Park Ju-young @ Arsenal FC 2011-2012 Part 3 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Sergei Mantis, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's funny because Arshavin wasn't the reason Arsenal lost, yet AW sounds extremely defensive. What does a player being the captain of his NT have to do with removing their most threatening player when they had momentum? His reasoning or explanation doesn't address the fact that Arshavin is desperately out of form and how Walcott, who was knocked unconscious stayed on the pitch for the full 90 while Ox who "stretched" his calf was subbed out. AW is nuts.

Note to PJY: Don't stretch your calves. You'll get subbed out.

2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Its bad enough he's got just about the most generic name in England, but then he prounces around thinking he's an English journalist making typical sensationalist remarks without having the accountability to back them up.

If you're going to call someone out like that, have the nads to back it up.

3. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Arsene is an old coot who is officially over the hill. Arsenal will have a new manager by next season.

4. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    on the second viewing PJY did better than i thought. making runs, and in the extra time, little theo had wide open PJY in the box near post but decided to head the ball to the far post over 3 or 4 MU defenders. Better yet PJY actually barked at him.

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah. I use watched again just now too. Only one real error when he headed the ball down poorly but luckily hit the united player in the arm and showed at least by PCY standards, good work rate.

Nothing amazing but then again no one was really in the last few minutes there.

6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    hope little theo got his ears chewed out by AV:mad:

7. DavDavFC

DavDavFC Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sydney/Seoul
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Found this while lurking on the Japanese forums more specifically the Ryo Miyaichi one.

I find it interesting how even BSJ members agree our captain PJY made a somewhat bad move.

8. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That comment is all hindsight though.

9. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think it was just supposed to be more of a general comment. But for whatever reason PCY didn't move to a club that rotated or utilized strikers more often. At the very least changed formations to accommodate more than one striker. I would've loved to see him at Tottenham.

10. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    That's what I said from the get go!

11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    F***. Can we stop this conversation?

1. Its spilt milk.

2. On all known information as of when he signed, he would have been a backup striker at Lille's 4-3-3 behind Sow.

3. To be a backup striker on one of the most prestigious clubs on the planet, with CL and a fragile starter to boot...

I would have loved to have seen him at a place more suiting his style or where he started more frequently. I'd also seem him move out of the disaster pile that is Arsenal this year.

But let's stop talking about a decision made many months ago and re-paint history as if he had a choice of starting jobs at good clubs.

12. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    I'm not so sure a similar situation doesn't play itself out at Spurs. He's behind Adebayor and Defoe.

Say what you will 'bout Jermaine but he's 'Arry's boy and the way I see it he plays favorites as well.

With Russian guy coming off the bench where do the minutes come from? I like the way Spurs play ball but there's always a new guy coming in and people leaving. I'm not seeing it.

13. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Most importantly, the spurs did not want him.

14. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    true

15. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team: