적용되는 현실에서는 위험한 측면도 있다. 세상과 조화를 이루고 적응하는데 문제가 생기기 쉽다.
    Being forceful against those in positions of power and being gentle to those weaker than him can be interpreted as a boss personality. It makes him look cool but in a world dominated by survival of the fittest, it makes him vulnerable as it prevents him from adjusting and assimilating.

이 런 박주영의 성격은 축구에서도 고스란히 반영된다. 박주영은 팀이 자기를 중심으로 돌아갈 때 잘하는 선수다. 열 한 명 중에서 자신이 제일 잘하는 선수로 동료를 이끌어야 제 몫을 다 발휘하는 스타일이다. 아스널에서 실패한 건 자기보다 혹은 자기만큼이나 잘하는 선수가 많은 팀에 적응하지 못했기 때문이다.
    This is also reflected on the pitch. Park plays well when the team revolves around him. He thrives when he is the best of the eleven and he can lead them. The reason he failed at Arsenal was because he could not adjust in a team with many players who were just as good if not better than him.

More at the link: http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=241&article_id=0002096362

16. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    ^I see what the author is trying to say, but I'm not sure I necessarily agree with the last statement. He wasn't given a chance at Arsenal, so no one knows how he would have played in a team with "superior" players.
    And from what I've observed from his short tenure as the KNT captain, he didn't exactly exude a commanding aura imo.

17. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    He may not be KJC or HMB, but I think PCY has his own commanding style. I think all the players naturally look up to him because there's no other goal scorer with his talent right now in Korea.

18. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I'd also like to add that it's always PJY who leads the team discussions on the pitch before play begins. Watch all our WC10 matches and Olympic matches...

19. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he is experienced and a great player but should not be captain

news repped this.
  20. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Are you serious? I'm going to echo what Hodori was saying. Watch the team before the start of play for every olympic match and before play resumes before the second half. It's always PCY talking to the guys. Also, what KSY said on Healing Camp confirmed for me a lot of my concerns of KJC being captain. But, watching the fact that PCY was basically the default captain, even if he didn't have the armband, made me feel a lot better. No question the guy is a leader.

Gjak1117 repped this.
  21. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    at the same time the article might explain a lot of why he wasn't given that chance.

wetcrispy repped this.
  22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A captain does have public responsibilities and if PCY is not willing to do so in front of reporters for his own situation, he should not be captain where he might have to do that for other players.

Its no shame... one can be leader without the armband.

helo repped this.
  23. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL I've never thought that the captain selection is too important tbh. Its more symbolic than anything. You'll always have someone who can lead tactically and spiritually on the field or in the locker room. PJS was never the captain type tbh, other than leading by example, but you had LYP to help out.

Mudang and skimmilk repped this.
  24. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Kim Nam-il, Lee Young-pyo were the captains in South Africa.

25. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    Looks like KPAs are meeting up with the team in Tashkent.

http://isplus.joinsmsn.com/article/908/9216908.html?cloc=

skimmilk and Hodori repped this.