Park Ji-sung @ Manchester United 2009-2010 Thread [R] IV

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by yimmy, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. songjim

songjim Member

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    scholes faked a shot from inside the penalty box, right of the post and passed a through ball to park, just to the right of the 6-yard box. park shot at a tight angle past the goal keeper and the ball hit the left post and in.

2. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Posted up the goal on page 45.

3. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    +1

thanks bud.

4. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  5. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  6. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    *edit

Posted the same link as kimchipride.

7. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol theres always one inbred dickhead whenever there is a thread made on Park Ji Sung on nearly every United forum.

8. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ahah you can hear the crowd singing for PJS

9. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    park ji sung ! park ji sung ! eht mat dag! eht ma dag!

10. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    the clips posted by Hanjin (101goals) and Dokebiteam (egloos) appears to be the same clip, but not sure who the broadcaster is.

i quite like that in the above clip the commentator says something about how everyone on the team bar Van der Sar went up to Park Ji-sung to congratulate him.

i watched ITV1 (UK terrestrial) and the commentators were very complementary towards Park Ji-sung throughout the match. On his goal, they said his first touch freed him to peel off his marker, go forward and finish was clinical. Later one also said that Park Ji-sung is always there (in the final third) trying to sniff out an opportunity. Some other stuff as well but cant recall/ a bit too noisey.

at the end of the match Marcel Desailly was talking about key to United success tonight:

Nani and Valencia can switch wings if needs be
    Park Ji-sung had Pilro in his pocket all day, but at the same time he pushes forward to the final third always looking to create something
    Defence was a solid block

Rooney was the main talking point, but Park Ji-sung was mentioned the most next.

11. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    LCY's goals/assists are cool but Park Ji-sung's goals/performances especially in the CL is even cooler.

12. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    PSV Park is back.

I was unfortunately unable to catch this match but its funny how some United fans are calling SAF a genius for puttin in the central role. Hilarious actually. It was more like he had no choice.

13. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    He had a choice. He could have put Carrick in the centre.

14. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Have to agree. He also gets the obscure honour of being the only Asian player to score against Milan twice in the UCL on separate occasions in the span of one decade. ;)

15. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Member

Sep 10, 2006
    carrick suspended :D

16. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Gibson then (to start), sheesh, technicality. :)

17. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    that because you can't pay for the experience playing for a team like manchester united provides...

i hope all the man united haters here realize that park playing for this team is really good for him notwithstanding being benched every now and then.

he consistently plays at the highest level, surrounded by world class players, and gets european cup experience that is obviously good for him, but also (and most importantly to some here) good for the korean national team.

i'm sure even those weeks where he's benched, he's gaining valuable experience in training. the squad is huge and playing scrimmage i would imagine is intense. there is a reason why players on united get injured during training. its not some light session. its intense and valuable. the reason being is because everyone has to keep match fit due to the heavy rotation SAF implements (especially with his midfielders).

congrats to park for scoring the goal. he totally deserved it.

1 person likes this.
  18. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    now thats what i call a nice 'factoid'. :)

but hang on a sec, aint he also the only Asian player to score twice against Arsenal in the CL on seperate occasions in the span of one year? :D

19. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]
    Sucked the blood out of Gattuso, Pirlo the next victim...

20. Koreafan

Koreafan Member

Jan 1, 2010
    great post. i used to think Park needed to move to a mid-table PL team or out of England all together to get consistent starting time..but now I think his best option is to retire as a red devil(if possible). There may be stretches of games where he won't see much playing time, but at his age, I think it's better to be at a big club(esp. a big club that values experienced loyal, veterans) than be a big fish in a small pond a la Nakmura. There are also benefits to be in ManU: training with world class players helps you become a better player. And champions league games..

21. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    I noticed Park will play his 100th league game for Man Utd soon. Cheers.

22. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Touche.

23. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    wow

didnt realise that.

+1 to you news.

24. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    in this match there was a wrong call where it was ruled the ball crossed the line out of play for a goal kick when it was actually kept in play, as the cross was made, by Rafael Da Silva (? not sure i recall correctly but think it was him). The whole of the ball did not cross the line to be out.

25. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    lol this match is worth a download. does any1 know where i can download it or is some1 gonna upload it? thankss