Park Ju-young @ AS Monaco 2009-2010 Thread [R] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by yimmy, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well Park was not helped. How poor was the animation.

2. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i would give him a 7. he had i think 1 real chance in extra time. they reverted to long ball tactics so it was terrible for him.

3. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Guy Lacombe is severly blamed. Now Monaco has to focus on next year.

Puygrenier should come back to Russia because his option is too expensive. Ivorian defenders Bamba and Demel are rumored to replace him. Nkoulou could get back to defense too.

Big wages are going to leave: Gudjohnsen, Dario Simic, Patrick Müller, Jerko Leko. Lacombe wants a midfielder (Chantôme/PSG, Amalfitano/Lorient) and a forward (Audel/Valenciennes).

The case of Nenê is in debate. They're trying to keep him, of course.

Park should stay.

4. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    http://asmforum.fr/index.php?showtopic=21003&st=1170&start=1170

"pour la finale j'ai rien à lui reprocher. Il était seul au monde et se battait comme un fou, les supporters parisiens à coté de moi le soulignai il court non-stop, fait les appels et en + il prenait toute les balles de la tête mais comme y avait personne [​IMG] Le duo park-maazou c'est une blague car à la rentré du nigérien park redescend au milieu de terrain et on reste en 4-5-1 et non en 4-4-2 donc niveau poid offensif faudra repasser. Je lui souhaite de changer de club cet été, qu'il parte dans un (étranger) qui l'aidera dans sa progression et franchir le palier qui le mènera à MU et cie."

Fairly honest assessment by a Monaco fan after yesterday's heart-breaking loss to PSG. Basically he's saying that he (Park Joo-Young) cannot be blamed because he gave his all (something the Parisian supporters around him acknowledged) but had absolutely no support not even when Maazou came in because Maazou played high up and Park requires a strike partner closer to him. This guy goes on to even suggest that Park should leave for greener pastures in order to progress as a player.

More comments attest to frustration of the fans on the part of leaving Park as a lone striker:

"Pourquoi Park, qui est un electron libre se retrouve toujours tout seul en pointe et pourquoi mettre 85 minutes a le voir?"

I think Park initially found success in the lone striker role to to his speed and intelligence and his abilities in the air are certainly a welcome benefit but I think the Park-lone striker story ran its course quite a while ago. It doesn't help that Monaco have absolutely no central midfield. I can imagine his frustration -- ball after ball is hiked up, he wins in the air but there's nobody within 30m of the guy?!

5. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wow the second guy summed up everything I felt yesterday. When PJY was playing alone up top, there was no one to support him when he won nearly all the balls in the air. When Mazzou came in, he would be sooo up top compared to PJY it was ridiculous. I feel like its not just the central midfield. its the entire midfield. I don't remember Alonso OR Nene getting crosses in yesterday. Everyone was extremely selfish.

6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh mayne! that was bad. And that pre-2006-Rio Ferdinand-look-a-like Pino was the worst. What was he thinking? that he can play like Ronaldo? feck me he reminded me of Ricardo Quaresma that seslfish bastard.

7. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    that game really made me think if PJY should leave..all he did was jump for long balls the whole game.

8. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah i agree Pino does look like Rio Ferdinand of late.

9. csi8923

csi8923 Member

May 2, 2010
    i know this has been brought up numerous times, but i'd love to see him playing for arsenal. aresenal ball suits him the best methinks. but now that's even more unlikely as there are rumors that wenger is looking to sign luis suarez. park is not built for the target-man role. i just hope that he does well in WC and garners some interest from clubs that can utilize his talent more effectively.

10. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No offense to you

but why the f.uck is this all people talk about.

"I love to see (x player name) to go to arsenal" or "I think (x player name) would do really well in man. utd and would love to see him play there"

11. csi8923

csi8923 Member

May 2, 2010
    i believe it's called being a fan.
    it's absolutely normal for a fan to hope for a player whom they enjoy watching playing for a premier club or at least a club they can provide further growth in his career.

12. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah me too, i agree.

13. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :confused: You seem to be talking to yourself.

14. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    thanks for the link.
    This is frustrating. I PJY has been too injury prone as of late.

15. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Park Chu Young should just stop playing. Season is ending and he needs to recover fully.

16. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I am an attention-wanting whore.

17. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    anybody know PJY's injury status? it's just minor right? we are screwed if we lose him.

18. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    no words on his diagnostics, but they decided to leave him out for the next match to prevent any further injury.

http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=076&article_id=0002030637

[​IMG]

19. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He'd better start praying fast.

20. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol . . . perhaps he forgot to sign out of his other account.

21. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i heard 2 weeks

22. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  23. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    jeezuz, how nagging do you guys think this is gonna be? no official word yet? talk about setbacks...

24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Season over, injury necessiting 3 weeks to heal.