Park Ji-sung @ Manchester United 2009-2010 Thread [R] VI

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Park to retire in 2011
    http://www.park-ji-sung.com/

I dont know if that source is true.. but i think its really early for him to retire..with the likes of Lee Woon Jae in our NT..PJS is set to retire very early..

2. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nice... feelings are mutual then.

Nothing against CSKA or the Russian league... but as a fan in the U.S. it would be hard for me to follow PJS in Russia. I need him to stay in the EPL or go to the Bundesliga. Ligue 1 if stupid Comcast will finally pick up Fox Soccer Plus.

3. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It is a bit early since I believe he will be 31 at most by then... but at the same time can't compare him to LWJ because of PJS energy style of play and the fact that LWJ is a keeper vs PJS a MF/F. By the 2014 WC he would be 34/35 years old and by then you have to figure he would have lost a step. And this does not take into consideration the string of injuries he has had over the years. I'm sure that has taken a toll on his career life span as well.

4. davoo

davoo Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i agree, not early. Ill go one further.
    He's actually helping the NT out by retireing 2011. Endat arguably within prime years and he's able to recognize that he'll be on a decline after 2011, so give the opportunity for the younger players to get acclimated with the team, why play until 2013 and not play the next world cup? Help qualify? sure, but if they cant qualify without him, they shouldnt play in Brazil w/o him after qualifying with him. If this is the reason, its pretty big of him to recognize it and accept it.
    As for LWJ, keepers are less prone to wear and tear from running. Keepers play for a lot longer at a relatively high level, (i.e. Kahn, VDSar, LWJ, Freidel, etc.)

5. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Probably true when they take care of themselves.

6. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    :eek:

Damn. I guess I saw this coming, but I didn't at the same time. I grew up watching PJS play since elementary school and it will be extremely weird seeing him retire. For a while I'll think that the KNT will be missing something.:eek:

Fck, we have to win the Asian Cup. We just have to.

7. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hahaha I was thinking the same thing seeing LWJ being mentioned alongside the likes of VDS and Friedel. This doesn't take away from the fact that LWJ is a hero and perhaps a living legend for what he's done in the past, but he should consider retiring in the near future as well.

And I think Park wants to avoid the situation of keeping a worthy replacement sitting on the bench because Park is too big a name to drop off the teamsheet. So he's doing it to himself, voluntarily. Pretty noble imo. It will also lengthen his club career, which also only has a certain number of years left at this point.

8. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol at the people crying over the rumors with park-cska moscow.

It will never happen. And tbh bayern munich seems more realistic to me.

9. davoo

davoo Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    what i said:D

10. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    +1 +1

If he's serious then LWJ has some mileage left in him but IDK we seriously need to blood some youngbloods. They'll never get any light with the Michelin man around. He is a legend though. A 2002 legend. My team MVP.

11. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have a strange feeling he's already worked out a contract with Samsung to play his last club games at Suwon.

12. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I meant his club career at the top European level. Hell he could be playing at Suwon at 45 years old and I'd still pay to go watch him.

13. Senior Tigr

Senior Tigr Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    CSKA does not sign players older than 25, so with all respect toward PJS we will not be interested in him.

14. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Who the hell is starting this shite?

15. Senior Tigr

Senior Tigr Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Papers which want to be sold? Portals which want to have many clicks for greater profits from ads?

16. davoo

davoo Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wenger and his retarded philosophy, however he did make some money for Arsenal...

17. driftr

driftr New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    i was hoping he would move to the middle as he got older. hard to replace his leadership, his experience playing with/against the best talent in the world in the biggest tournaments, his football iq, etc.

18. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    He'll still be 29 when he retires after AC11. He should just retire after WC10 along with Lee Woon-jae. Kim Nam-il, Lee Young-pyo, Seol Ki-hyeon and Ahn Jung-hwan should retire after AC11.

19. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If Park retires after this World Cup, I wonder who will be the next Captain of Korea. I can't think of a anybody who could take his place. Maybe Park Chu Young but I'm not a fan of Strikers being team captains.

20. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Probably one of the senior members listed above for AC11 and then Kim Jung-woo. He seems to be the captain of the domestic side.

21. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Lee Youngpyo is still kicking and probably would take over. Can't seem to understand why Park Jisung wants to retire so early though. He's going to be asked to come back 2014 and probably will accept.

Would have been a much better choice to wait until the end of the Asian Cup (or the World Cup, depending on when he ACTUALLY wants to retire) to announce his retirement.

22. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    I think PJY would probably be the captain. If keeps playing well at Monaco and have the experience with 2 worldcups im pretty sure he'll be the captain..just my opinion though. next in line would probably be LCY?

23. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I would make LYP captain after PJS retires.

24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think maybe, just maybe that Young Pyo wil retire before Ji.

25. Koreafan

Koreafan Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Yeah, probably PJY. Although Im not sure he has the personality to be a good captain. But thats what I also thought about PJS. I think Korea will do nicely with a captain with a more forceful personality like LWJ or KNI...