Park Ju-young @ Arsenal FC 2011-2012 Part 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Sergei Mantis, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

stolen from celta's forum

2. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Watch him sign for Porto.

edkwolverines, msc43, Mudang and 2 others repped this.
  3. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    From the article I posted:
    I'm pretty sure that says "Park arrives in Vigo after landing in Porto...the south Korean PCY is already in Vigo. He arrived this evening {something} England {from/via} Porto airport."

Haha sorry it's been a while.

olijolly and koreansock repped this.
  4. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL

5. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    that's correct.
    literally it would be "the south korean PCY is already in Vigo. He arrived tonight from England via Porto airport" but same difference :)

KyopoOhNo and olijolly repped this.
  6. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    what's "procedente" mean?

7. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    proceeding/from

KyopoOhNo repped this.
  8. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Problem is going to be the forums are written in mix of Spanish and Galician. What the freak is Galacian???

dudedudedude repped this.
  9. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    We might need someone who speaks Portugese since it's closer to Galacian than Castillian...

10. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i gave up. none of it makes sense lol

11. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I hate the jersey so much. Ugghhhh the logo at the back just ruins it. What is this ligue 1??

12. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Reminds me of a time in Bavaria when an old lady started talking to me Schwabian. All these dead, dying euro languages, makes you think about all the lost history and cultures.

13. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ventilan speaks Portuguese, right?

Ventilan repped this.
  14. HiTaegukWarrior

Aug 23, 2012
    Maryland
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hello! I've made a humble attempt at a blog about Korean soccer/football. It's new - no bells and whistles yet, it's called Tavern of the Taeguk Warrior (link at www.taegukwarriors.com) and it's got just one post: The Case for Park Chu Young. **I tried to time this in lieu of the transfer window closing. If Celta Vigo do pick up PCY officially, then it'll be a good day indeed and I'll have to revise as I go.

Anyway, nothing earth shattering in this article for people on this board, but the audience for the article is partly for those unfamiliar with Korean players.

It is officially 1 year to the date PCY got swept away from Lille and hopefully today will mark a good turning point for the man. Last year, in PCY's case, due to him being an unknown factor for Arsenal fans, I think he got incredibly shafted and maligned on their blogs and in the twitterverse. I just want to get it out there on the blogosphere to set the record straight on PCY and then continue to explore items related to and of interest for KPA fans. i.e. I'd like to look into this mandatory military service that is hampering Korean players from entering the European/International market - and see if there's anything to revise that system for the future of Korean soccer.

Well this needs a hella lot of fine tuning, but I'll work on that after the transfer window closes. Hope you are able to visit, offer any constructive criticism, and enjoy the site!

15. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Good work. I'll be checking in from time to time!

16. HiTaegukWarrior

Aug 23, 2012
    Maryland
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ok, sorry for the pitch, I've crafted a promo for the PCY article on taegukwarriors.com

The Case for Park Chu Young. A strange tale of woe and agony -of a promising Korean player sentenced to soccer purgatory after getting swept up by one of the most prestigious clubs in the English premiere league exactly a year to the day. Will he escape, get redemption and regain his soccer mojo for club and country? find out at www.taegukwarriors.com

haha! - I'm glad I never went into sales, I think I'd be a lame pitch man. Time for bed.

17. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Very nice article. Lovehow you cite BSK haha
    One problem i have with it is that you keep referring to parks goal celebrations as Tebow celebrations... he prays. Tebowing is different

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    the galicians are not so good at photoshop ;)

19. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Looks like they shopped Kim Young Kwon's hair onto his face.

20. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ah, La Liga football. At least I get to listen to Spanish commentary. Never boring, that commentating...

21. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just watched the first half of Celta vs. Malaga. Celta totally outplayed Malaga. Aspas (no. 10) drops deep a lot. He wasn't even the lone striker really since he was moving around so much. Fernandez and de Lucas were occupying the top position a lot with the latter more often than the former. This was a very good game for them. They were passing both short and long, extremely quickly. They just lacked that finishing punch. Iago Aspas definitely will not be dropped from the starting XI since he is a star product from their youth academy. Haven't seen much of Lopez and he had some awful misses in this game. He is the central AM and I think he would most likely be dropped for PJY.
    edit: I would think Aspas will drop deeper and PJY will occupy the lone striker position. Fernandez and de Lucas provide good movement and link up well but don't have the composure in the box. Aspas is very good but is often missing from the box....

22. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yes finally.

23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    La subasta final

http://www.marca.com/2012/08/31/futbol/1adivision/1346369340.html

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wow. That was some EPIC shanking there. No wonder they're excited for a striker.

I cannot buy a shirt with a tramp stamp on it. :thumbsdown:

But I look good in that color :cry:

25. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

tramp stamp :rolleyes:. shirt maker is chinese too..